Age Verification is here! Important information about ordering going forward!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megan Kogijiki Ratchford

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2013
Arvada, CO
Clark here! We've done it! In accordance with the upcoming FDA regulations, we have implemented age verification on the website! What does this mean for you?

From now until August 8th, the only states that will be required to perform the age verification are California, Washington, and Texas. On August 8th, the system will transition to a full 50 state program whereby ALL domestic orders will need to complete the age verification.

What does the process look like?

In the cart, just before you complete your order (Step 4, Order Confirmation), there is a new button that says "Verify Age and Proceed." You will be required in to input the following data:

First Name, Middle Initial, Last Name
Date of Birth - Month, Day, Year
Cell Phone Number - this is used to send you a 4 digit verification code. NOTE: You *must* enter a cell phone, not a landline.
The Last 4 digits of your Social Security Number
4 digit verification code, as received on your cell phone

Please note - once you are verified, the process is streamlined for future orders.

I hope this lends some clarity! Feel free to contact us at contact@nicoticket.com if you have questions or issues!

Love y'all,

Clark

SeniorBoy

VapeFight.com Founder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
vapefight.com
Congrats and best wishes young man:)

You're one of the first to roll out Age Verification. Great work!

Question and I hope you don't mind since I'm a retired geek :) Is the data you are collecting for Age Verification subsequently run through a trusted third party Data Base to confirm the age? I'm not interested in who does this since that's your business and not mine. Rather the geek in me motivates the question.

Continued best wishes

/Steve

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
www.nicoticket.com
Congrats and best wishes young man:)

You're one of the first to roll out Age Verification. Great work!

Question and I hope you don't mind since I'm a retired geek :) Is the data you are collecting for Age Verification subsequently run through a trusted third party Data Base to confirm the age? I'm not interested in who does this since that's your business and not mine. Rather the geek in me motivates the question.

Continued best wishes

/Steve

Sorry for the delay in the reply - but - the answer is 'yes.' The data collected is bounced off of Experian, one of the "big three" credit reporting agencies. It is worthy of note that this has no negative impact on your credit rating - it is more akin to an inquiry that would occur when you get a preapproval for a new credit card (you know, those "try our card" offers that litter your mailbox?) -- if that makes sense.

It's also notable to mention that the cart, and the transmission process, are all encrypted via SSL.

Finally, for those concerned about providing the last (4) digits of your SSN - keep in mind, the last (4) numbers are worthless to an identity thief - the whole thing would be required to execute any kind of fraud.

I hope this answers some of the FAQs!!

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
No cell phone here.
Would a copy of my social security check work? /s

I wish I had a good alternative to the cell phone, but at this time we don't have any other option. One possible workaround is for you to borrow a cell phone, OR - call someone on your landland line, provide their cell phone, and then retrieve the (4) digit code from them. I hope that makes sense?

SeniorBoy

VapeFight.com Founder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
vapefight.com
Thank you young man :)

Sounds like an efficient and secure procedure with a trusted third party.

For the benefit of others: The FDA Final Rule lacks specific details on exactly how a given vendor must deploy "age verification" on the WWW. So vendors must choose a procedure that they think will pass muster with our close friends at the FDA. In this case, I'm quite confident that NT will be fine with the FDA.

phephner

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2012
SF Bay Area
Finally, for those concerned about providing the last (4) digits of your SSN - keep in mind, the last (4) numbers are worthless to an identity thief - the whole thing would be required to execute any kind of fraud.
While I'm sure your site's security system is top notch, you shouldn't be making so cavalier a statement, as it is not true. As an ID theft victim, I can assure you that a persistent ID thief can do real damage with as little as a name, an address and those four digits. While the risk may be low, it does exist and to suggest otherwise is careless.

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
While I'm sure your site's security system is top notch, you shouldn't be making so cavalier a statement, as it is not true. As an ID theft victim, I can assure you that a persistent ID thief can do real damage with as little as a name, an address and those four digits. While the risk may be low, it does exist and to suggest otherwise is careless.

Thank you for your candid feedback! In any case, we're doing the best we can for our customers. We take PCI compliance seriously. From the research we have done, this is a bare minimum to meet FDA requirements -- all reputable vendors in the industry should be requesting similar data effective on the 8th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread