Advice on new mod for Cleito aspire tank please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lou21

Feb 12, 2017
Hey guys, new here and fairly new to more complex vapes. I've always had simple mod/tank combos for the past few years. I bought a Smok r80 combo a year ago (I think r80 is the model, says it on the side). After extensive leaking I upgraded the tank to an aspire cleito. I've been using .2 cleito coils at 55w... went with the .4 coils today, recommended at my vape shop (this new tank is now leaking). I notice now that I have to drop down to 40w in order to hold a decent taste without burn on my prohibition white lightning juice(75/25). For the past few months my mod has been leaking internally from the charging port and shorting out my charging chord whenever I connect it. I do need a new mod... based on all of the information I gave, what would you recommend? I would really prefer a reasonably priced mod that has external chargeable batteries instead of all this internal crap on the smok lol. Thanks for the advice in advance everyone,
Lou

SpotDaDog

May 20, 2017
New Mexico
Most every mod that can fire above 40W will work with a cleito. Some of my faves are Primo Mini, Presa 75W, Pico, and AL85.

How to Completely fix cleito leaks: get a Super Tank Mini. Worked a treat for me.
But if you're determined, I've had pretty good luck fixing cleito leaks and vacuum locks with these tips: Take it apart and clean it. Dry thoroughly. When screwing in the coil turn it just 3/4 turn past first resistance. When screwing on the cap, turn it by the drip tip and stop turning when it spins. Test by unscrewing the top, if the coil doesn't unscrew with it you've got it in right.
These tweaks have worked well for me but they're just so fussy to get right that I've started switching over to ST Mini & ST 25mm. The flavor is equal, the tanks and the coils are cheap, and they don't leak. Aspire could have earned my loyalty by telling me these tweaks themselves but they didn't. F-Aspire, viva Tobeco.
If you do get a Super. you may think it's superglued together when you try to disassemble for cleaning. Ten min in the freezer will make it a lot easier to get it apart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread