• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Adapters are your friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

pianoguy

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2009
Apple Valley, MN
Everyone starts out wondering which e-cigarette to buy, and often after a short time there is some aspect of their model that they are not completely satisfied with, or they become curious about another model. Rather than purchasing another entire kit, try an adapter. For example, if you have a 510, you can purchase a 510-to-KR808D-1 adapter which will allow you to use KR8 cartomizers. This same adapter will also allow you to try a 901 atomizer. Conversely, if you have a KR8 manual battery or pass-thru, you can use 901 atomizers directly on your battery, and can purchase an adapter that will allow you to use a 501 atomizer. Granted, an adapter may take away from the aesthetics of your e-cig, but they are a very economical way to make your equipment much more versatile.

Last edited:

just-cass

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2009
ireland
pinkvaper.com
great point pianoguy...i wish id known this from the beginning...only NOW am i beginning to get adaptors...im hoping they will come in handy too if i dont have a charged battery for the atty i wanna use and can use a different one...

I wanted to try cartomizers for so long but had 2 kits and couldnt justify getting another kit so soon so the adaptor in the post will make this possible : o)

ps. they are really handy to have if you are getting a mod...eg. the protege i have came as an "801 model" protege but i dont have any of these atomisers so im simply getting adaptors for the models i want to use...

GoodDog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2009
SF East Bay
Thank you pianoguy. I have a 510 and want to try different attys and carts. I'm not sure if there is something that I would like better so this is an inexpensive way to try them.

It's been very confusing and I'm still not completely sure if I know what to buy... and where. Am I correct that to try a KR808D and a 901 all I need is one adapter (510-to-KR808D), KR808D carts and 901 carts and that's all?? So I can use my mega battery, PCC and PT from my 510?

just-cass

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2009
ireland
pinkvaper.com
hi gooddog...pianoguy can help with adaptors for different models(i just got em all just in case!)but dont forget the 901 attys to go with 901 carts : o)

edit:in the US madvapes have cheap adaptors...they have a 510 -901/kr808d adaptor thats $2.49...ive never bought from them just trying to be helpful : o)

Last edited:

just-cass

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2009
ireland
pinkvaper.com
just edited last post...i checked out the site i know sells them yes that adaptor will work for both 901 and kr808d heres a link:

MadVapes LLC

im sure others sell them...this is just the one i know of.(im in ireland and dont order from US so i dont have full knowledge of wher eto get things...)

OOPS i answered the wrong question...the kr808 is a 2 piece ecig with a built in atomiser(mouthpiece and atomiser is just one piece) and it doesnt fit a 901 battery without an adaptor...(air hole placement is supposedly the problem here!)the 901 is a 3 piece with seperate atomiser and mouthpiece.

Last edited:

GoodDog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2009
SF East Bay
I guess I'm being really dense, but I'm still confused.

What I need is a list of exactly what to buy in order to try a few different PVs using my existing 510 stuff except for the atty and cart. Geez, not asking for much, huh? :rolleyes:

The main problem I have with the 510 are the attys and carts. I like everything else about it.

just-cass

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2009
ireland
pinkvaper.com
Hi Gooddog

I will give it a shot, for your 510 battery/pcc/PT you will need:

Adaptor: 510-kr808(will work for 901 too)(a 510-901 supposedly will work on SOME cartomizers but its not a given so check that the adaptor supports both)

Cartomizers(these are the mouthpiece and atomizer for the kr808)

901 Atomiser

901 Mouthpiece(Cartridges)

This is all you need for the kr808 model except for juice but if you want to try other models you will need the relvant adaptor and atomiser and mouthpiece.

hope this helps...dont hesitate if you have any more questions

Last edited:

GoodDog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2009
SF East Bay
GoodProphets is having a sale on adapters tonight so I bought everything I needed there. Rob is such a nice guy and was very helpful.

So, now I can try a 901, 801 and 808 using my 510 mega batts and PT. At least I can see which I like the best without having to buy all new PVs. Thanks pianoguy and cass!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread