Ace of Wands (Greetings from Russia!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

akchena

Unregistered Supplier
Aug 26, 2016
Russia, Samara
Hello everyone, my name is Ann, I’m an artist, a vaper, and a mother of two wonderful children. I'm from Russia. :)

I think you may find my story interesting, since the circumstances that helped me give up smoking and start vaping were not quite usual.

I joined the vaping community just over a year ago. It helped me get rid of the bad habit (been smoking for a little over 20 years), find a wonderful new hobby and meet many new friends who share my ideas and interests. I’ve been communicating so far only on Russian vaping forums, but now decided that it’s time to enter the international community.

So, here’s my story.
I started smoking when I was 15, and it took me 5 years to realize that I’d become an addict and I couldn’t give it up just because I wanted to. I’ve been trying to break the bad habit over and over again. Allen Carr, nicotine patches, the willpower, various psychological trainings – none of these methods helped. Finally I lost all hope of ever succeeding, because I understood that I wouldn’t be able to give up smoking without finding something else that would be a substitute for the bad habit, and I couldn’t even imagine any worthy substitute.
Of course I knew that there was such thing as e-cigarettes, but I was sure that they were no better than nicotine patches that hadn’t helped me at all. The thing is, in 2012-14 I was asking my friends and acquaintances who tried e-cigs, and they all told me as one that it’s just useless toys that are constantly breaking down, leaking and occasionally start to taste and smell bad. I believed them and decided that it would be better to forget about e-cigs, and if someone told me back then that those devices would help me give up smoking, I’d never believe them.

It was a quiet evening of spring 2015, I was thinking sadly yet again of what I could do to get rid of my bad habit. Suddenly I thought of my old hobby, the tarot cards. I’m not good at them, not keen on them seriously, I don’t even know the meanings of the cards and I’ve never card-read for others. But sometimes they help me find the right answer in difficult situations. I just take the pack of cards, think of a problem and pull out one or several cards from the deck, then I look at them and try to find an answer in my own mind, thinking of my associations and ideas on the picture I see.

So I did this time. Asking myself: “What helps me stop smoking?” I pulled out a card, and it was the Ace of Wands.

Batons_01.jpg

I've attached the picture of this card from my edition of the tarot deck, so you can see exactly what I saw. I didn’t know the exact meaning of this card and started to examine the image closely and suddenly it dawned upon me: that’s an e-cigarette! And despite all the negative information I learned about it, I decided to give it a try.

The very next day I went to a vapeshop in order to choose my first device. :)
I got lucky: the shop-assistant let me try his e-cig. I inhaled several times and realized that my assumption was correct: the device like that seemed to be able to help me give up smoking. I purchased eGo, but it broke down the very next day, and I started looking for a better device. 3 months later I found my Zen in Nectar + iStick 50. iStick was later replaced with other mods & sticks, while Nectar still remains my main and favorite atomizer. Today I use both mechanical and electronic mods & sticks with great pleasure.

So, I think that’s the story :)
Glad to meet you and to be a part of your community!

Last edited:

akchena

Unregistered Supplier
Aug 26, 2016
Russia, Samara
r77r7r, hi, thanks a lot :)

dobroeutro, thank you! I'm also sure I'll like this place :)

ceeceeisme, hi! Yes, it's my painting in watercolours, it's not entirely a self portrait, although this woman resembles me very much. It's an old picture, but I really like it for some reason despite some flaws I see in it, and so I decided to use it as my profile pic.

bigdancehawk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Kansas City, Missouri
So glad you're here! Your English is exceptional. As I'm not at all familiar with tarot cards, you inspired me to read up on the Ace of Wands. It seems that, among other things, it predicts starting something new and a "new, positive levels of health and vitality." Wow, that seems quite appropriate!

Reactions: akchena

akchena

Unregistered Supplier
Aug 26, 2016
Russia, Samara
bigdancehawk,
thank you for your kind words! :) The coincidence is really amazing, that's true.

Sometimes I read the meanings of the cards, as well, but quite often I'm just too lazy to do it :) And I don't even try to remember them all, and so rely mostly on my own intuition. Besides, the whole process gets much more interesting :)

Reactions: bigdancehawk

akchena

Unregistered Supplier
Aug 26, 2016
Russia, Samara
Train2, hi! The vaping community is developing really quickly in Russia, the number of vapers is constantly increasing, but of course there are also some "anti-vapers".

I live not far from the city-center (the population in Samara is about 1.2 million, so the city is quite big, but it's much smaller than, say, Moscow or Saint Petersburg), and there are 5 vapeshops near my house, 2 of them opened last year.

So I suppose I can say that vaping is becoming popular in Russia. :)

As for the laws, I honestly don't know, since I make liquids for myself, and all the ingredients are produced by local manufacturers.

Reactions: Train2

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Welcome and glad you joined.
As for the laws, I honestly don't know, since I make liquids for myself, and all the ingredients are produced by local manufacturers
We have terrible anti vaping laws coming soon. Anyone who has never smoked or vaped just don't get it.
This might be more entertaining:
dannyv45's blog | E-Cigarette Forum
Hoosier's blog | E-Cigarette Forum
DIY Resources
How hard is it to get in to DIY liqiud?
diy_beginners_guide - DIY_eJuice
What you need to know as as far as supplies and safety for the first time juicer. | E-Cigarette Forum
Tips for Beginners – DIY OR DIE VAPING

akchena

Unregistered Supplier
Aug 26, 2016
Russia, Samara
Sorry for the late response, sometimes I don't have time to reply at once, I just read the new posts quickly and return to my work and chores.

snork, thank you, I'm glad you liked it!

I really appreciate your warm welcome, guys!

BrotherBob, thanks for the links, I'll take a look, I'm sure I'll find many useful tips there.

By the way, I've read some info about the new laws in the US, it's all really terrible, I just hope the restrictions will be softened or even cancelled later. I think it's obvious that such laws are in the interests of tobacco companies.

There are some terrible and repressive oncoming laws in my country, as well. They frighten people, violate their rights and slow down the progress. You can google the information about Yarovaya Law, for instance, it endangers the availability of the Internet access and mobile communication as such.

But there's one more thing I want to say. We're living in the world where the technical progress develops so quickly that it engages the interests of many people, and these people try to stop its development. But, of course, it's impossible. I'm sure things will sort themselves this or that way. The world around us is constantly changing, so we shouldn't be afraid of changes and should be able to be flexible enough to maneuver and find ways to get what we want. ;)

On Russian vaping forums we also discuss some new laws that, if adopted, will concern our interests and make our life much more difficult. People fear for the future of e-cigs and vaping community. But, one way or another, the community, as well as the business connected with it, will survive. I'm sure we all shouldn't lose heart, we'll make it.

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2016
Niagara Region, ON CANADA
ceeceeisme, hi! Yes, it's my painting in watercolours, it's not entirely a self portrait, although this woman resembles me very much. It's an old picture, but I really like it for some reason despite some flaws I see in it, and so I decided to use it as my profile pic.

It's a lovely piece Ann. Watercolor is a medium I could never master so I gave up on it and I think for this reason I am very drawn to watercolor pictures today.

akchena

Unregistered Supplier
Aug 26, 2016
Russia, Samara
ceeceeisme, thanks! Frankly, I love watercolors precisely because it's so uncertain and hard-to-master. I like complications in general, it's a great pleasure to see the results after the hard work, even if you don't quite like these results at first. As time goes by, it becomes more and more interesting to look at the things you worked on so long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread