advice needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elchin

Apr 6, 2016
hi brothers in vapes,

i use currently eleaf 60 w tc with griffin and made dual normal coil kanthal A1 27 gauge 0.74 ohms and volt 5.08 and watt 35.
nobody speaks about voltage in regulated mods, thats why i would like to make me more educated.

reg mods normally says they make from x voltage to xx voltage. as i push wattage voltage goes also high but battery is 3.7 ~ 4.2 volt fully.

i can push now my coil till 60 watt but volt goes also higher then 6 and how it happens , is there any transistor inside mod or it is not good to do that? but why in specifications of reg mods there are always confusing info, i found this :

eleaf iStick 60W box mod simple version
Material: Stainless steel
Variable wattage: 1 - 60W
*************Variable voltage: 3.7 - 4.2 V *******************
Resistance range: 0.05 - 1 ohm ( TC-Ni / TC-Ti mode ) / 0.15 - 3.5ohm ( VW mode )
Temperature control: 100 - 315C / 200 - 600F
Smart technology of temperature control supporting both Nickel 200 and Titanium coils
Fit with 18650 battery ( not included )

Breite: 38 mm
Länge: 91 mm
Tiefe: 28 mm
Output Watt 1 - 60 Watt
Output Mode: Ti, Ni, VW
VT Temp Modus: 0,05 Ω - 1,0 Ω
VW Watt Modus: 0,15 Ω - 3,5 Ω
Temp-Bereich 100°C - 315°C
Display OLED

nothing about voltage normally !!!

but when to push till 60 watt definitely voltage will be higher then 6

i am confused and after all (MODERATED) explodes got little bit paranoic :)))

Last edited by a moderator:

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
Nothing weird going on. You are dealing with a boost circuit.

The key, and this may seem odd, is that a battery is a power source with a fixed voltage. It's not a voltage source. It's not a current source. Power is measured in watts. Watts are the product of voltage and current. If you want more voltage out of your power source, you run current through a boost circuit and convert amperage to voltage.

A very simplified explanation of basic DC electronics. It does get a bit complicated when we discuss the methods of boosting and pulse width effects, but that was not part of your question.

Understanding what your battery is doing is important to understanding battery safety, so kudos to you for asking the question and taking an important step in learning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread