ACK!!! Hope y'all ain't trackin' VapeMail today...

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Overall, I've had far less hassles with USPS that I have any right to expect. I do get the odd dreaded "come pick up your package at the post office" type of orange card, but at my local office, the workers are nice. Usually, given that where we live is fairly rural our USPS van drives right up into our yard in front of the house to make delivery of a package, rather than honking at the driveway for 10 seconds, then driving away.... Of course, the pace of life around here is slower than Baltimore. This can be great or awful depending on the speed at which *I* am running.

Fedex has been a bugbear for me from time to time. Luck of the draw?

Anna

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
Well I had a new rta due yesterday that did not arrive. Vendor did not provide me tracking info so I was still going to wait a couple more days. The vendor emailed me last night to say the post office informed him the package was lost and that he was out of the color I wanted. I just cancelled the order and ordered from somewhere else. It may be the Eclipse, it may be USPS, or could be the Vendor, but I got my refund and tank is on the way :D

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
Overall, I've had far less hassles with USPS that I have any right to expect. I do get the odd dreaded "come pick up your package at the post office" type of orange card, but at my local office, the workers are nice. Usually, given that where we live is fairly rural our USPS van drives right up into our yard in front of the house to make delivery of a package, rather than honking at the driveway for 10 seconds, then driving away.... Of course, the pace of life around here is slower than Baltimore. This can be great or awful depending on the speed at which *I* am running.

Fedex has been a bugbear for me from time to time. Luck of the draw?

Anna
My USPS is pretty good where I live now, but my brothers is terrible and out of the same post office. When I was staying at my brothers house while building my new house I ordered a book as a gift for someone. Postal person pulled up at the end of the drive and just threw the package out on the ground and left. It was raining that day so the package got soaked before I was able to retrieve it. Luckily the book was only slightly damp

Reactions: stols001

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
Interesting the timing of an e-mail I just received from one of the vendors I use, even though I have no current orders. Something about due to a USPS system error causing shipping charges incorrectly calculating and tracking numbers not being given. Said it has now been corrected and tracking numbers should be available soon. May be some bugs got into the USPS system?

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I was surprised to get vape mail early this morning on my way out, our postman arrives later in the day. I figured since schools were out some places, maybe they were making it an Extra Special Federal Holiday.... I mean....

Nothing supremely exciting but coils, though I do have some temp control coils now that will fit in my Kabuki only the one that came preinstalled refuses to die and I even shoved some coco in there yesterday.... Since that's kind of a positive, I can stay patient. :)

Anna

Goose Girl

Aug 12, 2017
Florida
Interesting the timing of an e-mail I just received from one of the vendors I use, even though I have no current orders. Something about due to a USPS system error causing shipping charges incorrectly calculating and tracking numbers not being given. Said it has now been corrected and tracking numbers should be available soon. May be some bugs got into the USPS system?

You must really live in the boonies OlderNDirt. There aren't many places that don't even have USPS.

I think their bug has affected the entire system. My priority package was supposed to arrive yesterday, until they had the system problem, and now it doesn't even have a delivery date. I am concerned as I went on a buying spree last week. Thank goodness it was only e-juice, and not something living.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
I have found that tracking information and how the actual shipment is moving can be two totally different things. I have had things say they were delivered but came an hour later and had things delivered that still said it was in another state. Even have gotten things that tracking site did not update for days.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Yeah, USPS tracking isn't the best thing ever. I mainly try to use it with international shipments and not worry.

Goosegirl, you send living things through the mail? Seeds? Grandkids? I'm intrigued. :) I see my son later, and sure, he's a heavyweight, but maybe it would be cheapest to dispatch him elsewhere for a little vacation via the postal service instead of airplane?

Anna

Reactions: gofishtx

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Interesting the timing of an e-mail I just received from one of the vendors I use, even though I have no current orders. Something about due to a USPS system error causing shipping charges incorrectly calculating and tracking numbers not being given. Said it has now been corrected and tracking numbers should be available soon.

I got the exact same email earlier today. So, sounds like some USPS employee was just goofing around by posting that "Because of the Solar Eclipse, ya'll" message. At least someone at the USPS has a sense of humor!
:thumbs:

Reactions: OlderNDirt

Goose Girl

Aug 12, 2017
Florida
Yeah, USPS tracking isn't the best thing ever. I mainly try to use it with international shipments and not worry.

Goosegirl, you send living things through the mail? Seeds? Grandkids? I'm intrigued. :) I see my son later, and sure, he's a heavyweight, but maybe it would be cheapest to dispatch him elsewhere for a little vacation via the postal service instead of airplane?

Anna

LOL, If he wants to go to Disney World, I have a Florida address. :)

Believe it or not, people who raise poultry frequently send birds through the mail. The hatcheries send huge boxes of chicks, and breeders send older birds to other breeders to improve their line. I have friends who raise snakes and lizards who also receive new critters in the mail. I wonder what happens when one of those boxes accidentally get opened. :)

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
There is a bad moon on the rise, or something.

I had a package arrive at the regional center in Dallas yesterday morning at 6:03 a.m. Normally, it would have arrived at my neighborhood post office around 8 a.m. and been delivered the same day. It had an expected delivery date of 8/21, but no package was delivered. Tracking became available again today, but there are no updates, it's still stuck at the regional p.o. according to tracking. I'm not sure where that sucker is now, but I'm hoping the USPS will get this figured out soon and bring me my package.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
My package finally updated, and it is in Memphis. It was sent priority from Dallas last Thurs, so they must have held packages until they got the system fixed.
That sounds like a possibility.I had 2 packages that once the tracking started working again,both said they were delivered that day,but i didn't get them until yesterday.

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I have friends who raise snakes and lizards who also receive new critters in the mail. I wonder what happens when one of those boxes accidentally get opened. :)

I'm feeling sorry for USPS now.... If I opened a package to check it and found an exotic lizard or snake inside, I would Just. Die. I mean, not die like opening an anthrax package, but of fright and being startled. Do you "declare" it on the "explanation of package" I wonder, and I'm also wondering if the get shipped ground, or what?

Sorry to be OT, Goosegirl, I find your profession fascinating, and I can tell you are excellent at it from your first posts in this forum.... You are super organized when it comes to vaping, and it's so great you're here :)

Anna

Reactions: Goose Girl
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread