Status
Not open for further replies.

tc1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Ohio
Sounds like the new AGA-W is a Germany exclusive and instead we will be getting the new V2 "Zombie" which from what I can tell is the exact same thing only with a SS center post. Argh!

I can't decide if I should just grab a DUD, AGA-T, or a standard Vivi Nova. Sounds like they all pretty much vape the same with mesh if properly setup. Given that the Vamo is a rather large mod I'm thinking the DID clone will look a little silly on it and just make the thing even longer than it already is.

AGA-T vs Metal Nova ... hrmmmmmm

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
dude if your options are the aga-T or a metal vivi nova, get the aga-T...
but, if you plan on using this thing out AND about, not just at home, then you'll need both, or just the vivi nova..

aga-Ts are great though. but I'd hold out for the new one because you can line up the hole with the wick easier. the new aga looks like its utilizing a cap that is fastened with O rings, not threads, and so you can put the hole wherever you damn please. With my aga-T, I have to unscrew the cap off a bit so that the hole will line up perfectly with the ss mesh wick.

tc1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Ohio
dude if your options are the aga-T or a metal vivi nova, get the aga-T...
but, if you plan on using this thing out AND about, not just at home, then you'll need both, or just the vivi nova..

aga-Ts are great though. but I'd hold out for the new one because you can line up the hole with the wick easier. the new aga looks like its utilizing a cap that is fastened with O rings, not threads, and so you can put the hole wherever you damn please. With my aga-T, I have to unscrew the cap off a bit so that the hole will line up perfectly with the ss mesh wick.

From what I've read ... they aren't releasing the o-ring version here. We're getting the same threaded design as before. Granted, it's possible another clone with the o-ring top will be sold, but I haven't seen anything close to an ETA personally. I do rather enjoy the look of the ATA-T and the tank is a huge plus. Biggest plus for the Nova would seem that it's easier to build wicks for.

Can I ask you why you'd prefer the AGA-T over the Nova in general? Been trying to find as much info as possible and it seems like they perform about the same provided you build the mesh wick correctly.

Perhaps my deciding factor will be that I tend to lay my pvs on their side ... which obviously can cause leaks in a genesis type.

Last edited:

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
HUH? the biggest PLUS for the vivi nova is its EASY to build wicks for? LOL yeah right.
do you have a vivi nova now? I can promise you, its not easier to build a wick for a nova compared to the aga-Twith the Aga-T all you have to do is torch your mesh, roll it around a pin, coil around a pin, lock both sides and vape. with the vivi nova you have to go on youtube and look at all the little teeny tiny pieces and how they fit into the head... i'm pretty certain anyone will tell ya the Aga-T is 10x easier to rebuild than a vivi nova. granted, with the vivi nova, your not gonna get spills in your pocket and you can just slap another head on there.. but the aga-T is the way to go for an AT HOME rebuildable, especially if you want to rebuild.

the vivi novas are tiny don't forget, they are miniscule in scale compared to the aga-T... its not easy to work in those small scales. its especially not easy to make a coil small enough to fit the nova. with the aga, its basically as easy as they could possibly make it.

but if you NEED something that your going to be going out of the house with, a nova kit is it.

tc1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Ohio
I have Mini Novas. All you have to do is roll your mesh and oxidize it ... wrap your coil around it. Then you just pop off the silicon cap, pull the bottom off the head, put the wick in place, feeding one of the leads through the silicon insulator and reinsert the bottom of the head... twisting the excess wire off. A pretty painless and fast process.

Most of the AGA-T videos I've seen seem to take longer due to people fiddling around with wrapping the coil in a vertical position. I'm sure people rebuild them in no time flat as well though.

Is it possible to build the AGA-T to where it won't leak if laid on its side (sorta a habit of mine that I would have to break).
Also, I know the plastic is pretty dang thick on that .... but do you know of anyone who has experienced leeching/cracking due to the polyc plastic? (atleast IBTanked makes the glass tanks for it if this is the case)

tc1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Ohio
I agree, the AGAs are way easier to rebuild. I also don't believe for a second the Ws won't pop up in the west. Why would then pass up on tens of thousands of dollars? Also, they're for sale in the UK already...

Really? It was an UK vape forum I visited that said it was a German exclusive. I too have my doubt ... just don't see WHY they would limit sales. Heard anything about when we might see them?

Maybe I'd be better off buying the Metal Nova now and work on my meshes ... then hold out for the W (or similar device)?

Last edited:

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
you cant use the novas with a vertical mesh. so idk. just get a cheap rebuildable atomizer if you don't need a tank. if your dead set on a genesis type rebuildable, I love my aga-T and so would you.. as long as your not filling her up and going out of the house. You'll have a very juicy pocket by the end of the night if you try that I think.

FunkyVapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2011
Niagara Falls, Canada
Really? It was an UK vape forum I visited that said it was a German exclusive. I too have my doubt ... just don't see WHY they would limit sales. Heard anything about when we might see them?

Maybe I'd be better off buying the Metal Nova now and work on my meshes ... then hold out for the W (or similar device)?

Grab a DuD if you're going that route as the Nova setup is nothing like a genesis build. Also, Novas are terrible IMO, but that seems to be my exclusive opinion.

The DuDs are aboot the same price as a Nova and perform great as far as a true Genesis atomizer is concerned

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
what the heck is a DuD? Does a retailer really call the DiD clone a DuD? I've never seen it sold as a DuD?
I like my aGa-T, I have the aGa-T, I have Novas, I have a smoktech redux, and I have a hebel. I like the aGa-T a lot. I wish I knew more about sanding and polishing the knurls, because I like the shiny finish, butttt, I also like the knurls. The knurls really give it a nice grip when you need to take the top cap off. I figure if I ever drop it and dent the knurls I'll polish it.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
what the heck is a DuD? Does a retailer really call the DiD clone a DuD? I've never seen it sold as a DuD?
I like my aGa-T, I have the aGa-T, I have Novas, I have a smoktech redux, and I have a hebel. I like the aGa-T a lot. I wish I knew more about sanding and polishing the knurls, because I like the shiny finish, butttt, I also like the knurls. The knurls really give it a nice grip when you need to take the top cap off. I figure if I ever drop it and dent the knurls I'll polish it.

DuD is just a nickname somebody on here gave to the DiD clones. They are sold by various vendors as Griffin, Vulcan, Monstermesh, COV Gen1, MOV Gen1, and others. They're all the same. Vendors have their own names for them.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
i figured. they aren't DUDS though, they work well enough, especially with a quick mod or two. the whole DUD thing is confusing to newbies I'd have to guess. It was confusing to me. CONFUSING! lol

I agree. They aren't really duds at all. They're cheap, pretty easy to build, and they vape great, as long as they're set up right. They've been my "go to" ever since they came out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread