about suggestions to new vapors

Status
Not open for further replies.

rum87mage

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
United States
the little cig bats just dont last long and at the time i started was really weak but that what made me look

for an up grade and thats how i found this place and learned every thing from reading videos and what not

and im using the orchid v3 great tank and the nemesis clones and dont touch my other stuff. every ones

different and sense you have batteries now that have VV/ vw and that cost about the same as a blue start up kit
Electronic Cigarette Kits | E Cigarette Kit | Rechargeable Kits well really its alot cheaper. and a tank that has

adjustable air flow now days for 6 bucks. why would you suggest a njoy or blue ecig. thats why 90 % of us are

here because we waisted money on them and needed something stronger. with the adjustabilty of some of

these cheap but great batteries/mods and airflow tanks i cant in good faith point some one to a item that

just didnt do the trick

that is a waist of cash. pointing some one to a mod that has adjustments makes alot more sense and

increases there chances of quiting and staying quit and spend less money. some of us where not that lucky

but we started when vaping was a baby its growing fast and like computers theres a upgrade every day. so i

do not see the point it pushing some one to a blu or some random stuff like that when there are alot off really

good options out there with adjustments so the user can suite there needs. save you money in the long run.

wish you guys would think about that a little bit

it took us years to learn what we know now why make a new guy go through what we had no choice to go through

why not suggest something with adjustable airflow like the
$9.58 Authentic KangerTech GeniTank Bottom Dual Coil BDC Clearomizer - 2.4ml / 1.8ohm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

or

$21.96 Authentic Aspire Nautilus Mini BVC Clearomizer - 2.0ml / 1.8ohm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

its a great tank and super cheap adjustable air flow and easy to replace parts

and batteries like the

$25.96 Authentic Innokin iTaste VV V3.0 VV / VW 800mAh Rechargeable Battery - w/ charging cable at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
  • Variable Voltage: voltage can be adjusted from 3.3 – 5.0 volts in .1 volt increments
  • Variable Wattage: Wattage can be adjusted from 6.0 – 11.0 W in .5 watts increments
  • Ohms meter: Resistive Load Detection
  • Puff Counter: The puff counter will record how many puffs you have taken. The records will be cleared when the device is turned off
  • Short Circuit/Atomizer Protection: Helps protect the iTaste VV against faulty atomizers
  • Over-Discharge Protection: The iTaste VV monitors the battery voltage and will automatically turn off when the battery is discharged
  • LED Battery Indicator: The iTaste VV battery utilizes an advanced capacity display via green, yellow and red LED lights. Users will know the battery’s capacity via the color of the LED Button
  • The LED lights will show green, yellow or red to indicate full battery life, half capacity or charging needed
  • Superior Battery Life: The iTaste VV e-cigarette features a built-in 800 mAh polymer Li-Ion rechargeable battery
  • 510 Threaded: The iTaste VV is threaded to accept 510 accessories, including the iClear10,iClear16 and iClear30 clearomizers
  • ON/OFF Battery Switch: Quickly clicking three times will power the device on or off. Once the device is on, holding down the button will activate the battery. This safety feature prevents the atomizer from turning on while it's in your pocket or bag, as well as inadvertent settings changes
  • 10-Second Cutoff: If the button is held down for 10 seconds or longer, the iTaste VV will shut itself off until the button is released
  • Passthrough: The iTaste VV is charged through a Micro USB Port. You can recharge it with any standard MicroUSB cable. It can also work as a pass-through device for simultaneous vaping and charging
  • Settings Retention: The device remembers the last voltage or wattage used when switching batteries
  • Display Information: The bright display shows resistance (ohms), voltage, wattage, atomizer voltage output, puff count, and last-used settings

or

$25.36 Authentic Innokin iTaste CLK 1280 VV 1280mAh Rechargeable Battery - w/ charging cable / brass + stainless steel at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

• Variable voltage: The rotational wheel adjusts voltage in the increamens (3.5V, 3.8V, 4.0V, 4.3V, 4.5V, 4.8V, 5.0V)
  • To set your desired voltage turn the rotational wheel to the left or right until you hear an audible click
  • Press quickly 5 times to turn ON/OFF
  • The battery capacity is displayed via green, yellow and red LED lights
    • Green = fully charged
    • Yellow = half charged
    • Red = low power (please charge)
  • 10s cut off protection
  • Short circuit/atomizer protection
  • Over-discharge protection
  • Low voltage warning (lower than 3.3V, red LED blinking for eight seconds and then automatically power off)
  • Compatible with eGo/510 connection
  • With micro-USB charging port
  • Standby current: 50uA max
  • Maximum output current: 3.5A
  • Maximum output wattage: 15W
  • Clearomizer resistance: 1.2ohm (minimum), recommendation 2.5ohm
  • Short circuit protection: 0.6 +/- 0.2ohm
something in that sense that can run a dual coil tank like the kangertech at 1.2-2.4 ohms easy

vs something like a spinner that was really made for single coils at the time

and pointing them to new items that havent had the test of time like some of these mods do. seems like people are using them like ginne pigs to see how it works. thats not right

should be pointing them to items that have proven there selfs so they dont have to go through what we had to when we started.

Reactions: FlamingoTutu

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I agree with most of your comments, however most smokers looking to try vaping are wary about spending a lot of money on something they don't know whether they'll like or stick with. Sometimes getting a cheap starter kit (cigalike) will get their tentative foot into the door of vaping.

Many smokers are also hesitant to start with something that looks nothing like a cigarette. "That thing is just too big!!" is often heard when they look at my mod setup. I try to explain WHY I use this, but it often falls on deaf ears. "Well, I would never use something that big!" Yeah, I once said something like that myself, now look at me.

Sometimes potential or new vapors have to take the progression or journey like many of us did, to appreciate what we really like individually. After all, there are so many options available today, and no one setup is perfect for every new vaper.

Advancing Up the Vaping Ladder

Although I've advanced to rebuilding, I oppose recommending any rebuildable or sub-ohm juice device for a beginner. There's way too much to learn about just basic vaping knowledge without expecting them to learn how to make a coil and know Ohm's Law. I also strongly recommend a relatively new vaper to purchase a regulated mod before getting a mechanical mod because of the built-in protection circuitry.

Last edited:

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
Cigalikes are useless. I do started with one ($45, rechargable, 10 ml of juice, all awful). Waste of money. After two weeks ordered Vamo and really started to vape (wated for Vamo another week, my cigalike was not able survive till Vamo arrived - was broken in half). No, I never would recommend cigalike.

P.S. However these $45 spent on cigalike let me know that vaping is possible...

Reactions: aikanae1

rum87mage

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
United States
thats the point if a new guys is asking witch cigalike he should get. we should be telling them that there a waist of cash regardless and point them to something like linked above so they have options on air flow and vw/vw. every one is different and has there own taste and i know if mods like that where out when I started I would not have waisted so much cash and would have been happy with my first purchase. most of them are asking about pens because they dont know any better. in less they say something like im looking for a good pen for work because my mvp is to big then its obvious they dont know any better. and we should be trying to help them quit smoking and with the adjustments they can get a better experience from vaping and more likely quit smoking with out making them go through all the bs.

if you link a mob you should link a tank that will work with the mod with out burning up coils or messing up the bat. i see people suggesting people to get the spinner and a sub ohm tank. thats not going to work at all. mis information can get someone hurt we as vets are spose to be here to guide them through with time tested products so they have a better chance of quitting smoking. and with the itaste items they have been out for a while and are good quality and adjustable and can handle dual coil tanks like the naut witch any one who used it knows compared to the vivi nova the nautlius has a much better taste and better throat hit and adjustable air flow witch will make them enjoy the experience alot more and maybe save there life from cigs.

$9.58 Authentic KangerTech GeniTank Bottom Dual Coil BDC Clearomizer - 2.4ml / 1.8ohm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

is a great option for some one who wants the same stuff on the nautils but cant afford spending a bunch of cash.

pointing them to something that works great vs something they cant afford or something that dont work well making them spend more cash.

rum87mage

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
United States
triggers like something in your hand and putting something to your mouth works the same with all mods for 99% of us when you go to a vape store they have the ego style batteries they sell people and the trigers are suppresed so sense that works its would be dumb to think that a mod the same size with more options wouldnt do the same and same them cash in the long run

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
You know we cant account for taste, there are people here happily vaping away on 808 batteries for years now.

Maybe they dont need a bigger mod and god awful juice gobbling tank.

The ego twist and spinner is still the best starter option you get vv, long battery life, and still get somewhat of a cig look and feel( although much bigger)

It doesnt matter what WE like now. Its not prudent to be shoving 40 watt overly complicated boxes in someone's hand when their not even sure they want to stick with this.

I can just imagine my 70 year old neighbor tryin to figure out an I stick.

She likes her ego 650 with a ce4 just fine, more power to her......

Your view is being very narrow about the range of people preferences out side of vaping enthusiasts, who want nothing more then to replace an analog with puff and go ease of use.

four2109

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2009
S. Indiana
OP, You might consider that everyone doesn't share your opinion. When I find someone to be interested in vaping, I explain the different types of devices and the pros and cons of each.
My first ecig was an NJOY PRO, and in 4 days with the crappy battery life, I had cobbled together a MOD from a portable phone batt, a connector from my air compressor, a spring and a screw. That NJOY 4081 was a damn good atomizer. I wasn't smoking. I didn't care. The $60 I spent on that NPRO would have gone to 2 cartons of analogs for that week.
That was 2009 and if someone had first approached me with a box or a tube, I would have laughed at them.
So I experimented all of the minis and with MODS from 10440-18650, 3.7V-5V. Finally bought an EGO-C and an itaste. My favorite was always the nicostick and after 5 years, the istick finally came out.
So I have 2 isticks, and an egrip.
What's in my mouth right now? An EROLL. It's hands free! I don't have to hold it or push a damn button. I can surf, type, drive, do dishes, laundry, garden, mow, shop..... just like I used to smoke. The others never go out of the house.

To each their own.

rum87mage

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
United States
im confused did i like a istick ? no i linked the better versions of the twist more modified to work with todays tanks and limited to 5 volts i didnt link a 40 watt box. thats great she likes her ego your missing the point the point we cant account for taste is part of the point thats why being able to adjust the volts to taste and air flow to taste for the same price you would spend on a good 3.7 volt bat is better and cheaper you can use a carto on them also if you want to i wouldnt but you can and its still a tank just filled with cotton

rum87mage

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
United States
OP, You might consider that everyone doesn't share your opinion. When I find someone to be interested in vaping, I explain the different types of devices and the pros and cons of each.
My first ecig was an NJOY PRO, and in 4 days with the crappy battery life, I had cobbled together a MOD from a portable phone batt, a connector from my air compressor, a spring and a screw. That NJOY 4081 was a damn good atomizer. I wasn't smoking. I didn't care. The $60 I spent on that NPRO would have gone to 2 cartons of analogs for that week.
That was 2009 and if someone had first approached me with a box or a tube, I would have laughed at them.
So I experimented all of the minis and with MODS from 10440-18650, 3.7V-5V. Finally bought an EGO-C and an itaste. My favorite was always the nicostick and after 5 years, the istick finally came out.
So I have 2 isticks, and an egrip.
What's in my mouth right now? An EROLL. It's hands free! I don't have to hold it or push a damn button. I can surf, type, drive, do dishes, laundry, garden, mow, shop..... just like I used to smoke. The others never go out of the house.

To each their own.
yea but you didnt have other options at that time stop thinking in the past if you had the choice of some of the mods they have now to what crap we had back then you would of got it and been happy and not have to put bunch of part to geater from random stuff and and take a chance of messing your self up.

so your saying just get a njoy and a car battery and go nuts k good advice... you might know more about ohms law and be a tinker and all that vs a new guy that has no ideal about it and still takes cash to buy a pos
Electronic Cigarette Kits | E Cigarette Kit | Rechargeable Kits i mean there prices are nuts vs somet thing for a new guy that have options. to set to there more perfered taste

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
You just dont get it man,

When I started I though something the size of a provari was ......ed. And they arent very big.

The average persons eyes gloss over as soon as you start talking about replacing coils and changing settings

Im speaking from real world experience. Start talking, filling, changing, fiddling, setting, options and they go......

Naaa nevermind it sounds like too much work.

But you say
Screw this on, press this button, recharge every night they go coooool thank

Argue all you want though - if we all liked the same things there would only be one flavor of soda

rum87mage

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
United States
You know we cant account for taste, there are people here happily vaping away on 808 batteries for years now.

Maybe they dont need a bigger mod and god awful juice gobbling tank.

The ego twist and spinner is still the best starter option you get vv, long battery life, and still get somewhat of a cig look and feel( although much bigger)

It doesnt matter what WE like now. Its not prudent to be shoving 40 watt overly complicated boxes in someone's hand when their not even sure they want to stick with this.

I can just imagine my 70 year old neighbor tryin to figure out an I stick.

She likes her ego 650 with a ce4 just fine, more power to her......

Your view is being very narrow about the range of people preferences out side of vaping enthusiasts, who want nothing more then to replace an analog with puff and go ease of use.

no your view is being very narrow i have a old tandy computer you can have its easy to use put in the 5/5 and type /load great comp for what it does but its out dated same point here.

rum87mage

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
United States
You just dont get it man,

When I stsrted I though domething thr size of a provari was ......ed.

The average persons eyes gloss over as soon as you start talking about replacing coils and changing settings

Im speaking from real world experience. Start talking, filling, changing, fiddling, setting, options and they go......

Naaa nevermind it sounds like too much work.

But you say
Screw this on, press this button, recharge every night they go coooool thank
your also think of the past when it was knew you see alot more people walking around with ego battieries now days vs back then and people where almost ashamed they had it to worried what other people thought

with the tank mod its the same thin fill the tank trun it on and press a botton if you dont like the taste tho you can also adjust airflow or trun it up a tad some juice taste better at higher settings.

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
People are funny. It took me forever to talk one friend into "just TRYING" an ecig (mine) because she had bought a Blu before and was convinced ecigs wouldn't work for her. I finally gave her a starter kit (not even vv) and some ce4's. She was blown away. Stopped smoking and had gotten 5 family members into vaping within a month.

Some will take it an run and some won't. You never know.

rum87mage

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
United States
No, He needs to start with spell check and punctuation. My eyes are already glazed over just trying to read his last post.
lol people like you is whats wrong more worried about criticizing me and being right vs looking at the big pic and helping people not spen 200 bucks trying to find the right mod

four2109

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2009
S. Indiana
I can't help that you feel like you wasted a bunch of money on early ecigs. I didn't. I could have spent $175 on a Screwdriver, Prodigy, Chuck.... I didn't. I'm $1000's ahead.
The market has evolved. China has met our demand. We can choose what suits our needs.
Rather than have you dictate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread