Aclu

Discussion in 'Organizations with the Ability to Listen' started by Uma, Oct 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Uma

Uma Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

The ACLU hasn't been interested in vaping rights in the past, that I know of, but now that the eCigs are being attacked for perception instead of for science, might they finally turn an eye our way? I think it's worth asking. I know Denver's ACLU have become active in fighting "perception laws" that are unconstitutional.

Anybody got the brains and guts both to give them a try? Berkely is in dire need of common sense intervening.

2. Tvan

Tvan Super Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I like the idea!

3. TS12000

TS12000 Accessories Supplier ECF Veteran

Wouldn't p on the ACLU if it was on fire

4. Tvan

Supporting member
    Why would that be? Just trying to understand, not argue. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I've always though them to have political clout and not very fun being on the receiving end once they set their sights on something.

5. retired1

retired1 Curmudgeon Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    If you could point out the specific constitutional right that's being infringed upon, I'm sure the ACLU would be most happy to intervene.

6. Tvan

Supporting member
    I wouldn't suggest spewing anything like I have a right to vape or anything of that nature. It would be more along the terms of being catagorised with really nothing substantiating driving it.

May as well address the elephant in the room. I would not be qualified to be the one to reach out to them. Some are still less than thrilled with me from my last excursion.

I would like to see kristin weigh in on the ACLU idea.

7. TS12000

TS12000 Accessories Supplier ECF Veteran

I probably shouldn't have been so strong about it but they give me a chill. For the good they do I give them praise but their stance on issues like the second amendment have soured me. That and their leech like behavior, they seem to cling to anything that will give them some air time

8. Uma

Uma Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

I hope there's a way. Looking at the Denver ACLU site, they are fighting a ban against any smell or sight of a wispy herbal nature. It's not the same wisp, but, it's often linked together according to the ANTZ of late.
    Towns left and right are banning because eCigs "look" like cigarettes...

9. Luisa

Luisa Super Member ECF Veteran

Give it a try. It wouldn"t hurt. If someone had a friend who happens to be a lawyer for the ACLU,talk to that friend.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.