After 3 years smoke free, back to smoking. Need to start vaping again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

aje742

Mar 11, 2014
USA
As the title states, I was smoke free for 3 years thanks to vaping. In that time I became very experienced with a variety of mod and tank types, had an entire collection of vaping "toys", experienced with rebuildables and drippers and the like(sorry I don't remember specific terms/brand names!). But then I started smoking again. Tried to quit with the patch (thought I was going to be successful and got rid of my old vaping stuff during a move) but that failed. Now I'm looking at vaping as an easier way to simply stop smoking (I'm already back at 1+ pack/day).

My problem: All of the new developments in vaping are leaving me utterly overwhelmed and confused! When I was vaping I had all kinds of fancy mods/tanks/whatever stuff, so I'm not a total newbie, but I am looking for something very simple to get off the smokes and there is just SO MUCH new stuff out there.

Before I started smoking again my daily carry was a mechanical mod with a rebuildable tank atomizer. That one super popular one that everyone had that I can't remember the name of. Using unflavored 3mg 70/30 VG I believe (Obviously I'm going to have to restart at 18 or 24mg!).

Can anybody give me suggestions on devices to look at to get started again? Preferably:Something low maintenance and simple (I don't think I want to go rebuildable right now), Ideally small-ish, will last me through a full day in terms of tank size and battery. Basically, if all I have to do is fill it/charge it when I'm at home at night (I also work 10-12+ hour shifts everyday) That would be great!! And durable too, I can't tell you how many devices simply broke on me.

I have noticed this new "pod" system in my beginning research on getting back into vaping. While it sounds very interesting, it doesn't exactly strike me as being cost effective and the tank sizes all seem so small?! I'm used to a standard of 5ml tanks. So obviously a lot has changed in vaping since I was in the loop and I would appreciate any sort of advice.

Thanks!

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Lightweight, pocketable, easy to charge, long life, low maintenance ... sounds like you're describing the Eleaf iStick QC200. It has a large battery (5000 mAh IIRC), has a smart mode so once you've selected an atomizrt, you can set and forget, is primarily aluminum to keep the weight down, relatively speedy 1.5 amp charging, and has a full safety/feature set so you can dial in what you want.

For tanks, I'd consider something like the iSub V 5ml tank. There is a range of available coils, it's simple to set up, has a 5 ml capacity, and offers top fill.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
An Innokin T22 might be right up your alley. I don't own one, but it highly recommended by several members here as a good, reliable and easy system to operate.

Like you, I fell off the wagon a couple of years ago and got back into vaping early this year. I use the Eleaf Pico 75 (I own three) and have a buttload of "new" tanks. They're new to me but most have been out for a year or more.

The Pico 75 is a single 18650 battery box mod with variable wattage. It's capable of outputting 75 Watts. A kit is available that includes a tank, but the mod is 510 capable.

You will be amazed at how quickly the knowledge you gained back in the early 2010's will come back to you. "oh, yeah," you'll say. "Now I remember!"

It's true that the technology has grown quickly in just the last two years or so. But most of the basics are still the same. A sleeker bicycle with more gears and such is still just a bicycle.

Welcome to ECF!

redeuce

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2017
Chicago suburbs
www.nofearmotorsports.com
As the title states, I was smoke free for 3 years thanks to vaping. In that time I became very experienced with a variety of mod and tank types, had an entire collection of vaping "toys", experienced with rebuildables and drippers and the like(sorry I don't remember specific terms/brand names!). But then I started smoking again. Tried to quit with the patch (thought I was going to be successful and got rid of my old vaping stuff during a move) but that failed. Now I'm looking at vaping as an easier way to simply stop smoking (I'm already back at 1+ pack/day).

My problem: All of the new developments in vaping are leaving me utterly overwhelmed and confused! When I was vaping I had all kinds of fancy mods/tanks/whatever stuff, so I'm not a total newbie, but I am looking for something very simple to get off the smokes and there is just SO MUCH new stuff out there.

Before I started smoking again my daily carry was a mechanical mod with a rebuildable tank atomizer. That one super popular one that everyone had that I can't remember the name of. Using unflavored 3mg 70/30 VG I believe (Obviously I'm going to have to restart at 18 or 24mg!).

Can anybody give me suggestions on devices to look at to get started again? Preferably:Something low maintenance and simple (I don't think I want to go rebuildable right now), Ideally small-ish, will last me through a full day in terms of tank size and battery. Basically, if all I have to do is fill it/charge it when I'm at home at night (I also work 10-12+ hour shifts everyday) That would be great!! And durable too, I can't tell you how many devices simply broke on me.

I have noticed this new "pod" system in my beginning research on getting back into vaping. While it sounds very interesting, it doesn't exactly strike me as being cost effective and the tank sizes all seem so small?! I'm used to a standard of 5ml tanks. So obviously a lot has changed in vaping since I was in the loop and I would appreciate any sort of advice.

Thanks!

You said fill it and charge it.

Innokin Endura T22 Starter Kit

Coastal Cowboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com

aje742

Mar 11, 2014
USA
Thanks for the replies!! The Innokin Endura t22 sounds like the way to go for me. Of course I'll need to wait until payday to pull the trigger. But also, I used to buy 8oz bottles of unflavored liquid from mtbakervapor and all I'm seeing when I search there just looks different than I remember and now they only have the option between 50/50 PG/VG and then max VG? Is there something I'm missing here? I used to get 70/30 VG from them in the same quantity.

Reactions: Letitia

Coastal Cowboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
My. Baker is still one of my favorite vendors. They've changed a bit since they moved to Arizona to get away from the busy bodies of the PacNW.

High nic, high PG liquids are harder to come by now.

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
My. Baker is still one of my favorite vendors. They've changed a bit since they moved to Arizona to get away from the busy bodies of the PacNW.

High nic, high PG liquids are harder to come by now.

True. I am still getting mine from Mister E Liquid. They have pretty strong flavors. I will order their stuff 100% PG @ 24 nic and mix it with my own VG. You can get a 65 ml bottle for about $20.

aje742

Mar 11, 2014
USA
Maybe I wasn't clear: but, I do not mix my own juices. I'm simply looking for unflavored liquid in bulk in the pg/vg ratio that I like. Something ready to use and at the nic level that I need. (When I first started vaping it was 18mg but because of my smoking habit now I feel like I need to start with 24). Are there other vendors I should look to for finding 24mg unflavored 70/30 VG liquid?

edit: unless I'm mixing things up, I think im looking for 70 vg and 30 pg. unless that is some crazy cloud chaser ratio, I thought that was the ratio I used to use to not gunk up my coils so fast!?? Sorry for not remembering!!!!

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
Maybe I wasn't clear: but, I do not mix my own juices. I'm simply looking for unflavored liquid in bulk in the pg/vg ratio that I like. Something ready to use and at the nic level that I need. (When I first started vaping it was 18mg but because of my smoking habit now I feel like I need to start with 24). Are there other vendors I should look to for finding 24mg unflavored 70/30 VG liquid?

edit: unless I'm mixing things up, I think im looking for 70 vg and 30 pg. unless that is some crazy cloud chaser ratio, I thought that was the ratio I used to use to not gunk up my coils so fast!?? Sorry for not remembering!!!!

Off the top of my head there is a supplier, I think they are called NicVapes, that offers it. They seemed a bit pricey to me though. I'd suggest going into the e-liquid sub forum on this site. There are probably lots of vendors mentioned. Or you could start a thread about in there and ask around. The DIY crowd probably knows where to find the best quality and the best price.

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
It was NicVape I was thinking of. I know you said that you didn't want to mix your own juices but, honestly, look at this:

125 ml of PG for $4.67 Propylene Glycol
125 ml of VG for $4.76 Vegetable Glycerin
125 ml of 100 mgs/ml nic for $20 Diluted (Liquid) Nicotine

If you want unflavored nic juice you can just mix VG/PG/nic together very cheaply. I'm sure that there are other sites out there where you can buy whatever blend and whatever strength you want that is already premixed. You might have a hard time finding exactly what you want. If that's what you want then one of the juice sub forums is where you want to gather info.

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY

My guess is that you were vaping 70pg/30 vg. You could buy 500 ml of 24 at $27 here. No mixing :)

1.5mg/mL - 36mg/mL Nicotine Base - Nude Nicotine

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
Welcome to ecf ! :D
I'm at the moment using an Aspire nx75 with an aspire triton 2 the whole thing is pretty small tbh (tank is 22mm diameter,3-3.5ml capacity) My mod needs an external battery with seems with the triton the watts are low enough that 1 battery lasts pretty much the whole day,but hang on to that juice cause i refill it about 3 times a day since it's a low capacity. The tank i mentionned has both a mtl and dtl coil in the box. If you want exclusively dtl, try the Fat Scylla from freemax, that thing has flavor for days and some pretty nice clouds tbh.

redeuce

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2017
Chicago suburbs

I'm vaping 70 % vg in the T22. Since the T22 is designed to be "smoked" like a cigarette I do not get big clouds. About the same amount of vapor comes out of my mouth as smoke from a puff of a cigarette. The 70 vg is also smoother to inhale than a high pg level. The T22 is designed to handle ratios up to 70 vg. Using a clear unflavored liquid is also easy on coils.
Order whatever ratio you had before though. If it worked then it will work now.

If 18mg worked for you before, it might work again. You're just assuming you need 24mg. Before ordering a boatload of 24, I'd order a small amount of 18 and 24. See which one satisfies you the best, then make the bigger order of the one you like best. In my opinion, a pack a day is an average smoker, not heavy.

redeuce

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2017
Chicago suburbs
I should mention you can't use the T22 as a direct mouth to lung cloud chaser. It will give you an unpleasant vape. It's designed to smoke like a cigarette and that's the way you use it. If you look at the drip tip, you will see it's actually almost the same size and shape of a cigarette filter.

Reactions: tgs3
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread