Status
Not open for further replies.

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
I've also liked Highbrow, though it's been a while since I've vaped any.
One really nice thing about them is they post on their website the ingredients of each juice. (I'm not a big fan of regulations, but when I buy some food item I want to see the ingredients, and I hope that eventually eliquids will do the same.)

I just received some Highbrow juices. Wanted some simple fruits in my inventory, so I ordered Eve's Apple, Watermelon and Pure Pear.
I'll let you all know how they are when I get around to trying them, but they smell great.

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
I've also liked Highbrow, though it's been a while since I've vaped any.
One really nice thing about them is they post on their website the ingredients of each juice. (I'm not a big fan of regulations, but when I buy some food item I want to see the ingredients, and I hope that eventually eliquids will do the same.)

I just received some Highbrow juices. Wanted some simple fruits in my inventory, so I ordered Eve's Apple, Watermelon and Pure Pear.
I'll let you all know how they are when I get around to trying them, but they smell great.

Oh good! I can't wait to hear how you like them. If I remember correctly, the Peach Thymbra was good to go straight from the mail, so you might want to try them before steeping them once you have time.

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
I've got some Turkish Delight juice for my father in law, but I want to get him a couple of other tobacco juices as well. He said he doesn't want anything that's very sweet. I remember liking Just Criminal many moons ago and liking it, so I'll try it. What is another AHL tobacco that has a nice flavor, but isn't overly sweet?

Reactions: Skold

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
I've got some Turkish Delight juice for my father in law, but I want to get him a couple of other tobacco juices as well. He said he doesn't want anything that's very sweet. I remember liking Just Criminal many moons ago and liking it, so I'll try it. What is another AHL tobacco that has a nice flavor, but isn't overly sweet?
SHIPWRECK!!!

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
Oh good! I can't wait to hear how you like them. If I remember correctly, the Peach Thymbra was good to go straight from the mail, so you might want to try them before steeping them once you have time.
I'll certainly post my opinions, when I try them.
But, I think I'll do that in the Gourmet thread. Don't want to do it here, since I'm a fan of Ahl, and don't think it's right to continue discussions about other vendors here.

NotSoMini

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2014
It has been a while since I tried anything new from AHL. I have some points expiring that I would like to use however it is not a big deal if I can’t find something.

I am looking for feedback on Turkish Delight , Katarina and Soiree. Katarina — I generally do not like elqiuids that contain a booze flavor. Taste being subjective how much of the rum do you taste?

On the otherhand I am concerned about the recent post that most of their eliquids contain sucralose. I am extremely sensitive to sucralose as it mute flavors to my taste buds so it ends up tasting very sweet with no flavor and sometimes the unpleasant mouth aftertaste it leaves. If anyone has tried the above three flavors and is or can be sensitive to sucralose, please chime in. I am not referring to sucralose being a chemical but more about taste.

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
It has been a while since I tried anything new from AHL. I have some points expiring that I would like to use however it is not a big deal if I can’t find something.

I am looking for feedback on Turkish Delight , Katarina and Soiree. Katarina — I generally do not like elqiuids that contain a booze flavor. Taste being subjective how much of the rum do you taste?

On the otherhand I am concerned about the recent post that most of their eliquids contain sucralose. I am extremely sensitive to sucralose as it mute flavors to my taste buds so it ends up tasting very sweet with no flavor and sometimes the unpleasant mouth aftertaste it leaves. If anyone has tried the above three flavors and is or can be sensitive to sucralose, please chime in. I am not referring to sucralose being a chemical but more about taste.

My understanding of what Poeia posted about AHL liquids and sucralose is that AHL liquids do not contain sucralose, but they contain some sucrose, which comes from sugar cane, and is commonly known as sugar. Sucralose is an artificial sweetener.

Turkish Delight is a very good juice. I get the hints of Apple, but other than it being a clean-tasting, pleasant flavor, I didn't taste much caramel. I'll reorder.

I get a hint of the rum flavor in the Katarina and that's it. I wish it the rum flavor and the peach flavor were a bit more pronounced. It's a nice flavor, but it's not a reorder for me unless it changes during extended steeping.

Soiree is delicious! The next time I place an order with AHL, I'll get a big bottle of Soiree, because I've been burning through the 30 ml bottle like crazy!

NotSoMini

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2014
Thanks JW1 — I do know the difference and this was an intentional slip on my part. Soiree for sure however can’t decide about Turkish Delight as this sounds like a light flavor. Too bad about Katarina. I have only tried one peach flavor in the past but can’t remember about steep time.

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Thanks JW1 — I do know the difference and this was an intentional slip on my part. Soiree for sure however can’t decide about Turkish Delight as this sounds like a light flavor. Too bad about Katarina. I have only tried one peach flavor in the past but can’t remember about steep time.

Turkish Delight is a light flavor, but it's a good one.

Everyone else who has tried Katarina and posted about it here has loved it and didn't agree with me about it. I love peach and mango juices so much that I probably prefer juices in which they are the star of the show, rather than in an ensemble cast. Katarina is a very complex juice, not one in which peach is the star, so my assessment of it may well be different than yours.

Some of my favorite AHL juices are:

Mango Lassi (mango yogurt), Moonlight Serenade (peach & mango), Sapphire (blueberry), Soiree, Kiwi Sea (kiwi & coconut), Fijian Nights (Coconut, banana, pineapple, vanilla), Calypso (guava) & Lychee Coconut Smoothie.

Last edited:
Reactions: LouisLeBeau

y cherry y

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Ypsilanti, MI

For dry and tobacco-like, Sahara Blend and Neutral are probably the best.

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia

I do not think AHL uses sucralose

Reactions: LouisLeBeau

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
I do not think AHL uses sucralose
They don't. As Wlad e-mailed me when I enquired about sweetener, they use some sucrose (aka sugar) to elevate flavors as needed.

They don't use artificial sweeteners such as sucralose (Splenda) or aspartame (Nutrasweet) or alternative natural sweeteners such as maltol or Stevia.

PennyLynn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2014
Rockledge, FL, USA
Hi guys!
Just here to post a quick update on moi.
I'm all done with chemo (I had to do a full year of one drug, Herceptin)! I had one bad side effect, which led to others: the skin in the area where I got radiation degraded into a wound. Now I'm getting hyperbaric oxygen therapy and I have a biologic dressing on the wound. And just recently my blood pressure jumped. Seeing a doctor today about that.
Otherwise, all fine. Food tastes great again, I'm getting a trim tomorrow for my weirdly uneven new hair, and all I can say about the oxygen treatment is that it's pretty boring -- you lay in the chamber for two hours, watch TV or a movie...and think about needing to pee LOL. I've had to harshly limit my drinks intake before I go, and then chug my coffee when I get home.

Last edited:

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
Hi guys!
Just here to post a quick update on moi.
I'm all done with chemo (I had to do a full year of one drug, Herceptin)! I had one bad side effect, which led to others: the skin in the area where I got radiation degraded into a wound. Now I'm getting hyperbaric oxygen therapy and I have a biologic dressing on the wound. And just recently my blood pressure jumped. Seeing a doctor today about that.
Otherwise, all fine. Food tastes great again, I'm getting a trim tomorrow for my weirdly uneven new hair, and all I can say about the oxygen treatment is that it's pretty boring -- you lay in the chamber for two hours, watch TV or a movie...and think about needing to pee LOL. I've had to harshly limit my drinks intake before I go, and then chug my coffee when I get home.
Sounds crummy -- except when you compare it to what it could have been. In that case, yay hyperbaric oxygen and weird hair.

Congratulations!

PennyLynn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2014
Rockledge, FL, USA
Anxiety! That may have been the reason for my blood pressure jump. I'm taking Clonozapam, in addition to two different blood pressure meds (temporarily - I go back in two weeks), and already my numbers were way down this morning. I am SO glad I asked for something...I have been feeling jumpy and nervous for several weeks and I really feel the difference. It even made the "having-to-pee" a little less uncomfortable today.

PennyLynn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2014
Rockledge, FL, USA
Hi, fellow AHL lovers!
Happy to announce I've completed 29 treatments, and only have 11 left. Blood pressure good with the help of my meds (the diuretic even lost me about five pounds), and although my initial wound is healing beautifully, my second and smaller one, right next to it, has a ways to go. The pain is much less and I can get away with a lot fewer pain meds.
Nothing new has popped up and I'm hoping that this will be the very last of my "side effects of side effects"!
These days I'm all about two of my tried-and-trues: LimeLight and Jump 'N' Jive...with major mint, of course!

LouisLeBeau

Shenaniganery Jedi! Too naughty for Sin Bin
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Hi, fellow AHL lovers!
Happy to announce I've completed 29 treatments, and only have 11 left. Blood pressure good with the help of my meds (the diuretic even lost me about five pounds), and although my initial wound is healing beautifully, my second and smaller one, right next to it, has a ways to go. The pain is much less and I can get away with a lot fewer pain meds.
Nothing new has popped up and I'm hoping that this will be the very last of my "side effects of side effects"!
These days I'm all about two of my tried-and-trues: LimeLight and Jump 'N' Jive...with major mint, of course!

Very glad to hear you are coming along well, Penny! I hear you about pain meds. I'm not particularly fond of them to begin with, and reading so many tales of addiction makes them seem pretty scary to me. I hope you are off them soon!

Sounds like you are on a lime kick right now. I'm all about the strawberries atm.. lol. Things sure have been quiet on the Ahlusion front.

PennyLynn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2014
Rockledge, FL, USA
Very glad to hear you are coming along well, Penny! I hear you about pain meds. I'm not particularly fond of them to begin with, and reading so many tales of addiction makes them seem pretty scary to me. I hope you are off them soon!

Sounds like you are on a lime kick right now. I'm all about the strawberries atm.. lol. Things sure have been quiet on the Ahlusion front.

I think I gave you the wrong impression. I actually meant Tylenol! I do have some of the prescription stuff, but I try to use that as seldom as possible, maybe two or three times a week. I had been taking Tylenol as often as recommended, and not just for the injury -- the bandage has actually been so annoying! It's halfway across my chest and into my underarm area. Itchy and twitchy. The nurses started using a top tape layer that looks like plastic wrap and it's much less uncomfortable.
I do like Strawberry Snap; that covers both our loves!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread