aero tank base on protank 2 short review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steelgirl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Houston, Tx
I use kanger pt2 predominately and have a few mini pt2 also. I use the pt2 on a red provari and a black one. the black one didn't have too much airflow problem, but the red one for some reason was nearly impossible to vape using pt2. was thinking about selling it even. then I got the areo base and VIOLA!!! what a relief!! night and day difference. I use the new base on both the black and on the red one now.

Necrotic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2014
Lawrenceville, GA
I have both the aerotank and Protank 2 (with aerotank base) I had purchased the aerotank first and enjoyed it but kept reading how single coils were so much better. So when I ordered my Vamo I also ordered a protank 2 and an aerotank base... I got my aerotank base from EBay and got it for only $6 with free shipping. Can't beat that! :p

Dampmaskin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2014
Norway
www.steam-engine.org
I suspected that these were a wee bit hyped, like so much else in the vaping world.

Got one for one of my PT2s yesterday. Ok, I am convinced! I am using my PT2 again, and it's better than ever.

Now to buy one for my second PT2, one for my SO's PT2, and one for the PT2 of a friend while I'm at it. I don't normally throw things away, but the original bases are going in the trash.

Cons: Makes the PT2 about 5 mm longer. Doesn't sit perfectly flush on my mod.

Pros: Makes the PT2 awesomely vapable.

I am never going to buy a topper without air flow control again, except maybe another PT2 mini if my current one breaks, because they rock.

30+Years

ECF Veteran
Jan 30, 2014
IN
I suspected that these were a wee bit hyped, like so much else in the vaping world.

Got one for one of my PT2s yesterday. Ok, I am convinced! I am using my PT2 again, and it's better than ever.

Now to buy one for my second PT2, one for my SO's PT2, and one for the PT2 of a friend while I'm at it. I don't normally throw things away, but the original bases are going in the trash.

Cons: Makes the PT2 about 5 mm longer. Doesn't sit perfectly flush on my mod.

Pros: Makes the PT2 awesomely vapable.

I am never going to buy a topper without air flow control again, except maybe another PT2 mini if my current one breaks, because they rock.

You need to get one for your mini. I haven't but understand that they fit.

Dampmaskin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2014
Norway
www.steam-engine.org
You need to get one for your mini. I haven't but understand that they fit.
I have tried the PT2 Mini with the PT2 base, and vice versa. It does indeed fit.

But I mainly use the mini with small batteries (Spinner, iTaste VV), so that would make it look a little odd. And the Mini works very well with the stock base IME, so there's really no need. The "big" PT2 on the other hand ...

Keep them for test ohms on the coils you build. Also use them for dry burns then you don\t have to take tank apart that you are still using. CHEERS!
Ah, of course. I knew there had to be a reason not to throw them away. :D Thanks for pointing it out for me.

Maybe I'll grind down the edge on one of them, so that I can install cotton wicks with the head still sitting in the base after testing/dry burning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread