Advice needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonvape

May 27, 2015
Hi there, I am new here

I quit smoking two weeks ago, I first purchased an e-lites e cig which as you probably know looks like an actual cigarette and takes screw on cartridges, I have been getting on fine with this but it was costing too much, two refills cost £7 and one refill was lasting me about a day so I decided to move to one that takes liquid, I bought a blu pro kit which came with 18mg tobacco flavoured liquid, since I have been smoking this I have been getting headaches and feel a bit faint now and then.

I don't understand as the e-lites cartridges have 24mg of nicotine in them which is much higher than the liquid and I didn't have any side effects from them?

Can anyone advise why this is happening?

Many thanks :)

kaahn

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2015
Eastern NC
To much nicotine. I would drop down your nicotine level with the blu or either cut down on your chain vaping. Some devices will deliver nicotine differently. Like with an RDA most people drop to 3 or 6mg but for a tank like a lemo or nautilus the will use 12mg. Hope this helps. Also read read read here. There is a plethora of info here as well as a very helpful community. Remember the only stupid question is a question not asked. Welcome to ECF and good luck with your journey!

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
Hi there, I am new here

I quit smoking two weeks ago, I first purchased an e-lites e cig which as you probably know looks like an actual cigarette and takes screw on cartridges, I have been getting on fine with this but it was costing too much, two refills cost £7 and one refill was lasting me about a day so I decided to move to one that takes liquid, I bought a blu pro kit which came with 18mg tobacco flavoured liquid, since I have been smoking this I have been getting headaches and feel a bit faint now and then.

I don't understand as the e-lites cartridges have 24mg of nicotine in them which is much higher than the liquid and I didn't have any side effects from them?

The cigalike cartridges will produce much less vapor than tanks (i.e. blu pro), therefore your body will get less nicotine per puff. That's why with the e-lites you were fine using 24 mg, but are getting light headed using 18 mg in the blu pro. That light headedness and headaches you are getting is a result of getting too much nicotine. The effects are temporary and will pass fairly quickly with no ill after effects. You can vape less frequently or go with a lower nicotine content juice.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Hi Jon!

I know you are new, so I'll try to be kind.

As you have discovered, E-Lites are a dreadful product. They were out-of-date technology three years ago when I started; they didn't work for me, they don't do what they say on the packet. They are an extortionate price. You have done well to be rid of them. E-Lites use 24mg liquid BUT it's probably not even strong enough as it is a pathetic device which barely makes much vapour. For example, some of the new tobacco company disposable e-cigs use up to 48mg liquid.

Now, Blu. Blu is a tobacco company product as well. They are fully supporting the 2016 TPD (tobacco products directive, Europe) which will ban refillable e-cigs across Europe. Even their own product, the Blu 'pro' will be banned, but I'm sure they like it that way as value for money, the 'pro' kit works out cheaper for us, but less profit for them.

In answer to your question. 18mg in a Blu pro will be giving you much more nicotine than an E-Lite. I could find the research carried out by the Canadian e-cig trade body (they represent sellers of e-cigs) but it's just easier to say you will be getting far more YEILD from your Blu than your E-Lites.

I would encourage you to lower your nicotine strength, yes. Even 12mg is going to be more nicotine to you than E-Lites. Trust me on this.

My opinion on Blu is, I'm afraid, rather extreme;

None of us should be supporting a tobacco company looking to destroy all the competition in the UK with the express aim of allowing the UK government to destroy the current e-cig market (hardware and liquid) so they can sell us single-use cartomizer e-cigs.

That bit is up to you and your conscience. We all know what hardware and liquid BLU are selling UK users. It's all too expensive. The liquid is Chinese, not American (like US BLU) and they are not 'in the market' to sell you something for today or tomorrow. They are in the market to make sure ALL the other products are destroyed so they can sell you £10 disposables in 2016.

I vape 6mg or 12mg liquid. I could vape an entire E-Lite from out of the packet until totally dead...probably 200 puffs and not even notice I've been vaping. That's the reality of these products.

If you need to know anymore, I'll be happy to explain further. :)

Good luck.

kaahn

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2015
Eastern NC
Hi Jon!

I know you are new, so I'll try to be kind.

As you have discovered, E-Lites are a dreadful product. They were out-of-date technology three years ago when I started; they didn't work for me, they don't do what they say on the packet. They are an extortionate price. You have done well to be rid of them. E-Lites use 24mg liquid BUT it's probably not even strong enough as it is a pathetic device which barely makes much vapour. For example, some of the new tobacco company disposable e-cigs use up to 48mg liquid.

Now, Blu. Blu is a tobacco company product as well. They are fully supporting the 2016 TPD (tobacco products directive, Europe) which will ban refillable e-cigs across Europe. Even their own product, the Blu 'pro' will be banned, but I'm sure they like it that way as value for money, the 'pro' kit works out cheaper for us, but less profit for them.

In answer to your question. 18mg in a Blu pro will be giving you much more nicotine than an E-Lite. I could find the research carried out by the Canadian e-cig trade body (they represent sellers of e-cigs) but it's just easier to say you will be getting far more YEILD from your Blu than your E-Lites.

I would encourage you to lower your nicotine strength, yes. Even 12mg is going to be more nicotine to you than E-Lites. Trust me on this.

My opinion on Blu is, I'm afraid, rather extreme;

None of us should be supporting a tobacco company looking to destroy all the competition in the UK with the express aim of allowing the UK government to destroy the current e-cig market (hardware and liquid) so they can sell us single-use cartomizer e-cigs.

That bit is up to you and your conscience. We all know what hardware and liquid BLU are selling UK users. It's all too expensive. The liquid is Chinese, not American (like US BLU) and they are not 'in the market' to sell you something for today or tomorrow. They are in the market to make sure ALL the other products are destroyed so they can sell you £10 disposables in 2016.

I vape 6mg or 12mg liquid. I could vape an entire E-Lite from out of the packet until totally dead...probably 200 puffs and not even notice I've been vaping. That's the reality of these products.

If you need to know anymore, I'll be happy to explain further. :)

Good luck.

In shorter words jonvape...trash the big tobacco Blu and get you a istick 30 and a nautilus mini. You will be very very happy with it and be supporting the fight against big tobacco, big government, and big pharma take over of the industry.

ellejewell

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2015
Fl.
Certain devices delivery nicotine more efficiently than others. When I first started I had some cheap ce5 clearomizers and vaping 24mg never seemed enough. When I learned how to rebuild I got an RDA and I instantly had to lower my nicotine down to 9mg because I was getting headaches and the shakes after just a couple puffs. So, the point is the better the e liquid delivery system the better chance for more efficient nicotine intake. Hope this has helped answer your question.

Reactions: Caro123

Caro123

Apr 11, 2015
Nova Scotia
Hi there, I am new here

I believe op have posted to your concern I can only speak for myself I quit unintentionally after smoking a pack a day for 40 years no pain no sweat and down right easy . I did have to read and learn a few things. I was fortunate in that someone pointed me in the direction of an evod starter kit and 12 mg of juice in a tobacco flavour and a root beer flavour. I smoked cigs a bit in the beginning (I truly did not intend to quit, vaping was temporary while visiting my very ill mother) with vaping I found I did not enjoy the cigs very much until I had to actually make myself smoke a half a smoke. I increased my nic level in my juice to 18 have not had a cig since March 1 of this year, I truly don't miss it at all . I currently have an eleaf 20 watt and a nautilaus mini tank . I buy my juice ready made at 18 mg but have made a few juices of my own which I like. A vape shop with folks who are familiar with the equipment and a place where you can sample the juice is a good thing . Vaping can seem overwhelming at first but a good little starter kit with a knowledgeable person who can walk you through is invaluable - you do what is right for you and you obviously wish to be smoke free I think you have found a very good resource in ecf and the founder of this forum is listed as UK and a contest is running -welcome and enjoy

Reactions: djsvapour

hashtag

Ultra Member
May 17, 2015
It is tough to make that initial investment into the better gear but once you get there it is a whole lot better. The cigalikes just don't do what they need to in order to truly help with smoking cessation. Do some research and listen to the folks around the forum, maybe share what budget you would like to stay within and we can recommend something that will make you much happier.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
It's terrific that the O.P. Jonvape has got away from E-Lites and move on to eGo type products.

I thought I would search out the "math" that I did on E-Lites back when I was seriously thinking about challenging them (in a legal) way about the claims they made about the product, and continue to make to this day. It makes for shocking reading. Anyway, without going into details, anything is better than using them.

The Blu pro is a usable e-cig and not dissimilar to what many of us were able to quit using. Hang in there Jon... if the product is working (it sound like it is working too well!) then be happy and keep vaping. I'm sorry to bring in the news about Blu, sometimes it just upsets me so much what is going to happen just next year in Europe.

Apologies for taking this thread in other directions. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread