additives for a throat hit boost.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

parapo

ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Greece
i tried some vinegar and lemon juice in a 1ml sample...which i read about in other threads,and are also ingredients in e-juice, but no dice.....

the lemon actually removes a small amount of hit i got from my sample (commercial coffee zero) and the vinegar did smooth out the taste somehow....if that makes any sense to you.

i put 1% of each and tried it before adding the next.

i could also try citric acid from work,but that is just pure lemon juice in powder.

.......too bad i thought it would do something. :mad:

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
Acidity isn't the way to get a hit apparently, the mix needs to be alkaline. I've heard other people say that acidic additives reduce harshness.

Clipboard02.jpg

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...equests/3204-ph-values-harshness-eliquid.html

RjG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2008
Edmonton AB Canada

parapo

ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Greece
I googled this : Body Alkalizer Liquid, Alkaline Booster - 1 fl. oz.

which is interesting. Sodium hydroxide? That's LYE, or drain cleaner!

Wikipedia surprised me though, apparently is it also used to thicken ice cream, and chinese noodles, and a bunch of other foods. So I guess a little won't kill you ? Sodium hydroxide - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

we have it in liquid and powder(s). nasty stuff causes chemical burns.
could be too concentrated, but still leaves a white residue when the liquid is dryed out.
not very atomizer friendly i guess.

Terraphon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2009
Phoenix, AZ, USA
I wouldn't go with sodium bicarb. Try Sodium Carbonate, instead...That will raise pH fairly effectively.

Be careful, though. Very basic chemicals are just as dangerous as very acidic ones.

EDIT : also, be careful of chemical reactions. All sorts of chems can react violently when exposed to certain other chemicals...including water if in the right amounts.

Last edited:

Jimi Modo

Moved On
Feb 8, 2009
Western Samoa
ph levels in swimming pools are also lowered or highered (can't remember which)
with hydrochloric acid.
the same stuff is also used to clean metals from rust (almost instantly)

sounds scary but it is also produced in our gastric system!
maybe that is something to consider.

The gastric lining will withstand some extremely potent acids,
your lungs will not. I can't believe some of the stuff people on here even contemplate using!8-o
Jimi.

New Year quitter

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
my test kinda proofs what you are writing....

i'm working in a chemical company..... do you have some alkalines to suggest?

• sodium hydroxide (often called "caustic soda")
  • potassium hydroxide (commonly called "caustic potash")
  • lye (generic term, for either of the previous two, or even for a mixture)
  • calcium carbonate (sometimes called "free lime")
  • magnesium hydroxide is an example of an atypical alkali since it has low solubility in water (although the dissolved portion is considered a strong base due to complete dissociation of its ions).
Oh and you could always try ammonia (pee pee):oops:

Just a thought, smoking calcium carbonate would be kinds like smking crack - ie rocks. You can get calcium carbonate from eggshells.

Last edited:

parapo

ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Greece
If you guys ever buy a Zero Nicotine Ryan Jazz disposable--there is no way you would attibute a throat hit to nicotine--that think literally punches you in the throat for even the hard core nicotine users --and it has zero nicotine in it. IMO nicotine is not the key to a throat hit--Sun

exactly my point ,although i found that out vaping same flavors with different, then zero nic content.

that is why i opened this thread originally.

there must be a (safe) ingredient out there which will do the job....(the hit).....in our diy liquid....

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
exactly my point ,although i found that out vaping same flavors with different, then zero nic content.
that is why i opened this thread originally.
there must be a (safe) ingredient out there which will do the job....(the hit).....in our diy liquid....
Parapo--I have been boosting the acidic level up with white vinegar--I get some good results with some flavors and nothing with others when I add the vinegar. Also bumping it up with lemon juice--again works with some and not at all with others.. I think it goes to the PH level but some the the Lorann flavors will not respond. The weaker flavors seem to do better--I had very good results with the Apple and no results with the English Toffee--still working on it--Sun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread