Not open for further replies.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
I'm not "hostile," I'm curious.

:unsure:

I tend to look at these things from a sociological point of view, so perhaps I come off as a bit chilly. If, so, I'm sorry. The Ahlusion phenomenon strikes me as interesting, and also a bit baffling. That's really all there is to it.

I'm sorry. Sincerely sorry that the post I made sounded like it was directed at you. My first intent was to try to explain the devotion to a particular vendor over others. Unfortunately it digressed into my little mini rant that had nothing to do with you, just the hostility I've been sensing and seeing in the threads lately. Please accept my apology.

It's not them, it's me. Many are very fond of the Boba's. Oddly, I like the real thing, tapioca balls and all but I'm not enthusiastic about the vape despite its' being quite correct.

This, exactly what some people really should understand about juices. It's not the juice, it's my perception of the flavor that is the problem. Why should I blame the juice? What may seem blech to me is a vapegasm to others.

Sorry to interrupt the thread, it truly wasn't my attention.

Happy vaping whatever makes you happy :)

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
Ever find a perfect match as far as juice delivery system when you are down to the last couple ml of a juice. Sasparilla has been an awesome juice for me in the 901 that has paired nice with it. Decided to finish off the last of the bottle on my current HH357 and wow, spiciness is coming out I didn't notice before. C'est la vie. Until we meet again dear Sas.

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2

djbeckett

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
DALLAS, TEXAS
dallastexas.ezhoster.com
Yeah, same thing here. I'm over it. Not worth the time spent already.

I am glad that Ahlusion is doing well; I understand their need to limit orders. I'll keep trying.

Have you tried Heathers Heavenly vapes? Oh, they have the best NET tobacco juice (5-7 days time to get to your mailbox). Huntsman, Legend and dark horse are my favorites. Goodejuice has some superb NET tobaccos, also. Highbrow exotic blend is excellent.

I'm sorry if I've re-posted stuff that you've heard 100 times before......

Last edited:

Kropotkin

ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Maine
The super sweet Robino said:
I'm sorry. Sincerely sorry that the post I made sounded like it was directed at you. . .
Oh, gosh. Don't apologize.

I've been posting here for months, and really ought to have realized by now that certain topics require super delicate handling. (I once implied - quite calmly, I thought - that perhaps there were functional mods in the universe besides the ProVari, and was summarily branded a "hater" with a surprisingly large number of brand new enemies.)

:)

In other news: I just received a new Ahlusion order this morning, and must say that I'm quite in love with the pretty cobalt glass bottles. I'm terrible .... for good design, I'm afraid, and these really are spiffy.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
I think the letter seems fair

I guess I"m seeing what cherry is seeing. WHY would a vendor sell you the flavoring to make it possible for you to make the exact same juice they are in business to SELL?

If that were the case, I could ask copper creek to send me the flavoring to make house blend, and vape house blend for about 1/8th the price they charge on their site, by simply mixing that flavoring with my PG/VG. Then, if everyone did that, CC would be out of business.

Smooth criminal ELIQUID is one of Ahlusion's products. I'm sure it is a mixture of many different flavorings, which took R&D and testing to create and develop.

I doubt Alien Visons would want people making Boba's Bounty either. They sell it. They don't give you the opportunity to DIY it all in one simple little bottle. If you wanted to DIY it, you would have to put in the time, effort, testing, and tweaking to try to approximate it, and some people actually do try. It is not easy.

The flavorings that Ahlusions sells, that are their own flavorings, are not the "full recipe" for their juices. Their juices are a mixture of flavorings. If you want to buy their flavorings, you still have to R&D and create your very own recipes with it. So it makes sense they would sell that, just like any other DIY flavorings that other places sell.

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
I guess I"m seeing what cherry is seeing. WHY would a vendor sell you the flavoring to make it possible for you to make the exact same juice they are in business to SELL?

If that were the case, I could ask copper creek to send me the flavoring to make house blend, and vape house blend for about 1/8th the price they charge on their site, by simply mixing that flavoring with my PG/VG. Then, if everyone did that, CC would be out of business.

Actually, a lot of vendors do sell their extracts and concentrates. A vendor isn't going to go out of business for having that option. Want2Vape has sold most of their flavors as concentrates too for a long time, but I'm sure the majority of their business is from the premixed versions because DIY is much more a fringe market than people wanting a finished product.

MyVapeJuice also sells a bunch of concentrates, including the extracts from their line of NETs and the variations. It's aimed at the DIYers and I'm sure they are making money instead of losing money on it.

As for your Copper Creek example, if they decided to sell all their flavors as concentrates to I don't see how that would make them be out of business, unless suddenly everybody wanted to DIY and they sold the concetrate at a loss, neither of which would be true.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Actually, a lot of vendors do sell their extracts and concentrates. A vendor isn't going to go out of business for having that option. Want2Vape has sold most of their flavors as concentrates too for a long time, but I'm sure the majority of their business is from the premixed versions because DIY is much more a fringe market than people wanting a finished product.

Jerms, I don't think we are on the same page here. I fully realize that Want2Vape sells flavor concentrates.

They do NOT sell make-your-own Alcazar Cigar flavoring. They do not sell make-your-won Vapenstein London flavoring. They do not sell make-your-own The Blonde.

That is because they would have to bottle the exact recipes for their juices.

I know of NO DIY vendor who does this.

Yes, I can buy kona coffee, and kona cream from natures flavors. And caramel. But I would have to figure out exactly how to mix these, and in what quantities, and what other secret ingredients were necessary to actually make my own virgin vapors kona coffee milkshake. I can buy graham cracker flavoring, and some other stuff, and try to make Boba's Bounty. But I can't buy "boba's bounty flavoring" already mixed up.

So a vendor might sell some tobacco flavorings, and some spice flavorings, but they are not going to sell you the "actual" Smooth Criminal flavoring to make that specific juice. Because Smooth Criminal is one of their creations....it is a recipe of many different flavorings.

Do you see the difference here?

YES, places like Decadent Vapors and many other vendors sell flavorings. If they have a certain "ejuice product" that they sell however, that is popular, they don't bottle it as a flavoring. I can't even imagine Ahlusions, or AVE or anyone else actually DOING that.

Last edited:

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
Jerms, I don't think we are on the same page here. I fully realize that Want2Vape sells flavor concentrates.

They do NOT sell make-your-own Alcazar Cigar flavoring. They do not sell make-your-won Vapenstein London flavoring. They do not sell make-your-own The Blonde.

That is because they would have to bottle the exact recipes for their juices.

I know of NO DIY vendor who does this.

Take a closer look at the flavorings that W2V sells. No, they don't sell their NETs, but the others they sell are the finished recipes to their other tobacco and non-tobacco products. MyVapeJuice also sells the exact recipe of their products, and the first to do that with NETs too. You can get My Hero Vanilla premixed or in concentrate form, along with their other NETs. They are not a DIY vendor, just a regular mix to order vendor who also sells their recipes as concentrates.

I know most vendors don't, but some do. I can see why it wouldn't be feesible for Ahlusion, but their reason for not I'm guessing would be more do to there process rather than fear of losing profit. The person who inquired Ahlusion about it wasn't asking a rediculous question like some have suggested, how is he to know Ahlusion's specific business model? Since some other vendors sell their recipes as concentrates what's the harm in him asking if Ahlusion will do it?

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Take a closer look at the flavorings that W2V sells. No, they don't sell their NETs, but the others they sell are the finished recipes to their other tobacco and non-tobacco products. MyVapeJuice also sells the exact recipe of their products, and the first to do that with NETs too. You can get My Hero Vanilla premixed or in concentrate form, along with their other NETs. They are not a DIY vendor, just a regular mix to order vendor who also sells their recipes as concentrates.

I see. Thank you for the example.

So what do you think the answer would be if we asked the top selling 15 juice vendors why they don't just bottle the already-mixed flavoring to make their most popular ejuices?

Seems like the bottles would be smaller, shipping would be cheaper for the customers, and there would be less employees needed to custom mix all the stuff they send out. And they'd most likely sell a TON of it, so how can that many smart business people be missing out on such a fantastic selling opportunity?

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo

So what do you think the answer would be if we asked the top selling 15 juice vendors why they don't just bottle the already-mixed flavoring to make their most popular ejuices?

Seems like the bottles would be smaller, shipping would be cheaper for the customers, and there would be less employees needed to custom mix all the stuff they send out. And they'd most likely sell a TON of it, so how can that many smart business people be missing out on such a fantastic selling opportunity?

I think you're going on some false assumptions about how many people would jump on the chance to DIY with a vendor's flavors. It's such a fringe market is why most vendors don't even offer it (just my guess). Being on the ecf forum, it may see that a high percentage of ecig users DIY, but I'm willing to bet less than 1% of all vapers mix their own liquid. It's not as simple as buying the concetrate and adding pg to it; you need also buy your own nicotine concentrate and learn how to measure out the correct ratios for a proper end product. It's not extremely difficult to learn, but more than what most do.

MyVapeJuice has terrific NETs, but I still buy the ready made instead of the concentrates. Juice is cheap enough and I have no desire to mix up my own batches of the stuff when I can pay a little more for them to do it for me. The concentrates would appeal to me more if I only vaped one juice so it would make sense to make a batch of it, but they still would be making a profit off me having to keep buying the concentrate.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
I think you're going on some false assumptions about how many people would jump on the chance to DIY with a vendor's flavors.

That is a distinct possibility. :)

anyway:

What is the new Ahlusions minty creamy juice they just came out with? I lost my bookmark for that, sounded RIGHT up my alley. :)

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
That is a distinct possibility. :)

anyway:

What is the new Ahlusions minty creamy juice they just came out with? I lost my bookmark for that, sounded RIGHT up my alley. :)

It's also a possibility I am too. I'm really just speculating, I tend to be wrong more than right so take it what it's worth, about 2 cents.

Ice Kiss! I can't wait to try that after I go through my 30ml of Sleighride.

daniele25

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
phoenix
The new creamy mint is called Ice Kiss & it is awesome....vaping some right now...and some Shamrock in another device...I am in heaven again!! :D

How would you compare the 2? I have Shamrock on the way....and just recently fell in love with Sleighride. Definitely interested in the new Ice Kiss flavor as well. What do you think some of the differences are?

tyleris12

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2010
Michigan
How would you compare the 2? I have Shamrock on the way....and just recently fell in love with Sleighride. Definitely interested in the new Ice Kiss flavor as well. What do you think some of the differences are?

Shamrock was one of the first juices I fell in love with from Ahlusion last year. It is like a minty milkshake, but definetly different from sleighride. More like McD's shake..kind of...very distinct. I terrible at describing flavor, sorry! :facepalm:

The Ice Kiss is a much more mellow mint than Sleigride, with a smooth creamy mix. Ahlusion does such a great job with their mixes & each of those flavors are very different, yet taste amazing! I think you will be very happy with both the Shamrock & the Ice Kiss tho. :)

Jingles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2011
Ohio
I went out on a limb yesterday and ordered 30 mls. of Ice Kiss. I already love Sleigh Ride, so I'm pretty sure I'll love Ice Kiss too. This is the first time I've went straight for a 30ml. bottle with Ahlusion without trying a 10 ml. first. I also ordered the St. Patty's Shamrock which I should have ordered in my order from 3/04, so I'd have it for St. Patty's Day. Oh well, I'm sure it will still be good after the 17th.

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011

Depending on how things play out with the FDA, I suspect there might be a big market for this.

Apptiger

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2012
West Central Florida
Depending on how things play out with the FDA, I suspect there might be a big market for this.

Would agree. Only question is will the nic juice/ pg/vg be outlawed or banned from over the counter or internet type bulk sales. Things could be very different in a couple of months.

Think I have some of that Ice Kiss coming (sample). That is if you fine folks don't buy it all first....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread