Advice needed. Starter kit!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acuman

Jan 18, 2017
Hi. I'm Can from Turkey.

First of all I'm sorry if I'm in wrong forum. And sorry for my English too.

A friend of mine quit smoking and started to vape with joyetech eVic VTwo Mini Kit. I'm a smoker and I want to replace it with e-cigarette too. And I want to do it with a kit since I barely understand the world of vaping(mods, coils, etc..). So I need vets' advice.

I've made a research and I've found out that "Provari Radius" is the best. -Please correct me if I'm wrong.- But noone is selling it in Turkey. My sister is in USA right now. She can purchase it. But I worry that if I can find spare parts(coils, cartomizers, tanks etc..) for it in Turkey.

I'm open minded for any advice.

Thanks in order for your interest...

Edit : And what should I buy for extra?

Last edited:
Reactions: BrotherBob

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
Hi and welcome :thumbs:

Perhaps if it's a starting mod you should get one with a built in battery?
Maybe eleaf istick power and a melo 3 tank?
With that tank you can put coils in and vape right away but maybe learn to use the rebuildable base which comes with it when your ready.

I would recommend getting to grips with batteries and then maybe you could get an eleaf Pico which uses external batteries.

BTW, I don't have a Provari Radius but they are a great company and that is an expensive piece (where I'm from) of kit so perhaps something cheaper until your ready.

Have a look on YouTube at the eleaf Power. I think it can come in a kit with all the things you need.

10Pups

Jan 14, 2017
Orange, California
Maybe just buy 2 . If 1 breaks you got another until you figure out what parts you need and if you can get those in Turkey. Might have to consider 2 cheaper kits but if I were using it to quit smoking I certainly would want the insurance of not being without a backup.

I just bought a Reuleaux RX Mini kit for $45.00 US. Might look into that. Pretty simple unit , Battery built in and chargers on USB (no more than 1 amp charger like an iPhone unit that plugs into wall or your pc) Buy some extra coils and your set. That's just what I know and I am just beginning this way myself but I did weeks of research before I started .

Reactions: Acuman

Hitmetwice

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2012
Ontario
Provari was my first device 5 years ago. It's still in perfect shape.

Any tank will work on the Radius but the coils used must be at least 0.3 ohm or higher.
When I got my radius I opted for the 60 watt version. I use it only at 30 watts regularly, it's a good vape at 30.

If you want a more traditional cigarette type puff get a Nautilus tank with 1.6 and 1.8 ohm coils.
This will require only 7-20 watts to perform.

If you want performance and huge clouds you will need to do lung inhales. A great tank I've been using for quite a while on the Radius is the Crown tank. The 0.2 coils will not work on the Radius however. You will need the 0.5 ohm coils. This is my main set-up now, it's the best I've had yet.
(for My needs) YMMV.

And a big ECF welcome to you!

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
Provari was my first device 5 years ago. It's still in perfect shape.

Any tank will work on the Radius but the coils used must be at least 0.3 ohm or higher.
When I got my radius I opted for the 60 watt version. I use it only at 30 watts regularly, it's a good vape at 30.

If you want a more traditional cigarette type puff get a Nautilus tank with 1.6 and 1.8 ohm coils.
This will require only 7-20 watts to perform.

If you want performance and huge clouds you will need to do lung inhales. A great tank I've been using for quite a while on the Radius is the Crown tank. The 0.2 coils will not work on the Radius however. You will need the 0.5 ohm coils. This is my main set-up now, it's the best I've had yet.
(for My needs) YMMV.

And a big ECF welcome to you!

Great points. You need to find out your style.
I started off with a tight draw on nautilus mini. Fantastic tank.
Then my 2nd move was lunghits with a subtank (a laughable wattage though)
Then I went through the gears and 2 years later I'm back at around 12-14 watts.

Some people find their style right off the bat. For some ppl it takes a little while longer.

Maybe have a puff on your friends and see if you like that style of vaping?

Good luck

Acuman

Jan 18, 2017
Thank you all for your interest. As far as I understand;

- I'd need Provari's original parts only if it'd brake. I can use any parts which should replace regularly like coils.
- Provari might be reliable but it's all about style of vaping and might be expensive choice. I could/should buy 2-3 kits instead.

I loved the hit that I got from my friend's Joyetech. But I must admit, I little scare of a possible explosion. So at this point Provari seems safer to me.

mcclintock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    Provari is a mod, a battery unit, not what the vapor comes out of. I know the mods are shiny and fancy electronics but it just provides power. The atomizer is where the action is and the first part to think about aligning with the kind of vape you think you want (although you could choose a mod first because it matters less).

If you're not stressing the device, it should be pretty safe. On the opposite side, if you want high power levels, Provari's may not even be an option.

Cheallaigh

Ultra Member
    Aug 13, 2016
    Georgian Bay, Ontario
    go to most store website and click the link most have for starter kits... %99 of those will be a "regulated" device, in other words it has a computer chip to help with the vaping and safeties to help protect you.

there's two more common styles of vaping...

those who like higher nicotine(12+mg) with 1 ohms or above that usually inhale to their mouth and then either inhale into their lungs, or exhale like with a cigar
    those who like lower nicotine (3-9mg) with what is called sub ohm .9 or lower ohms, most of them inhale like taking a deep breath and don't inhale into their mouths pausing there.

depending on which type of way you inhale, depends on the devices people would recommend, getting the tank setup that suits you is the best bet for switching from smoking to vaping.

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 22, 2016
    Fredericton NB Canada
    Starter kit just means it comes with everything except a battery for external 18650's. I started with a beginner kit like ego/evod/AIO/T18 etc. If you get a big powerful starter kit just be sure it's one that has a tank with MTL coil options and not a TFV8 or something crazy. Usually you build up to DTL I could hardly handle 3.2v on a EVOD when I started. If I had purchased some crazy DTL only kit I probably would have sold it and wouldn't be here today.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 2, 2012
    England and Wales
    In your situation I don't think I would buy a Provari Radius. (Especially if you are not in the US).
    If you genuinely have the money and someone can pick one up for you whilst in the US, then OK, why not.
    Otherwise, no, not really.
    I would get something like the eVic and start your journey from there.
    We all love Provari, sure...

djsvapour

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 2, 2012
    England and Wales
    Some people's strategy is to buy a few high quality devices. Some people (like me) buy several less expensive devices.

Wow. That is a post!! :)

You summed it up perfectly and wasted no words at all.

I agree. 100%.

(I also admit to being a person who buys several devices, not just e-cigs either)....

Cheallaigh

Ultra Member
    Aug 13, 2016
    Georgian Bay, Ontario
    there is a key point... getting what you can get the coils and whatever else you may need for it... if you can only get coils as an example when you family is visiting the states, but there is one you can get easier that is more local? get the local one... and when you can, if you can and are interested, learn to build your own coils. while i live in canada, and i can get a lot of stuff by mail without issues like in some countries, nothing is local because i am rural... i learned to build my own coils, saves me the headache of a burnt out coil and no place to get it and having to wait on the mail.

Acuman

Jan 18, 2017
    Thank you all for your advices. I have no interest on Provari anymore. And I want to build my own kit. I can supply all of these in Turkey. Here's the list;

Joyetech eVic VTC Dual Box Mod
    Joyetech eVic VTC Mini 75W TC Box Mod
    2x OBS Crius RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer
    LTQ Vapor DIY RBA Tools Kit
    [URL='http://www.gearbest.com/tools/pp_242265.html?wid=21']3x LG[/URL] H[URL='http://www.gearbest.com/tools/pp_242265.html?wid=21']G[URL='http://www.gearbest.com/tools/pp_242265.html?wid=21']2 [/URL]18650[/URL]

I watched some videos and building my own coil doesn't seem so hard. Are these enough? Too much? Am I missing anything?

Reactions: Cheallaigh

Cheallaigh

Ultra Member
    Aug 13, 2016
    Georgian Bay, Ontario
    if you can get something like this... since i cannot see yours(you need a certain amount of posts for posting links)
    Coil Master DIY Kit V3 - Coil Master

then you will just need wire/cotton and juice... and you should be good to go.

i can say my favourite wire is 28g SS316L round/claptons/fused claptons/alien... fits all my mods and can be used in temp control or wattage.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread