Adding random ingredients into your E-Liquid

Status
Not open for further replies.

TarmoV

Feb 12, 2016
Greetings, Vapers!

I'm new here - and since I couldn't find any decent answers by Googling, I decided to
head over to this forum. What my question is - Are there any "home ingredients" that
you can add to your pure nicotine liquid?

Usually you have to buy specific tastes and sweeteners to make your "base nicotine liquid"
taste good. Otherwise it's just "smell-less & tasteless".
I have a huge bottle of pure nicotine liquid, 27mg. Yeah, I like my liquids strong.

It's pretty stupid of me to ask anyways, but MAYBE someone here knows of such ingredients.
I know that you can add simple syrup that you use to make water-juice, but that's going to
mess up the atomizer in like 10 minutes. I hope I made my question clear & that I don't
sound like a complete idiot. :)

Thank you in advance,
T.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Greetings, Vapers!

I'm new here - and since I couldn't find any decent answers by Googling, I decided to
head over to this forum. What my question is - Are there any "home ingredients" that
you can add to your pure nicotine liquid?

Usually you have to buy specific tastes and sweeteners to make your "base nicotine liquid"
taste good. Otherwise it's just "smell-less & tasteless".
I have a huge bottle of pure nicotine liquid, 27mg. Yeah, I like my liquids strong.

It's pretty stupid of me to ask anyways, but MAYBE someone here knows of such ingredients.
I know that you can add simple syrup that you use to make water-juice, but that's going to
mess up the atomizer in like 10 minutes. I hope I made my question clear & that I don't
sound like a complete idiot. :)

Thank you in advance,
T.
This usually falls under "ill advised." Organic compounds will possibly burn. Some people extract flavors into pg or vg or alcohol, you may want to check out the DIY forums. Why wouldn't you just purchase flavorings to use?

TarmoV

Feb 12, 2016
This usually falls under "ill advised." Organic compounds will possibly burn. Some people extract flavors into pg or vg or alcohol, you may want to check out the DIY forums. Why wouldn't you just purchase flavorings to use?
Thank you for your fast answer!
Well, Yes, I agree that it's "ill advised". About the fact that "Why wouldn't you just purchase" - In Estonia, it's pretty damn expensive to buy e-liquids from certified salemen. And I've had bad experience with ordering from out of the country. Two times didn't recieve my product after waiting for months, one time got the wrong liquids. :)

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Well, Yes, I agree that it's "ill advised". About the fact that "Why wouldn't you just purchase" - In Estonia, it's pretty damn expensive to buy e-liquids from certified salemen. And I've had bad experience with ordering from out of the country. Two times didn't recieve my product after waiting for months, one time got the wrong liquids. :)
That makes a little more sense, didn't realize you weren't in the US. The flavoring we use are the same that the food industry uses, just stay away from oil based flavorings. I know there are some flavorings that are available in grocery stores here, they just might not be the best.

Steamix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Vapistan
Better it messes up your atty before it messes up your lungs.
Syrup, to stick with your example uses, the same flavouring components - with a more than generous helping of sugar added. There's also flavourings suspended in vegetable oil, primarily for baking/cooking. And yes, there is a very few flavours based on PG. Which might become interesting in case of vapegeddon or if you in a locale where supplies are hard to come by due to bans, overtight regs, whatever ( which is usually the reason for asking that ;) ).
Not all sweeteners are created equal.
Syrups, oil based , naw....better not.

No way around reading the small print on the labels with utmost care...

Reactions: Lessifer

TarmoV

Feb 12, 2016
Yeah, there is suppliers in Estonia - prices aren't too hot, but pretty much along the average.
No idea 'bout their quality, though. Being in the EU ... who did you order from ? And postal service any reliable ?
I mean, paying 7€'s + post around 2-3€'s for a 10ml e-juice bottle is quite alot. That's 10€ for just a 10ml bottle. And you can't get good quality "standalone" nicotine and tastes in Estonia. You still have to order them from somewhere else.

TarmoV

Feb 12, 2016
Checked any of the EU suppliers for DIY ?
Yeah, but they take a looong time to deliver. Even from Latvia which is right next to us lol. I checked ebay, it's gonna take upto a month to deliver, but you can basically get 10ml for 1$ in a bundle. I could get like 20 liquids for 15$. I'm not sure how good quality the "ebay liquids" are tho, considering they are being imported from China.

Steamix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Vapistan
Might not be the suppliers. Could be lousy delivery/postal service as well.
With the outfits I usually order from, I always get an (automated) mail when the shipment leaves their place.
Rest is then up to the providers of whichever mode of shipping you picked. Within the EU, longest it took was 8 days, fastest was two days..

But tea, coffee, tobacco, basically anything without too much oils or volatiles is worth a try at extracting.
It's not for the impatient though :)

Reactions: TarmoV

Joseph Smith

Feb 12, 2016

Why don't you try RTS Vapes? I can't post the link but google it and it is first result I think. I order all my supplies there and they are very inexpensive. I got a gallon of pure VG juice for $21 and PG is same price. You can get cheap small sample flavor bottles until you find what you like then order larger bottles. They have the best prices I have come across. The only drawback is shipping cost for the bulk PG and VG liquid but you will get that everywhere. They have syringes with long tips for measuring liquids and glassware if you want. I was very surprised at the low costs and received my order within a week.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
The OP is located in Estonia, not the US.

They ship internationally

From there site:

FREE SHIPPING!
on USA orders of $75 or more

Simply look for the
Icon_FreeShipping_Small.gif
logo to enjoy free shipping on selected items throughout the store. If the items in your order which qualify for 'Free Shipping' total USA $75 or more your order ships FREE within the USA only!

Outside the US? We offer International shipping to most countries. At checkout select the appropriate country from the drop down list where prompted. If you do not see your country listed please accept our apologies as we are currently unable to ship to your location at this time. Standard shipping rates apply for International orders.

Note: Certain Items do not qualify for Free Shipping. These items include Gallons, Wholesale Orders and some Glassware.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread