About ready to give up... need veteran intervention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
It is all subjective but for flavor I'd recommend an RTA such as a kayfun Lite or a Taifun GT-T V2 and a mod you can grow into so you don't have to buy again soon. Maybe a Pico

sent from my Galaxy Note 4 using MOAR 2.1b ROM running tapatalk
+1 for the Pico. Have two and its my favorite mod

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
My wife was on a basic ego type mod and the protank , last year I got her an eleaf 40 watt box and the nautilus mini (that has adjustable airflow ) and she absolutely loves it. Personally I think just a basic small mod is going to be sufficient and don't think you need dual battery mod. From there I think your next move would be into basic rebuildable rta's like the kayfun mini v3. That kayfun is single coil and really easy and once you get a coil made it lasts for months and months, the only thing is to change out the cotton every 3 or 4 days which is easy. So imo an eleaf 40 or the eleaf pico mod and a nautilus. Then if you wanted to get the best possible flavor of just about anything out there today and also wanted to try rebuildables, then the kayfun mini v3 which will also fit nice on the 2 mods I mentioned.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Riplea

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2010
IL
Not a veteran, but like you have just taken up vaping again. I would also suggest once you make your list of possible new mod or tank choices, you watch some reviews on You tube.

I bought the istick Pico 75w. Had I done more due diligence I think I would have gone with a Vaporesso mod with the Omni board.

Good luck to you.

celticluvr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Sep 21, 2013
    'bama
    I would also suggest the Smok Alien. There are a slew of videos on youtube to help with the figuring out of settings. I would recommend the kit so you get the Baby Beast tank with it, or if you prefer to buy a Big baby beast as the BB has to be refilled more often. It is a great set it and leave it alone thing.

A juice I'd recommend is Verde Valley Vapes Kandy Kane it is pretty good. Actually just check out all their juices, they are great! :) Anyway I hope you find what you are looking for :)

Reactions: Cheallaigh

brewbear

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    I have nothing against the Alien or the Baby Beast tank, however, we need to keep in mind the OP is a MTL vaper for the time being. Going from a Protank to a Baby Beast would be like going from a Pinto to a Corvette. The aim is to provide a satisfying vape and IMHO the Beast (Baby or Big) will be overwhelming for a person just starting out. One must learn to walk before running a marathon.

Cheallaigh

Ultra Member
    Aug 13, 2016
    Georgian Bay, Ontario
    I would also suggest the Smok Alien. There are a slew of videos on youtube to help with the figuring out of settings. I would recommend the kit so you get the Baby Beast tank with it, or if you prefer to buy a Big baby beast as the BB has to be refilled more often. It is a great set it and leave it alone thing.
    the BB can be tightened up so MtL can like it as well, my hubby likes the baby beast and he's MtL. most of us are suggesting the alien for the mod, not the actual tank so much. the alien's TC works great which would be ideal for her, a bunch of us have one so we can help with info, it's a win win.

daviedog

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 2, 2013
    Florida

daviedog

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 2, 2013
    Florida
    Don't give up on your PT2, as Grimwald stated the airflow base is a gamechanger.

The Nautilus is a perfect next progression for an MTLer. Plug & Play till you are surely off the smokes.

Building coils is very rewarding, but look at yourself. Are you hardcore tinkerer at this time?

If you have fallen off the wagon, don't feel satisfied with your vape,, you should consider up ticking your nicotine..

Eskie

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 6, 2016
    NY
    the BB can be tightened up so MtL can like it as well, my hubby likes the baby beast and he's MtL. most of us are suggesting the alien for the mod, not the actual tank so much. the alien's TC works great which would be ideal for her, a bunch of us have one so we can help with info, it's a win win.

Didn't they release another tank recently called the Spiral that's geared more towards mtl. I don't have a BB so can't judge, but it's not the first tank that would pop to mind searching for a mtl tank. But if it works for your hubby, great.

Reactions: Cheallaigh

David Wolf

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 11, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    Well, keep the ideas and advice coming, everyone! I appreciate it so much. It's going to help me so much. :) I can't wait to try some of this. I have to hop off here for a bit, but will be back.
    I may have missed it, do you prefer to vape mouth to lung or direct to lung? That's important since I see a lot of the advice you're getting are tanks suited for vaping direct to lung, while others are best for mouth to lung.

Reactions: Eskie

Cheallaigh

Ultra Member
    Aug 13, 2016
    Georgian Bay, Ontario
    Didn't they release another tank recently called the Spiral that's geared more towards mtl. I don't have a BB so can't judge, but it's not the first tank that would pop to mind searching for a mtl tank. But if it works for your hubby, great.
    works well enough he just bought his own today... then again he was having a hard time getting his hands on my alien.... oh that sounds so wrong...

Robino1

Resting in Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 7, 2012
    Treasure Coast, Florida
    I may have missed it, do you prefer to vape mouth to lung or direct to lung? That's important since I see a lot of the advice you're getting are tanks suited for vaping direct to lung, while others are best for mouth to lung.

She is mouth to lung. Not direct lung.

I happened to just catch this on skimming the thread. :)

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    sarasota,fl
    I have nothing against the Alien or the Baby Beast tank, however, we need to keep in mind the OP is a MTL vaper for the time being. Going from a Protank to a Baby Beast would be like going from a Pinto to a Corvette. The aim is to provide a satisfying vape and IMHO the Beast (Baby or Big) will be overwhelming for a person just starting out. One must learn to walk before running a marathon.
    This exactly. .... maybe some might like going from a protank to a hi powered dl tank, but in all probability, not many.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread