ACTv3 (Arry Carto Tank) is coming to Stormy's Vapor Cellar!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nic-holio

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2012
North Carolina
Silly as it sounds, I would like to see some ACTs made with cool plastics like the LavaTanks use...

Thanks,
Lee

Agreed - one with a tank with some blue tint would look pretty nice on a Provari blue LED. :) I wonder if anybody sells colored adhesive transparent film.

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
I probably overlooked this question, so pardon me if I'm being redundant...... Will he continue to offer the V3 tanks as well? I really like the plastic against plastic threads.
If he is going to offer different color tanks, I'd like to request a sky blue pink one please.......
horton -- out

Horton here is part what he said to me via a PM on another forum a week back.
Actv3 sold out and finished
ACTv4 awaiting cnc machines

horton

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2010
Left Side of Florida
Thanks Dieseler...... That does not sound good for the V3. What concerns me is having metal threads against plastic threads. I can't think of any examples right now, but I do remember damaging threads inadvertently when I started to screw a female threaded metal part onto a male threaded plastic part. If the parts are slightly cross threaded and you don't happen to notice, you could have trouble.
Stormy ---- I'm not trying to rain on the parade here...... I'm concerned about the new set up Arry is presenting. I hope this post does not upset you......

badkarmaiii

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2011
Albuquerque, NM
Sad to hear about the demise of the v3. Hopefully, the v4 will be offered in plastic also. The light weight and option of colors is very attractive to me.

I have two v3s and was running one with a punched CE2 and the other with a punched Boge. The Boge got clogged and I used a toothpick to unclog it, as I've done before.
This time, I killed it and don't have any more SR Boges so I put a CE2 in the saddle valve and punched it. As soon an it was reassembled the vaping is awesome!

Hopefully, these ACTv3s will last a good, long time because they are the best tanks I've ever used or seen.

Thanks,
Lee

Nic-holio

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2012
North Carolina
Cloudburst do you know if you'll be getting any of the carto punches with the next shipment of ACT's? Would much rather buy one of these than mess around with a saddle valve with a brass punch, a dremel tool with a cutoff wheel, trying to clamp a carto into a vise without messing it up, etc.

I'm already signed up on the SVC newsletter, just waiting to see that pre-orders are being accepted for next ACT's. Will it be the same way with the carto punches? (announcement in newsletter, pre-order when you have word from Arry some are coming and how many, first-come / first-served on pre-orders)?

Thanks!
24junkie

PS: I have concerns about using a dremel with a cutoff wheel leaving stainless steel dust inside the carto. While it seems pretty unlikely that any of that dust would be able to make its way into my lungs since it would be in the fiberfill at lower levels of the carto, I can be completely certain of how much will get in there if I don't use a cutoff wheel to notch my cartos. :)

chadster214

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2011
Left Coast!
here's my ACTV3 with CE2. I followed Cloudburst instructions.
2012-01-21 16.29.21.jpg

Nic-holio

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2012
North Carolina
I have requested the punches. I think they are made of delrin now but the folks who grabbed the last few love them! I hope to hear from Arry soon.

Thanks CloudBurst - I found another option for a carto punch searching around that I can fall back to as a backup option if I miss getting one of Arry's. But it's a lot more expensive. Adjustable/lockable punch location which would be great if you need to punch for different tank systems, and it looks to be very well made, but $40+.

Sometimes I really wish I'd invested in a CNC setup. :)

I really doubt I'm going to need or want a different tank once I get one of Arry's, I just can't see how I would not like it or have trouble with it. So one of Arry's punches should do the trick.

Thanks again,
24junkie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread