aero tank base on protank 2 short review

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Alejandro Rayas, Jan 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Alejandro Rayas

Alejandro Rayas Senior Member ECF Veteran

I have put down my pt2 for a while now ( a month) due to leaky and gurgling issues just got the aero base due to how it is compatible. Wow!!!!! is all i have to say now I used to get a lot of dry hits with the normal base for some reason this one doesn't at 11W 2.8ohm mvp 2 and it hasn't leak at all and no gurgle sooooooo happy only 6 dollars and shipping soooo worth it and the air flow control is awesome!!!!!!!! :vapor: i love easy rebuild vaping and this protank 2 with aero base is it (i am a begginer at building still)

2. ZeroOhms

ZeroOhms Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I got mine mainly for tighter draw. I would add that the base fits nice and tight into PT II and III. Also both single and dual coil works like a champ. I just wish I can buy more. Sun vaper limits one per customer. :( I need five more.

3. Alejandro Rayas

Alejandro Rayas Senior Member ECF Veteran

ohh and i forgot to say that it doesn't sit flush with my mvp 2 but i dont mind only a little line of opening exposed i don't wanna push down the pin anymore other than till it's functional

4. ZeroOhms

Supporting member
    Oh that's a shame! Maybe someone will come up with a beauty ring for flush mount. :)

5. CrackerTeg

CrackerTeg Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I swear, this forum is going to be the death of me, my wallet and sanity. I've been lurking for a bit, made an account today and keep finding more cool stuff to mod my setup. Now I want to grab one of these aerotank bases. Damn you ECF! Damn you! (still better than analogs)

6. evan le'garde

evan le'garde Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Been looking to find a replacement base for my pt1. What i need is a ptII base for it because the pt1 base is too airy. Obviously i found plenty of sites that sell "pt replacement base" but don't specify whether they're the old or the new ones.

7. CrackerTeg

CrackerTeg Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

And of course, when I go to sun-vapers site to order, they're having issues. Great...

8. DJ Zak Black

DJ Zak Black Full Member

Could you please tell me where you got the Aerotank base? I've been wanting one since I first heard of it, but I bought the PT3 the day before the Aero was announced and I don't want to shell out $26 for yet another tank if I can get all the same features just by buying the base and slappin it on my old PT2. Thanks in advance!

9. ZeroOhms

Supporting member
    Threading on PT1 is exactly same as PT2/3 and Aero. You should be able to use the AeroTank base on PT1.
    KangerTech AeroTank Base - Sun-Vapers.com

10. Wow1420

Wow1420 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

11. Lewtz

Lewtz Full Member

Thanks for the info, I've been thinking about ordering the bases for my 2 PT2's.

*edit: Screw it, just went and ordered 2 bases.

12. TheReign

TheReign Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Just pushed the button to order my Aero Tank. will post my thoughts on it when it gets here.

Hopefully sooner that later!

13. certus11

certus11 Super Member ECF Veteran

Thank You so much for the info, now you just cost me another few bucks. Hopefully these few bucks won't set my wife on berserk. Shoud that happen, ADIOSSSSSSSSSS.

14. bigrf85

bigrf85 Super Member ECF Veteran

with the mvp beauty ring get the tank where you want it and unscrew the beauty ring to sit on the botom of your tank then it will look
    seamless ounce again

15. Txldy

Txldy Full Member

Thanks for this thread! Just ordered mine and I hope it fixes my PT2 and PT3 issues.

16. shelleyb

shelleyb Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I got the aero tank base to try on my Protank3 because I wasn't really happy with the P3 -- the difference was amazing - I also got mine at Sun-Vapers -

On a side note - I decided to try the base on my Smok Tech HBC Bottom Coil Tank - It works perfectly and again the difference is amazing and since I like my HBC tanks because I'm a girl and I think they are pretty - I immediately ordered two more bases so I can use them on my other tanks!

2014-01-22 19.20.23-1.jpg

17. pjmarkert

pjmarkert Senior Member ECF Veteran

Use coupon code TS14ZG on myvaporstore.com to get another 10% off.

18. evan le'garde

Before the aerotank was released i was looking for a replacement for my pt 1 base. The vent holes are too high on the thread of the pt 1 base and allow too much ventilation. The pt 2 base's vent holes are a little lower and provide a tighter draw which is what i want. When i looked for replacements there was no way to tell what base they were selling.

Anyway, yesterday i ordered an aerotank base from Protank Airflow Controller [VE659] - £3.99 : Vape Escape
    Should get it tomorrow.

I was a little hesitant about getting the aerotank base because i was concerned it would be the same as the original air flow controller. Short skinny version, worthless piece of crap !. But the aerotank's ventilation is adjusted by simply rotating the controller ring allowing air through the holes in the sides.

The original air flow controller had a centre pin that protruded out of the bottom when the valve was closed. So it would push the centre terminal in on whatever device it was on. As i said "a piece of crap".

19. evan le'garde

So, i got the aerotank base through the post today. Hmmm, thing is, when i screw the protank coil into it, the centre pin still protrudes a tiny bit. It works great on my protank 1 with a spinner. But when i put it onto my vamo there is still some resistance as it pushes the vamos terminal down and i don't like that. Thing is with my vamo, it got broken with the original air flow controller and after fixing it i still cannot use an afc because all i get is the "low load error". So that's what's happening today. I can put it on and leave it a little loose but if i tighten it all the way it doesn't work. So i've ordered one of these OCD Washer

See how i get on.

20. ImageX

ImageX Senior Member ECF Veteran

Re-wicking with cotton solves leaking and gurgling issues with the PT.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.