Ads on chrome

Status
Not open for further replies.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Had to stop using FF on my Android tablet because of keyboard issues. Been using Chrome and it's been fine but now I get Ads on the side. I did happen to mess with the Google Ads settings prior, so could I have caused this?
    Doesn't seem to be any ad-blockers for Chrome, and didn't see any opt out settings on ECF.

Now I know why ECF has that huge area off to the right which has been blank up to now. :)

TY

Katya

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    The Opt Out setting would be to be a Subscribing Member.

There's also this: uBlock

I'm a supporting member and I get those ads on the right side of the page also. Where and how can I block them? W7 and Google Chrome.

Right now I see a big ad for Zamplebox and njoy prefilled tanks.

Katya

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    I get ads too.... Have always gotten them since the switch. At the top of threads and the right side.

Kinda used to seeing them so I just ignore ;)

Curiouser and curiouser... I don't get any ads on the top of threads/pages (when I'm signed on, which is always :)), but I do get two big ones on the right side of every page--directly under Forum Statistics and Share this Page boxes. Today's selection--Halo and Njoy.

Last edited:

Robino1

Resting in Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 7, 2012
    Treasure Coast, Florida
    OoooooH Robin's back! :):)
    Not completely back yet. Just peeking in here and there when I have a free moment. My stepmom passed and I am executrix and everything. A lot of work going on getting things done. I am peeking in here though ;) Gotta check on my friends :wub:

Reactions: r77r7r

retired1

Administrator
    Admin
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 5, 2013
    Texas
    Curiouser and curiouser... I don't get any ads on the top of threads/pages (when I'm signed on, which is always :)), but I do get two big ones on the right side of every page--directly under Forum Statistics and Share this Page boxes. Today's selection--Halo and Njoy.

This should be fixed now. :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread