ADHD medication muting the flavor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scantenello

Mar 22, 2015
Los Angeles
My hypothesis is that my medication (Adderall) is muting my tastebuds due to getting a drymouth from it. For a week I went without my medication and every time I vaped, I could taste the full flavor of the juice. It could be because I haven't used that juice in a while. I was wondering if anyone with ADHD has experienced flavor muting due to the medication?

Scantenello

Mar 22, 2015
Los Angeles
I take a different one and it does dehydrate me so I drank a lot of water even before I started vaping. Do you rotate your flavors? Vaping one will cause you to have more frequent vaper's tongue.
Ohh I see. So while it's in your system and you have a dry mouth, you can still taste the full flavor of a different type juice? I noticed even though I tried to drink a plenty amount of water my mouth would still be dry, and trying a different flavor would still be muted.

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
Huh? What I was saying, apparently not very well, is if you vape one flavor all the time it becomes muted, dry mouth or not. I do understand that you are saying is that with the med, you get less flavor. I can't always take the one I'm on and haven't noticed a correlation between lack of taste and and being on the med. Just trying to see if their might be a work around for your situation that you hadn't thought of. No offense intended.

Scantenello

Mar 22, 2015
Los Angeles
Huh? What I was saying, apparently not very well, is if you vape one flavor all the time it becomes muted, dry mouth or not. I do understand that you are saying is that with the med, you get less flavor. I can't always take the one I'm on and haven't noticed a correlation between lack of taste and and being on the med. Just trying to see if their might be a work around for your situation that you hadn't thought of. No offense intended.
None taken, but thank you for your input, i'll continue to experiment.

Reactions: FlamingoTutu
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread