Advice about Vape Pen 22 please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarleneBean

Feb 11, 2017
Hi I'm a former smoker who decided after a series of tragic events, caused me to go back to vaping versus picking up a cigarette....
In December, I bought an Joyetech Ego AIO with 0mg juice to see if I'd enjoy vaping. I liked it but at the time wasn't really willing to continue it without the full smoking cessation a cigarette would give me. I stopped, but after losing a friend and relative 3 weeks apart recently, decided to pick it up with 3mg juice, discovering I love sub ohming. The Ego just isn't doing it...so I recently ordered a SMOK Vape Pen 22.
I'm sorry this is long, but what should I expect with my new pen? I'm personally looking for more hit and flavor. Thank you if you have any advice!

Reactions: Eskie

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
If you like the simplicity of the AIO check out the Tesla 4

Tesla Three 150W Box Mod

I really don't use Regulated Mod's much but picked this one up for a kick around and when I want to go out and not worry about putting my batteries in wrong when I'm drinking ;)

It's actually a pretty decent mod and I use it more than I thought I would.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I'm sure you'll find the SMOK a great step up. For me, these products are a little 'in between'... the batteries don't last long before needing charging, the reliability on certain 'pen types' has been sketchy and the coils are possibly very expensive. I wouldn't buy something like this because of the price of the coils, but we are unlucky in the UK with certain brands being extremely greedy with the prices. Maybe you get a better deal?
Anyway... I expect the flavor and hit to be excellent.

anajames

Moved On
Feb 15, 2017
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Spam

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hi I'm a former smoker who decided after a series of tragic events, caused me to go back to vaping versus picking up a cigarette....
In December, I bought an Joyetech Ego AIO with 0mg juice to see if I'd enjoy vaping. I liked it but at the time wasn't really willing to continue it without the full smoking cessation a cigarette would give me. I stopped, but after losing a friend and relative 3 weeks apart recently, decided to pick it up with 3mg juice, discovering I love sub ohming. The Ego just isn't doing it...so I recently ordered a SMOK Vape Pen 22.
I'm sorry this is long, but what should I expect with my new pen? I'm personally looking for more hit and flavor. Thank you if you have any advice!
Welcome and glad you joined. I hear you.
Might like to read:
All About Sub-Ohm Vaping - The Perks and the Problems
What is Sub Ohm Vaping? Our Sub Ohm Vaping Guide & Tips
Battery safety
Care and Use of 510, eGo and Variable Voltage Batteries
ECF Sub-Ohm Advisory

MarleneBean

Feb 11, 2017

Thank you so much for these very informative links! I think you just saved my life and my home, as I've been uneducated as I'm new to vaping with habitually chain vaping and overheating my EGO, and charging my battery overnight. From now on, I will be more careful!

SnapDragon NY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2017
Hi and Welcome- Glad that you are trying vaping again! I gave myself a couple of weeks of stepping down cigarettes, then set a date to quit cigarettes! Ecigs and Will Power! You have to really want to quit smoking- set your mind to it! I used gas station ecigs at 18-24 nic! No sub ohm and low nic when I started! I bought those kits instead of a packs of smokes and used them for many months!
Now I have excellent gear and my nic is down to 3mgs!
Over 2 years later I have still not smoked a cigarette! For me vaping and will power slayed my 30+ year cigarette addiction!
Best of Luck to you!

Last edited:

SnapDragon NY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2017
Is it better to vape then smoke, as i have been thinking to switch from smokes but am confused.
Yes, I think vaping is 95% better than smoking cigarettes- 100% safe would be NO vaping and No Cigarettes!
It is up to you to decide- do your research and do what is best for you!
We all know smoking cigarettes is dangerous, to us and those around us! Plus they stink and cost a lot of money, that end up in the trash!
Vaping has helped me quit my 30+ year cigarette addiction- For over 2 years now and I am glad that I gave vaping a chance!

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Hi and Welcome- Glad that you are trying vaping again! I gave myself a couple of weeks of stepping down cigarettes, then set a date to quit cigarettes! Ecigs and Will Power! You have to really want to quit smoking- set your mind to it! I used gas station ecigs at 18-24 nic! No sub ohm and low nic when I started! I bought those kits instead of a packs of smokes and used them for many months!
Now I have excellent gear and my nic is down to 3mgs!
Over 2 years later I have still not smoked a cigarette! For me vaping and will power slayed my 30+ year cigarette addiction!
Best of Luck to you!

I think many of us started out with those cigalikes. I did with Vuse, not to stop smoking, but to be able to travel and not have to take the elevator down to step outside the hotel lobby for a smoke. After a 5 day trip like that I discovered I was fine away from cigarettes. Then found out the reason was Vuse is a 48 mg nic cigalike. Stuck with them for some months before starting to use a "proper" vape set. Now over a year, and can't see ever going back.

Reactions: SnapDragon NY

SnapDragon NY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2017
I think many of us started out with those cigalikes. I did with Vuse, not to stop smoking, but to be able to travel and not have to take the elevator down to step outside the hotel lobby for a smoke. After a 5 day trip like that I discovered I was fine away from cigarettes. Then found out the reason was Vuse is a 48 mg nic cigalike. Stuck with them for some months before starting to use a "proper" vape set. Now over a year, and can't see ever going back.
I used the Mistic Bridge Kit, some cartridges and Haus eliquid- used them for about 3-4 months- then stepped up to the Joyetech eCabs, haha- same Haus liquid at 24mgs!
It wasn't till Dec 2015 that I started to get great mods and sub tanks and high VG and low nic 3mg eliquids and still no cig urges! There wasn't too much out there when I 1st started in 2014- I just knew that I was done with cigarettes- I was gonna make it work, no matter what!

anajames

Moved On
Feb 15, 2017
  • Deleted by classwife

SnapDragon NY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2017
thank you for your reply. Definitely, smoking is deadly and people around. I do want to quit as well.

You can do it- but you have to work at it! While vaping helps it is not a magic wand that instantly stops your cigarette urges at least they weren't for me! You have to want to stop smoking and be strong and stubborn against the temptation!
I just vaped more till the urge went away- stop buying cigarettes, or buy the crappiest brand you can think of, do not reward yourself with your favorite brand! I was a menthol smoker and the last week of quitting I used non menthol cigarettes- just awful! The vape tasted much better!
Best of Luck to you!
Stay Strong and Vape On

Reactions: anajames

anajames

Moved On
Feb 15, 2017
  • Deleted by classwife

kero

Oct 4, 2016
LI, NY
I once owned a vape pen 22 and it sucked major balls!! It leaked like crazy. When hot, when not hot, when filling, etc etc.

It's a flaw in the design and many others have reported the same issue.

When it wasn't leaking the vapor production was good and flavor was good but It drove me crazy. I chucked it to the defunct vapor mod cloud in the sky.

anajames

Moved On
Feb 15, 2017
  • Deleted by classwife

SnapDragon NY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2017
Can you advice whether a vape needs some cleaning or not. Like it has been a month or so i have started using.
I do not go crazy cleaning my tanks except before I first use it, maybe swish with some hot water every few weeks or so before I install a new coil and change flavors. I clean my drip tips every day or so.
Glad that you are vaping- how is the quitting cigarettes going? I know it is hard, but you can do it! The more you vape, the less you will want a cigarette. I could not smoke when I wanted to at work, so I already had the will power to push down my urges! Also there was no smoking in my house and car, but I do vape in both! Right now it is a blizzard and 20 degrees outside- who would want to go out there and smoke a cigarette- NOT me-haha!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread