advice for ex-smoker, e-cig for focus

Status
Not open for further replies.

chinose

Jan 19, 2017
Hi! I need advice on what to buy.
I quit smoking 2 years ago. But I still have trouble concentrating and focusing to write in front of the screen at work, which I did with the cigarette. So I would like to try with the e cigarette. My intention is to be able to recreate the mechanics of smoking but not to get hooked again, so I would surely buy liquids without nicotine. But I would like if someone could advise me on which model of electronic cigarette could work for me and which liquid options to buy that are pleasant to taste and does not refer me to the conventional cigarette.
I would also like to buy a kit at least last me about 3 or 4 months without having to buy replacements because I do not live in USA.
thanks

gandymarsh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
WI, USA
Welcome to ECF!

There are many different forms of "e-cig". Cigalikes (look similar to cigarettes) pen (size and shape of a large pen or slim marker) tube (size and shape of a slim or full size cigar) and box (size of an American cigarette pack or smaller).

What would you prefer?

The heating coil of all e-liquid vaporizers will need to be replaced or rebuilt every few weeks. The battery or batteries will last quite awhile depending on usage.

The liquid would be fairly easy since you don't want nicotine.

It would help to know where you live. E-cigs are banned or severely regulated in some countries like Singapore.

Edit; This might help (10) Advancing Up the Vaping Ladder with Egos and Mods | E-Cigarette Forum

Last edited:

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
I would recommend something cheaper and easy that is just a bit bigger than a cigarette (more like cigar size). The evod kit would give you everything you need for quite a while except liquid.

Kanger EVOD Starter Kit

Liquid is always the hard part. Get several samples of things you might like. Fruit flavors are usually a good starting point for a beginner.

chinose

Jan 19, 2017
Grimwald: do you recommend de EVOD or the EVOD 2?

gandymarsh: Nice video, but I was a little lost with so many options.
Not really care about the form of the e-cig, more than anything I was looking for something easy to use, with good quality because I can not return it if it breaks, and that not need to adjust it often.
I live in Uruguay, no problem with bringing e-cig as far as I know.

How long does a bottle of liquid last on average?
(and any recommendation about brands?)

Reactions: Cheallaigh

gandymarsh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
WI, USA
The Evod starter kit Grimwald posted will probably do what you want. They are widely available and so are replacement coils. They have a draw that's similar to a cigarette. The battery will only need to be charged once or twice/day depending on how much use it gets.

The battery can be charged by plugging the cable provided into a computer USB port. The one in the link comes with a wall outlet adapter designed for US outlets.

E-liquid is generally a combination of Propylene Glycol (PG), Vegetable Glycerine (VG) and Nicotine with a small amount of flavoring. Since you don't want nicotine, and are just using it for the "hand to mouth" ritual, you might be able to forego the flavoring and just use a 50/50 mix of PG and VG. Myfreedomsmokes sells several different size bottles of both. They also sell concentrated flavorings. I don't know if they ship to Uruguay.

The amount of liquid you will use will vary depending on how much you use your device. when I first started with an Ego kit (similar to the Evod) I used about 2-3 ml/day vaping frequently.

Feel free to ask any questions you may have. We're always willing to help.

Reactions: Cheallaigh

chinose

Jan 19, 2017
I'll go with the Evods then...

A query, a few years ago I tried the electronic cigarette and caused me dizziness.
Is it common? One gets used to it? Or may it have relationship with some e-cig models?
(They were with nicotine at that time when I was trying to quit the analog).

Cheallaigh: no problem with the distance, I will buy in U.S. and have them ship to my country.

gandymarsh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
WI, USA
I'm wondering if it was the nicotine in cigarettes that helped you focus. Nicotine is known to increase alertness, kinda like caffeine.

Nicotine, by itself, isn't as addicting as we have been lead to believe. The tobacco companies add ingredients to make it more addicting.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hi! I need advice on what to buy.
I quit smoking 2 years ago. But I still have trouble concentrating and focusing to write in front of the screen at work, which I did with the cigarette. So I would like to try with the e cigarette. My intention is to be able to recreate the mechanics of smoking but not to get hooked again, so I would surely buy liquids without nicotine. But I would like if someone could advise me on which model of electronic cigarette could work for me and which liquid options to buy that are pleasant to taste and does not refer me to the conventional cigarette.
I would also like to buy a kit at least last me about 3 or 4 months without having to buy replacements because I do not live in USA.
thanks
Welcome and glad you joined. Lots of good information listed below.
Might like to read:
Learn About Vaping Here - Everything Ecigs - From Beginner To Advanced
http://www.ecigarettedirect.co.uk/a...tte-college-guides-tutorials-information.html
One Stop Reference Shop For New and Experienced Vapers
Beginner – Guide To Vaping
May 2016 / Smoking Vapor
(10) Advancing Up the Vaping Ladder with Egos and Mods | E-Cigarette Forum
(1) Proper Terminology - Is it a carto, a tank, or what? A Guide to Juice Attachments. | E-Cigarette Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread