Status
Not open for further replies.

GoodDog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2009
SF East Bay
Can I make a comment about something that has bothered me a little? I've hesitated to say anything not wanting to come across judgmental or hurting someone's feelings. I hope I say it right.

If you see something wonderful posted in the PIF thread but you don't really need it and you know others do, pass on it. Don't take it just because you were first. It's not a game but a way of giving to those that need something more than we do. Wait a bit before taking the offer and if you have the means offer up something else nice.

Naturally we all have to be our own judges and determine what we can afford to offer. So, if someone is offering a handmade mod for instance and you already have 3 of the same one, pass on it and let someone else get it that doesn't have one. It feels good to know you DIDN'T take something, too.

I hope I'm not out-of-line for saying this.

MastiffMike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2009
Dogville Estate
FWIW, I agree GoodDog!

----------------------------------------------------------------
The following is one (admittly not very nice) person's opinion
On a ever so slightly related issue: I have a comment about the PIF thread. It's a "Pay it forward" thread NOT a strickly trading thread? The "What do you need" thread is more "PIF" to me than the official thread.

That said, at this point I don't have anything to offer up but when I do I will gladly join in on the fun either way!

GoodDog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2009
SF East Bay
FWIW, I agree GoodDog!

----------------------------------------------------------------
The following is one (admittly not very nice) person's opinion
On a ever so slightly related issue: I have a comment about the PIF thread. It's a "Pay it forward" thread NOT a strickly trading thread? The "What do you need" thread is more "PIF" to me than the official thread.

That said, at this point I don't have anything to offer up but when I do I will gladly join in on the fun either way!

Cool, Mike, and bring your dog with you. We could have a dog park, too. :D But no slobbering! :grr:

Jules22871

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2009
  • Deleted by Jules22871
  • Reason: duplicate post

Jules22871

ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2009
Can I make a comment about something that has bothered me a little? I've hesitated to say anything not wanting to come across judgmental or hurting someone's feelings. I hope I say it right.

If you see something wonderful posted in the PIF thread but you don't really need it and you know others do, pass on it. Don't take it just because you were first. It's not a game but a way of giving to those that need something more than we do. Wait a bit before taking the offer and if you have the means offer up something else nice.

Naturally we all have to be our own judges and determine what we can afford to offer. So, if someone is offering a handmade mod for instance and you already have 3 of the same one, pass on it and let someone else get it that doesn't have one. It feels good to know you DIDN'T take something, too.

I hope I'm not out-of-line for saying this.

See, now I feel bad. I generally as a rule give out way more than I take. I often take things that are offered that no one else wants just to get it going again. I have on occasion snatched up a bottle of TW liquid since that is the only way I will ever get to try it. I can't pay that price for liquid. Now I feel as though I should pass on everything that is good and just take the stuff no one wants and keep putting up good liquids and equipment. I'm not meaning to sound greedy, it is pay it forward but I honestly don't see anything wrong with taking a good offer now and then.

I do see your point on the mods though. Too many people don't have any and so many have more than enough. It is just a blurry line I guess.

GoodDog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2009
SF East Bay
With juice we all have different tastes so what is better is subjective. It is a blurry line and I didn't know how to say it where it didn't appear I felt like I thought only people in need should take the good stuff... that's not what I meant.

I think it's fun to snipe someone that wants something and get to it first. But there's a ton of juice available and only a limited number of people that know how to make mods. It's a tough one and I go back and forth on how I feel about it.

I sure didn't mean to make you or anyone else feel bad and I don't want to feel bad if I get something great. I was just trying to explain to those that maybe weren't very familiar with the concept how it worked and how to go about sharing the "wealth" if you are blessed... and want to do that.

Jules22871

ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2009
With juice we all have different tastes so what is better is subjective. It is a blurry line and I didn't know how to say it where it didn't appear I felt like I thought only people in need should take the good stuff... that's not what I meant.

I think it's fun to snipe someone that wants something and get to it first. But there's a ton of juice available and only a limited number of people that know how to make mods. It's a tough one and I go back and forth on how I feel about it.

I sure didn't mean to make you or anyone else feel bad and I don't want to feel bad if I get something great. I was just trying to explain to those that maybe weren't very familiar with the concept how it worked and how to go about sharing the "wealth" if you are blessed... and want to do that.

Don't you just hate that the written word cannot be heard. I'm sorry that I got offended like I did. I can see now that it is not what you intended at all. Will you forgive me or do I need to steal a cookie from PM2006 and give it to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread