Status
Not open for further replies.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Hello to everyone, haven't been around in a while because I did quit vaping, totally successfully..

However, it's Christmas time, the seasons for giving gifts and my son smokes very heavy. Two to three packs a day, full flavor Marlboro reds..

I wanted to give him the gift that keeps on giving, and since vaping successfully helped me to quit smoking, I wanted to set my son up as well.

So what I have done.. what I have ALREADY purchased for him, is Samsung INR 18650-25r flat top batteries, and the Aspire CF mod.

What I need, is to know what is going to be the best tank to get him for this set up.. can this battery handle a sub ohm coils? Is the Aspire Atlantis with .5 coils going to work with this, or does he need something in the 1.5 Ohm range?

What do people recommend for him by way of the perfect tank for a heavy smoker / never vapor, first time set up...

Personally, I never sub ohm'd, but I see my son as possibly enjoying it.. but I'm not sure about all the rules mathematically and if that battery can handle it.

Last edited:

dolladave

Jul 9, 2014
USA
I'm not personally familiar with that device but I did do a little bit of googling on it and it appears to work just like a mechanical mod with some built in safety features. It's not adjustable wattage, just straight battery voltage and as the battery drains the wattage goes down. You'll be fine with the Atlantis tank and the batteries you purchased. .5ohm at 4.2 volts is 8.4 amps which is well with the safety specs on the 25r battery. It'd be roughly 35 watts at full charge on the battery which should suit the .5ohm atlantis coil nicely.
Hope this helps and happy holidays!

Reactions: Opinionated

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
I'm not personally familiar with that device but I did do a little bit of googling on it and it appears to work just like a mechanical mod with some built in safety features. It's not adjustable wattage, just straight battery voltage and as the battery drains the wattage goes down. You'll be fine with the Atlantis tank and the batteries you purchased. .5ohm at 4.2 volts is 8.4 amps which is well with the safety specs on the 25r battery. It'd be roughly 35 watts at full charge on the battery which should suit the .5ohm atlantis coil nicely.
Hope this helps and happy holidays!

Thank you so much and Happy Holidays to you also!

Yeah.. it's all that tricky math that I suck at.. thank you so much for figuring that out for me! I really appreciate it!

Reactions: dolladave

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
You can go here and plug in different variables Ohm's law to make sure you stay within the specs of your battery. The 25r(assuming they're authentic) have a continuous 20amp rating but i've never liked to push my batteries... I'd stay at a load that keeps you at 15amp or less and you'll be good.

Yeah they are authentic, I get them at Liion wholesale who is very reputable. (As well as reasonably priced)

Thank you very much for the link.. I really really appreciate all your help!

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
There's nothing wrong with the Atlantis tank. If you already have it, don't bother changing. That said, the Toptank Mini offers a wider range of coils, and comes with an RBA deck.

Regardless of tank choice, I would start him out with something a little tighter/higher ohms... I think there's a 1 ohm coil available for the Atlantis... the higher resistance coil will stretch juice, tighten the pull, and extend battery life.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Reactions: Opinionated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread