ACTv3 (Arry Carto Tank) is coming to Stormy's Vapor Cellar!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

IndustrialAction

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2010
Northern VA
Agreed. Fill the carto as you normally would for the first fill after you've punched it and screwed it in (one punch is all you need) then fill the tank and just refill the tank only as needed.

The white carto cap helps seal it 100%. You can leave it off but it is better to have it. I haven't had any tight draw issues on my PV. Try unscrewing it a little to improve air flow.

chadster214

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2011
Left Coast!
I've heard from many tank users that 1 hole is sufficient. My last tank had only one and it was wicking just fine.
Arry's directions included in the bag say to fill the carto as usual prior to putting it into the tank. I only do this the first time with a new cart. After that, I only fill the tank and have never had an issue.

I did all the steps. from priming to filling. I actually punched 2 holes in the cartomizer. the problem is the bottom end caps are flushed with the 510 extender. and some mods have higher juice wells (Provari and Lavatube in my case) than other. so when you screw the tank tight it will have no gap for air flow. so what i did is took a used cartomizer screw it in to the bottom cap. placed it in a socket wrench bit and slightly tap the cartomizer down to push the 510 extender down 1mm to create a space between the juice well and bottom end cap.

Last edited:

horton

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2010
Left Side of Florida
Thanks for the info, Vapian. I'm heading to Home Depot shortly, so I'll see if I can find a small container of Goo Gone when I pick up the saddle valve. I know it is super caustic, so I will use extra care when trying to get the adhesive off. Think I'll wear some gloves as well just for good measure. The olive oil is also an interesting idea. I am amazed at the close tolerances on this tank. I could not get the carto with the black tape to even start to thread into the bottom cap. Without the tape, it went in with no problems. The tape is not that thick. Amazing.
I can't wait to get everything gathered together so I can try out the tank. I'll report my experience soon as I can.
Sure wish I'd bought the stainless cartos now.....lol

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good day...... horton -- out

Brutus Buckeye

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2010
Body in Knoxville, TN
www.facebook.com
Well I got my adapter, filled up my tank and it is flawless. Easy to fill and easy to use, wish more vaping stuff could be like this! Tons of vapor and flavor as well.
IMG_20111227_191958.jpg

horton

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2010
Left Side of Florida
That is one nice looking set up, Brutus. Aren't the new tanks great? I'm loving mine. I've never used a device that was so easy to work with. It's literally foolproof and that is right up my alley....lol. You are so right ---- more vaping stuff should be like this. I think many more people would be much less frustrated if everything worked this well.
Hate to ask a dumb question, but what kind of PV is that in your hand? I can't quite get a handle on it. It sure looks nice though. horton -- out

PS --- Displaced Buckeye stuck in FL (yuk) -- Go Bucks!!!!

horton

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2010
Left Side of Florida
That is one slick device, Brutus. It really does go great with the Arry tank. Looks like they were made for each other.
I just checked out the GLV site and you must have to move fast to get one..... most of the models were out of stock. When you get tired of it, just send it a little farther south.....lol.
Isn't is awful not being able to find the Bucks on the southern channels? I hardly ever find a ball game -- it's all about the SEC down here......Gators this, Gators that (meant offense to any Southerners ..... being a Buckeye, well, it's hard to explain)
Glad you are happy with your set up and enjoy it!!! You either have huge hands, or that is one perfect stealth PV.
horton -- out

horton

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2010
Left Side of Florida
I can see why they go fast after looking a little more closely at the devices. They are very well made and you can see that great care goes into each one. Reminds me in a way of my ProVari..... another company that really takes pride in their products. They just don't have the variety of GLV. That PV sure will be a stealth machine with your hands being of average size. All you will see is the top of the drip tip.
No Big Ten channel on my cable here. Used to have it when I had Dish, but deep sixed them. Bummer....lol. I have to settle for reruns I find every now and then. Both my wife and I want to move back up north, so maybe one of these days I'll be able to watch them again.
On a final note, a sad / funny story (at least to a Buck's fan) -- I used to live in Toledo. Talk about "monkey in the middle" on a Sat. afternoon. Had a U of M fan on one side of me and a Bucks fan on the other. I was afraid to go outside....lol. (I was rooting for Ohio U then -- that was a lost cause but it was my old school.) They both had their flags and banners up every Sat. It was a real show....lol.
Congrats again on that fine setup you have..... horton -- out

Last edited:

CloudBurst

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2009
Georgia, USA
I'm waiting on a reply from Arry as to more of the tanks. He said he's testing v4! No word on whats different or improved but that's all he said. I'm waiting patiently. I'll keep everyone posted when I hear back from him.

Don't forget to post a quick review on the website if you like the ACTv3. Thanks

Last edited:

horton

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2010
Left Side of Florida
I'm really curious to know what changes he has made or has in mind. Far as I'm concerned, it's perfect in it's current incarnation. Arry is a bright fellow and doesn't seem to enjoy sitting around doing nothing. I can picture him in my mind looking at the device (v3) wondering how he can make it even better than it currently is. Maybe he'll come out with a self filling option??? lol
Sure hope he let's you know soon, Cloudburst. The waiting would drive me nuts.....lol. horton -- out

Last edited:

Keefer2112

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2011
DALLAS
Have the ARRY v3 and the punch from The Impeccable Stormy :)

I LOVE IT! I have several tanks (that I thought I loved, but this one blows em away!). The only thing I'd change would be to make it bigger! Ie, 5 ml or so, but with the easy refilling, that notion is virtually mute.

The punch works flawless. Best thing ever next to the tank! I wish it was universal/adjustable for punching holes in my other tanks' cartos...that would be nirvana! (or mayhaps I should sell my other high dinero tanks).lol

Stormy. HUGE THANKS! God Bless ya! And please send an email when new Arry info comes out :). I don't get to ECF as much as I'd like.

Keith

CloudBurst

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2009
Georgia, USA
I'd be happy to email all who wants to be notified but honestly, the best way is to create a profile on the website and subscribe to the Newsletter. I will send it out the minute I hear from Arry and put a presale on the website. I have the Newsletter ready to go just missing the most important information from Arry. LOL
I hope he has alot! These are the best tanks available to date (IMO) and I think he's having a hard time keeping up with the demand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread