Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
I saw some photos of someone's Aeolus broken down, and they had the air flow control ring taken apart.... So there's gotta be a way. I haven't tried yet myself. It is kinda tight to move, but I've mostly been vaping it wide open.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me too. I love how the airflow functions, but I hate how the controller is controlled. I leave mine open too, so it's no biggie really. But there is next to nothing for you to grab onto with the controller ring. According to my measurements, the ring is 2.38mm deep and 3.57mm wide and you (maybe just I) have to hold onto the top cap simultaneously or it will spin instead of the airflow controller. Not a very intuitive design here. Who knows though. Maybe some love it.

cheesestain

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2014
Toronto
Anyone gotten the airflow ring to move easier? Mine is super tight and I don't see a way to take it apart and lube it up. I removed the O ring from the deck and now it sits fairly flush but hard to use with the airflow being so hard to move.

Mine was really tight out of the box. But once I got it out it seemed to loosen up. It's perfect now.

Reactions: bluehaze013

Gummy Bare

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2012
San Diego, California
Reactions: Mr.Mann

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place

bluehaze013

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2013
Florida
Anyone gotten the airflow ring to move easier? Mine is super tight and I don't see a way to take it apart and lube it up. I removed the O ring from the deck and now it sits fairly flush but hard to use with the airflow being so hard to move.

Until you get some juice in there its a real pain in the ..... Mine moves easier now just because I use it so much but in the beginning to remove I had to stick something through the airflow holes and push it off kind of working it evenly using the airholes on one side then moving to the other. Protip put some juice on the oring before you put it back together lol

Gummy Bare

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2012
San Diego, California
I've got an all black v2 that I use at night on my Snowwolf, since it doesn't leak that easily. It's perfect for falling asleep vaping but I don't like it nearly as much compared to my Derringer.

What do you like about the Derringer? It looks pretty cool, I'm just worried about spit back and the vape being lava hot since it's so short. Same with the snub nose and other micro attys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CorTEH

May 2, 2014
La Quinta CA
Man, how I wanted an Aeolus v2 sooo bad. I would pay $90 for a used v1 TBH.
I was in the same place with the V2. And then I just pulled the trigger thinking if I didn't like it I can always sell it.

I honestly don't see any of the cons people are talking about. Everything about this device is awesome except one thing.. The top cap isn't as
tight as I want it to be but I can always replace the o-rings. When it comes to sitting flush, mine does that just fine, you just need to apply the slightest pressure downward
when putting the barrel on. Oh your atty is unscrewing from the deck? well the directions say to screw the base on by itself and tighten good. I haven't had
a single problem putting my barrel on and accidently unscrewing my base. The posts are the bomb. The screws are the bomb. The afc is fantastic
and extremely airy if you want it to be. Very low profile and LOADS of flavorful. Looks so good. I just don't see it. This is easily one of my favorite RDAs of all time.

bluehaze013

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2013
Florida
I was in the same place with the V2. And then I just pulled the trigger thinking if I didn't like it I can always sell it.

I honestly don't see any of the cons people are talking about. Everything about this device is awesome except one thing.. The top cap isn't as
tight as I want it to be but I can always replace the o-rings. When it comes to sitting flush, mine does that just fine, you just need to apply the slightest pressure downward
when putting the barrel on. Oh your atty is unscrewing from the deck? well the directions say to screw the base on by itself and tighten good. I haven't had
a single problem putting my barrel on and accidently unscrewing my base. The posts are the bomb. The screws are the bomb. The afc is fantastic
and extremely airy if you want it to be. Very low profile and LOADS of flavorful. Looks so good. I just don't see it. This is easily one of my favorite RDAs of all time.

I'm with you man, I just don't understand how anyone could not like this atty. It works perfect for me, I love the threaded barrel and not having the juice well on the deck makes it super easy to build on plus gold plated, square posts with bg holes, great airflow, top airflow so no leaking just dump a bunch of juice in there and vape for the next 30 mins without having to redrip lol I love it. 70 bucks is a steal for the quality of this atty.

I'm sure you know but just in case, theres a black oring in the bag of spares to replace the ring on the topcap with that will keep it from popping off so easily, it actually makes it quite difficult to get off but it's great if your using a widebore drip tip that you just drip through.

kformeck

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2015
Man, how I wanted an Aeolus v2 sooo bad. I would pay $90 for a used v1 TBH.
Nah, v2 is better IMO. What exactly is it that makes you want a v1 over a v2 (I have both),

I know you're a flavor guy so that's why I recommend the v2; if you're willing to sacrifice some flavor for some convenience then get a v1.

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk

TorontoOntario

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2014
Canada
My story on the Aelous v2 went like this: sooooo excited for it, ok they let everyone down its trash. Wont sit flush etc etc. THEN my buddy Mr Mann showed me a video that Synthetic Cloud dropped and I got realllly excited again. I could not afford one (I could but I mean I should not go out and spend $80 on an attie) BUT im my mind I was thinking I would get it very soon. Then, on Monday I tried one with a dual fused clapton and it was insane BUT I wanted to put a simple build in it and put it on my mech which thankfully the owner was ok with it. I put a dual .19 24g N80 macro setup into it and vaped it on my Nikita box. It was an insane vape. Perfect draw, dense vape and the flavor was insanse. I can do ANY build in that from basic to insane due to the posts, the posts are square (every RDA maker, take note) and the flavor is off the charts. Add on the short profile, looks and crazy ammount of juice you can toss in...I am buying one for myself for my birthday next month along with another attie I am STOKED to own

Reactions: kformeck

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
My opinion completely changed on it, so much so I regret my original opinion and posts, although I still think the onus is on the maker for making certain things abundantly clear to the buyer. Different but similar to the issues SOV customers had with the center post of the Zenith. SOV and SC should've got out in front of it.

It's super simple though. By the posts, just tighten down the atty EXTRA tightly on the mod (or wherever it gets built). That "extra" part is something I never do (or needed to do with other atties) and as soon as I got that part, all the other stuff went away.

Last edited:

bluehaze013

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2013
Florida
@Mr.Mann
The tightening the deck down on the mod is in the instructions that come with the RDA but were men so were not allowed to read instructions! lol It's all good man, I was baffled for a long time why people were having so much trouble with theirs, even some popular reviewers on youtube were posting trouble with the barrel in their reviews. I like the threaded barrel but so many people had trouble figuring this out I don't think we'll see another one for a long time lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread