Absolute BEST custard recipe that RULES all??

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleBird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2014
East Coast, USA
VC28 (a couple of posts up) is almost perfect. I increased the marshmallow to 1%, and may even go to 1.25% on the next batch. The marshmallow is adding a nice creamy note, along with some needed sweetness. I'll also reduce the Caps VC down to 12%, because the longer it steeps, the stronger it gets. I'm surprised at how well the vanilla tahiti and holiday spice combination worked out. Just enough spice, but nowhere nearly as overwhelming as the eggnog was :). I'm happy. Not enough that I'll stop tinkering, but this one works.

Now, for a vanilla pudding ...

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
The chicken is symbolic of a Sloth poking its head in the door (why a chicken image and not a Sloth? Well - anybody's guess, really)

I've recently had a hankering for custard, so just got in INW and FLV Custard, already had FA on hand. Also got Cap's VC1, which I remember utterly despising when I tried it before but I'll approach with an open mind this time.

Let the slotherly custard hunt begin!!

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
So I just sampled a juice containing CAP VC1, and I realize it's only been steeping a few days but it did also get the croc pot treatment - yuck man. Am I the only one who just can't do this flavoring? Or does it really need a month to become tolerable?

I have yet to find a Capella flavor that doesn't make me gag, except for cheesecake, which is still up in the air but I think I like it.

Dubminer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
So I just sampled a juice containing CAP VC1, and I realize it's only been steeping a few days but it did also get the croc pot treatment - yuck man. Am I the only one who just can't do this flavoring? Or does it really need a month to become tolerable?

I have yet to find a Capella flavor that doesn't make me gag, except for cheesecake, which is still up in the air but I think I like it.
CAP Vanilla custard needs at least a month to steep in my opinion.Then it is absolutely delicious!

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
CAP Vanilla custard needs at least a month to steep in my opinion.Then it is absolutely delicious!
I'll give it a try in another month for sure then. It's going to have to change 100% though for me to like it. Tastes really bad right now, really fake and yucky.

Dubminer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
I'll give it a try in another month for sure then. It's going to have to change 100% though for me to like it. Tastes really bad right now, really fake and yucky.
Yes it does taste Fake and yucky at first! It really changes 100% after at least a month.I prefer around 6 weeks.I try to shake up the bottle every day as well.It will totally change!

Dubminer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Sweet :thumb:

I'm starting to think the croc pot speed steep is kinda worthless, doesn't seem to make any difference to my flavors at all really.
I agree i tried that method at first.Nothing beats time and it tastes better to me when it has not been heated as well.My all day vape is CAP VC mixed with equal parts CAP French vanilla.I mix a few large bottles and whenever i empty one of them mix another.I try to have three 120 ml steeping all the time.This way all my mixes are normally a couple of months old before i need them.No waiting just open a fresh one and mix another to steep.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA

Let it steep. Be a patient sloth!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

LittleBird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2014
East Coast, USA
Yeah, I think I'm done using the heat methods. It seems many swear by it but if anything I think it hurts my cause.

The INW and FLV Custards I am sure also improve greatly with steep, but they seem very good after only a few days.
I steep Cap VC1 for at least a month, with the cap off for the first week, and shake daily. Cap off seems to make a big difference. Also, VC1 by itself is PSS (that's, Patooey! Spit! Spit!). What are you mixing it with?

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
Yeah we need an egg flavor, legit, straight up egg and cream. And why is it so elusive, why, yes i have had a custard from a shop. And it was really rich and eggy, first time i tried it, was the first time i had ever vaped a custard, and fell in love after that, but in diy it seems almost impossible. Some one knows, some one who works for these companies knows whats in there, we dont want to know your recipe, we just want to know what the egg comes from!!!
I know he wrote this a while back and hasn't been on in a while (since Oct), but for anyone looking for an eggy custard recipe I think I found one!

I was perusing other websites for a Creme Brulee recipe a couple of weeks ago and found this one:

Burnt Sugar Custard:
TFA Brown Sugar Extra 3%
CAP Vanilla Custard V1 3%
CAP Caramel 2%

After a steep of about 3 weeks I tried it in one of my Reos and it turned out to be super eggy! What I remember Custard's Last Stand to be like! Not so much Creme Brulee but tons of egg! GIve it a try!

Last edited:

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
I steep Cap VC1 for at least a month, with the cap off for the first week, and shake daily. Cap off seems to make a big difference. Also, VC1 by itself is PSS (that's, Patooey! Spit! Spit!). What are you mixing it with?
I've got it in a few mixes with various things, mostly recipes I found on ELR. I'ma steepin' it, but seems to me like FLV and INW Custards rock its boat.

NY Cheesecake tho - it's so good I CAN'T steep it :D

LittleBird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2014
East Coast, USA

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
I'm enjoying this after 2 weeks:

FA Coconut .5%
INW Custard 1.5%
TPA Marshmallow 1.5%
FLV Custard 4%
CAP VC V1 3%
Shisha Vanilla 2%

It's a spin of a recipe I found on another website (which I think is banned? so I won't mention it by name). I'm sure it'll develop further, but, it's pretty thick and creamy and tasty right now. Super vanilla-y. Maybe I'll end up like Cap VC1 after all, but probably in low doses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread