Absolute BEST custard recipe that RULES all??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncletattoowhat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2014
Poquoson, VA
Ohh yeah I watched that one. His vid yesterday threw me off. He said it was yesterday when he posted it. I guess it took him a few days to post the Life with Suck My mod video?
Yeah that series is a vlog that he films over days at a time. I think at one point it went from "this is what we're doing" to "we're still tired from it days ago." Lol

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Ohh yeah I watched that one. His vid yesterday threw me off. He said it was yesterday when he posted it. I guess it took him a few days to post the Life with Suck My mod video?
I guess. I'm a few days behind. I like Matt & Vanessa, & like the new way they are doing their videos.

Uncletattoowhat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2014
Poquoson, VA
Bringing this back up from the dead. I came up with something amazing the other day. The name sucks, but I didn't want to have just another "strawberry custard" in the mix. I call it Fragaria Vla, after some google searching for different descriptions. This is amazing as a shake and vape. I made 30ml last week and already went through half the next day. Went back yesterday and made another 30ml, half is already gone this morning. This will get a 120ml steep batch when I get some more flavors in.

Holy Vanilla (DIY Flavor Shack) 2%
Meringue (FA) 2%
Red Touch (Strawberry) (FA) 1.5%
Strawberry (Ripe) (TPA) 8.5%
Vanilla Custard v1 (CAP) 6%
Vienna Cream (FA) 0.5%

The flavor profile is somewhat reminiscent of Crimmy's SOD, which was a favorite of mine before I started DIY. I may try to add some cheesecake and see if it can come close to their Kitty Milk as well.

Uncletattoowhat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2014
Poquoson, VA
2 more months, any new updates? I personally have not made anything delicious since my last recipe I posted here lol. I've learned to steep though in that time, so that's a plus. My steep box has probably 20+ bottles sitting waiting for their time. Most make it a month and I end up dumping because they're just plain not good.

LittleBird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2014
East Coast, USA
I am in desperate need of a delicious vanilla custard! Been on a fruit and cream kick for too long.
I'm on a custard kick (for a change! :lol:) and am so wanting to find a clone of Bryce's Vanilla Creme Custard. I love that stuff!

nlgoddess57

ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2015
Washington State
I am in desperate need of a delicious vanilla custard! Been on a fruit and cream kick for too long.
What!! fruit and vanilla? never took you for the type... Currently I am patiently waiting for my second round of Coconut VCT to mature. I am in love with this creation of mine but it requires a 12 week steep to reach heavenly perfection. Silly me, I only made 100ml the first time round.....ugh.

Uncletattoowhat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2014
Poquoson, VA
What!! fruit and vanilla? never took you for the type... Currently I am patiently waiting for my second round of Coconut VCT to mature. I am in love with this creation of mine but it requires a 12 week steep to reach heavenly perfection. Silly me, I only made 100ml the first time round.....ugh.
I burned myself out on custards and went vape blind to them. I had to go over to the fruity side to keep it fresh. Now I'm back to custards for now.

Reactions: Kenna

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Question....Would transferring a smaller amount like 30ml steep quicker than the 12 weeks? I am just thinking that larger volumes take longer to steep than smaller ones. ??
:)

Reactions: Kenna

sketchness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA
Question....Would transferring a smaller amount like 30ml steep quicker than the 12 weeks? I am just thinking that larger volumes take longer to steep than smaller ones. ??
:)

Smaller quantities do steep faster. How much faster will depend on personal taste and the recipe. at least according to the nicoticket characters.

edit - what I have found helps also, is clear glass instead of amber.

juicynoos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
"Paradox", French West Indies
Yeah, what is that elusive eggy taste in custard...is it as in pancake or egg waffles?
Anyway, I guess the yolks on me..:lol:

Quite enjoyed 'third world custard' after a year of trying tons of variations on StevO's custard and subsequent recipe posts but added 1% DDL. pretty decent considering the lower %'s and simpler recipe.

I pretty much need some bakery like cookie flavor with my custard or I get vape blind to it real quick now.

CAP VC v1 12%
CAP Graham Cracker 1.5%
CAP Sugar Cookie 6%
FA Whipped Cream 3%
FA Vienna Cream 1.5%
EM or Brown sugar to taste

max. VG

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
I'm still trying to figure out what this so-called "Eggy" taste is that I keep hearing about?

Scrambled Eggs?
Hard Boiled Eggs?
Raw Eggs?

I was thinking maybe an "Eggy" taste was something that tastes like custard (but custard is more of a vanilla taste, not egg)
Real custards are made with lots of eggs, cream, & sugar with just a a bit vanilla added. So yes, custard juice has an eggy taste.

Sent from my LG-V700 using Tapatalk

Uncletattoowhat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2014
Poquoson, VA
Yeah, what is that elusive eggy taste in custard...is it as in pancake or egg waffles?
Anyway, I guess the yolks on me..:lol:

Quite enjoyed 'third world custard' after a year of trying tons of variations on StevO's custard and subsequent recipe posts but added 1% DDL. pretty decent considering the lower %'s and simpler recipe.

I pretty much need some bakery like cookie flavor with my custard or I get vape blind to it real quick now.

CAP VC v1 12%
CAP Graham Cracker 1.5%
CAP Sugar Cookie 6%
FA Whipped Cream 3%
FA Vienna Cream 1.5%
EM or Brown sugar to taste

max. VG
Sounds really good! I may mix this up later, but sub TFA graham for CAP. CAP graham makes me cough and IMO TFA graham tastes more like a graham cracker.

juicynoos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
"Paradox", French West Indies
Sounds really good! I may mix this up later, but sub TFA graham for CAP. CAP graham makes me cough and IMO TFA graham tastes more like a graham cracker.

Have to agree with you on the CAP Graham but FW Graham was out of stock at the time of my last order,
I was a little disappointed with the harsh flavor I got from the CAP GC but I'd ordered a 4oz bottle from ecigexpress and needed it for my adv recipe at the time.. have to use it up so just reduced the percentage! Have yet to try the TFA GC ..well next order!

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Bringing this back up from the dead. I came up with something amazing the other day. The name sucks, but I didn't want to have just another "strawberry custard" in the mix. I call it Fragaria Vla, after some google searching for different descriptions. This is amazing as a shake and vape. I made 30ml last week and already went through half the next day. Went back yesterday and made another 30ml, half is already gone this morning. This will get a 120ml steep batch when I get some more flavors in.

Holy Vanilla (DIY Flavor Shack) 2%
Meringue (FA) 2%
Red Touch (Strawberry) (FA) 1.5%
Strawberry (Ripe) (TPA) 8.5%
Vanilla Custard v1 (CAP) 6%
Vienna Cream (FA) 0.5%

The flavor profile is somewhat reminiscent of Crimmy's SOD, which was a favorite of mine before I started DIY. I may try to add some cheesecake and see if it can come close to their Kitty Milk as well.
What can sub for Holy Vanilla & Red Touch? I've got INW vanilla, TFA vanilla (bourbon), FA madegascar vanilla, TFA french vanilla, INW vanilla bourbon. Then TFA rip Strawberry, INW shisha strawberry, CAP sweet strawberry, TFA strawberry, FW strawberry. Suggestions?

Reactions: herb
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread