adding volt meter to cherry bomber

Status
Not open for further replies.

zukewytch00

Feb 13, 2015
Newark NY
Hey guys. I wanted to post up here to see if anyone has done similar with their dual box mechs and what results you got.

As a little background I've been using mechs for a bit now and am a firm believer of the simplicity. I've burned out 2 regulated divecies after a few months of putting them through their pase's. Granted they where clones and probably not the best built chips im not a knocker just not for me anymore. So here I am been all mech for about 5 months now. Was fortunate enough to be given 2 authentic nemys from a friend and picked up a smpl as well. Couldn't put the simple down,until my cherry bomber showed up that is ;).

So enough rant, anyway I've gotten very used to feeling when my battery drop off happened in my single battery mods. After using this for a few days I'm a little unclear of when that is with dual batteries. Its a little process of switching batteries on the go in the bomber. Rather then ripping it apart to take a ddm to the batteries, on board ease would be great.Hence I'm looking for a simple way to check on the go especially if heading out for a bit and seeing if I should carry batteries with me.

So questions are... On a parallel set up if I wire my volt meter to the bridge between both batteries, I should get an accurate voltage reading of what overall voltage is left from both firing batteries?
I started with new batteries on this box that will always be charged in pairs on the same charger and only used in this box. I assume I will get a pretty accurate voltage number if I keep the batteries cycling from mod to charger in this order.

Can anyone confirm if my ideas of how this works while trying to moniter 2 batteries in parallel? Or share your set ups of how you've added volt meters in your parallel boxes.

Thanks for any help in advance guys. Happy vaping

sando7

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2014
Louisville, KY (PRP)
after making sure your married batts hold the same voltage with your DMM, sometimes one might drain a bit faster & that's why alternating in the sled is suggested....but most of the time after awhile of use you'll find they hold pretty much the same.......so when i'm out and about i just carry one of these.
Inline Volt Meter - Clear | Lightning Vapes

Last edited:

zukewytch00

Feb 13, 2015
Newark NY
Thanks sando, I have considered that as an option. I'd prefer to see what I can do with wiring the meter in though as that's just one less thing to carry.

You've got me curious though rather then pulling my reading from the bridge.I think the 510 may be a better spot as it will have less chance of showing only 1 batteries voltage. It also kind of dawned on me that if I keep check on batts every week or so to ensure they are discharging and charging the same then the meter could be wired anywhere and give me a pretty good idea where both are.

I'm going to give it a shot. I'll post pics when done if any other cherry bombers are interested to see. Should look pretty OEM the way I plan on adding and will be a nice feature.

Still open to see pics of others parallel meter setups or tips if you guys want to. Again thanks for the tip Sando

DaveSignal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2014
Maryland
If you wire the voltmeter to the positive and negative contact bridges, your vm will remain on all the time as long as there are batteries in the mod.

If you wire the positive to the 510, you will only see it when firing, but you will only be able to see the battery level with full voltage drop while under load. (unless you remove the atomizer before checking the voltage)

If you wire the positive to one of the switched contacts on the fire switch (the one that isn't directly connected to battery positive), then you will see the voltage when firing, but with some voltage drop. (unless atomizer is removed)

Or you could wire a slide switch to the voltmeter positive and then to battery positive. Then you could see the actual battery level without load when you felt like it.

Reactions: zukewytch00
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread