AGA-T/Paps Hybrid easy as pie...

Status
Not open for further replies.

studiovap

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Queensland Australia
i think as long as you stick to the lead free stuff, and wash away the flux residue, you should be fine...

solder is present in attys & CE2's(NR wire to 510 connector), and no one had an issue then.

i used to make my own dripping rebuildable attys (pre genesis era), without any off taste.

Solder filled lead free polished back, before it was weepy, now no leaky:)

8407454213_392aae249c_c.jpg

studiovap

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Queensland Australia
It might be cheaper to just convert the top plates of these AGAs like you've done rather than turning entire new bases! Hmmmmmmm

If only they had made the AGA-T2/+ with a screw top, you could have a seamless'ish' join, if you polish of the knurling you get a slight step :(
They are many who bought the AGA-ts in the co-ops only to find they can't deal with the hassle of oxing mesh and wrapping coils, should be some cheap ones being let go to experiment with.

Last edited:

studiovap

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Queensland Australia
Under the hood, 60mm #500 loosely rolled solid wick @2.9mm with wick hole drilled out to 3.2mm, with "from bottom up" countersink at 3.5mm.
DID brass nuts with stainless steel washers, 5wrap 28g Kanthal A1 coil at 1 Ohm, second smaller airhole in topcap drilled below original & SV adjustable breather screw with 28g Kanthal spring, CHoo CHoo :)

8410191764_0b5fc8cce9_c.jpg

studiovap

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Queensland Australia
Test to see how little voltage drop this has under load with a 1.0 Ohm coil :

I have modded my Paps switch by removing the skinny 7 coil spring and replacing it with a beefy 3 coil spring from a cheap Allen key set (you know the $2 ones with the allen keys all mounted on a ring in coil springs), but here, I used the 18650 mode because the 18350 is a little weaker under load. By the way the reason the figure is - not + is that my positive meter pin is a better fit in the tube vent hole that i use for the meters ground connection.

8409285541_b707cbb346_c.jpg

8409285799_4d71a3325b_c.jpg

Last edited:

BuzzKilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2010
Etobicoke, Ontario
www.graindeep.etsy.com
Would be kinda nice to know what else these will work on. Since the iHybrid Synthesis states it "will fit on Caravela, Gus Telescopic, Paps, and a few other 22mm mods" can we assume this will as well?

This is what i am banking on....

I still have about a month to wait on my Caravela to get to my door step... so i hope someone else chimes in with Caravela fitments.

studiovap

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Queensland Australia
Would be kinda nice to know what else these will work on. Since the iHybrid Synthesis states it "will fit on Caravela, Gus Telescopic, Paps, and a few other 22mm mods" can we assume this will as well?

If it has a 20x1mm thread it will fit, or can be shimmed/ground down to fit. I'm thinking the Smok Natural and KTS telescope may also be cheap an option, but Paps, Gus and Carvella for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread