Not open for further replies.

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
www.nicoticket.com
This is what I know...

The primary process requires a name, birth date, and cell phone number, and last (4) digits of your Social Security Number (SSN).

The name is your LEGAL name - any misspelling or nicknames will kick you to the secondary verification process.

The birth date is a little wonky - it's Day/Month/Year - a little different than the Month/Day/Year that people are accustomed to. NOTE: If you are under the age of 27, as determined by the data you input, you will automatically be kicked to the secondary verification process.

The cell phone number is required because the system will send you a 4 digit code via SMS text message. If you are not able to send/receive SMS text messages then you will be kicked to the secondary verification process.

The SSN is required because it is the primary piece of information that determines "you are who you say you are." It is worth noting that the data is passed or transmitted as encrypted data, via SSL. If the data provides (last 4 of the SSN) does not match the database, you will be kicked the secondary verification process. If you do not want to provide your last (4) of your SSN, you can always opt to go to the secondary verification process and skip the SSN piece.

What is the secondary verification process? This requires you to upload a "selfie + picture of ID". This is a relatively painless process for those of you accustomed to taking digital photos and uploading them - the process typically takes about (5) minutes. If you are under the age of 27, you must perform this process EVERY TIME YOU MAKE A PURCHASE - even if you are a repeat customer. (I know, I know - pain in the ....).

The bottom line - we're as frustrated as some customers when it comes to the age verification process. It's costing us ALOT of $$$$ in the form of orders lost because people are having difficulty with the transition. Lots of people are confused - we are fielding questions like...

I've purchased from you dozens of times, why do I have to do this now? Answer: FDA regulations now require it.

Is my SSN really required - it's intrusive - I'm not comfortable providing that information. Answer: Again, the data is encrypted via SSL (Secure Socket Layer). Also, as an aside, the last (4) digits of a SSN are virtually useless to a potential identity thief... they would need

The "secondary" Selfie + ID process - how do I do it? Answer: It works much better from a computer as opposed to a phone, but - how I did it. I took a picture of myself holding my ID up to my face, and a second (up close) picture of the ID. I emailed it to myself, and downloaded (and saved it) to my desktop on my PC. I then uploaded the photo to the BlueCheck system on the site, and was verified in 5 minutes.

More questions??

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
"I took a picture of myself holding my ID..."

What did you use to take the picture? A selfie from your cell phone, right?

Still no cell phone here. Cannot send or receive text msg, or take selfies.

Call us at the office between 9am and noon Central, we have worked out an alternative process for people in your situation!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
Well, Sorry Clark, Won't be a next order from me. :(
I have tons of juice so it would be a while anyway, but there are better AV out there (that are not so intrusive and work in the background) than you have decided on.
Hell I just googled my name, city, and state, and it shows my address, with a map of my house, and my birth date, 1959 BTW.
I WILL NOT JUMP THROUGH HOOPS TO PURCHASE FROM ANY ONLINE WEBSITE.

FDA KMA

List of vendors Age Verification requirements.

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
Can always call in an order!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No need for age verification with a call in order?
Don't understand this, by the deeming (and some state laws) you would still need to verify I am over 18, how is that done over the phone?

traten

Sep 25, 2014
SE PA USA
I'm an old dude. No one is more resistant to change than me. But I wanted to take advantage of the weekly flavor Clark offered, and since no other vendor makes anything nearly as good I submitted to the Age Verification process. Yes, it was a big PITA. I noticed a live chat prompt in the process and decided to use it. I explained (texted) my issue about a major snag in the confirmation response.

Clark (Kent) immediately invited me to call him.

I did. We went through AV over the phone, had a nice, friendly chat about things in general, and left in good humor. Two days later my juice is here, it's everything I wanted --plus.

Clark is a straight-shootin' person, Nicoticket is a heads-up organization, and I'm a happy old dude.

End of story.

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
I made my first order today since this went in. It took me about 1 extra minute tops. I thought it worked well.

This is good to hear -- and, that's the way it goes for *most* people. Folks without a cell phone are obviously an issue. Also - some folks aren't receiving the text sometimes (not sure why). By far the most frustrating is when it goes to the selfie + ID situation, which is a PITA, but -- it *will* get you verified.

Thanks for the feedback Mike!~

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
I'm an old dude. No one is more resistant to change than me. But I wanted to take advantage of the weekly flavor Clark offered, and since no other vendor makes anything nearly as good I submitted to the Age Verification process. Yes, it was a big PITA. I noticed a live chat prompt in the process and decided to use it. I explained (texted) my issue about a major snag in the confirmation response.

Clark (Kent) immediately invited me to call him.

I did. We went through AV over the phone, had a nice, friendly chat about things in general, and left in good humor. Two days later my juice is here, it's everything I wanted --plus.

Clark is a straight-shootin' person, Nicoticket is a heads-up organization, and I'm a happy old dude.

End of story.

It was awesome speaking with you Traten - I probably said it, but there is a "silver-lining" to the whole age verification process... I get to put voices with names and rap with my friends! Thank you so much for the kind words and compliments - I'll take em! ;) Vape strong brother, vape strong!

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
Just made my 1st order since 8/8. (#69608)
There was no age verification process.
What's up with that?

We were having severe technical issues with BlueCheck. We tried to switch over to Veritad and it was every bit as bad. It was quite literally costing us hours a day chasing down abandoned carts, $500/day or more. There was no way to stop the bleeding, so we temporarily took down age verification until we can find a solution that actually works. We are working with another party to write a custom code that allows you to verify once only, and that is less intrusive in terms of the data it requires. Enforcement doesn't begin until December so the clock is ticking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread