Not open for further replies.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
PG and VG will never be outlawed. The federal drug administration has no authority over them as they are not drugs.

I agree. They can't ban PG, VG, flavorings, or hardware. They can only ban (or tax, which seems much more likely) nicotine. Period. I have a feeling that they just want a piece of that pie. But I may be wrong; happened before. :D

McGarnagle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
PG and VG will never be outlawed. The federal drug administration has no authority over them as they are not drugs.

It's the FOOD and drug administration, and yes, they do have authority over things US citizens consume (such as things like dietary supplements that are not actual foods). It may not be outlawed, but much more regulation is a definite possibility or outlawing it for human consumption (which would mean lots of suppliers would then sell as a non consumable and all the problems that comes with it).

Last edited:

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
Anyone have any inside info on the Dulce Cubanito, mainly when it may be released? Looks like they will be selling it in 10ml, 30ml, and 60ml, so that would mean not in the aromatic category. So maybe non-aromatic or even a new tobacco category for cigar extracts. A cigar line would be amazing, but hoping this one is available soon.

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
It's the FOOD and drug administration, and yes, they do have authority over things US citizens consume (such as things like dietary supplements that are not actual foods). It may not be outlawed, but much more regulation is a definite possibility or outlawing it for human consumption (which would mean lots of suppliers would then sell as a non consumable and all the problems that comes with it).

They can't ban PG; it's widely used in many everyday products, especially cosmetics.

PG also happens to be the main ingredient in Nicorette QuickMist, manufactured by Johnson & Johnson. As a matter of fact, QuickMist contains the same ingredients as eliquid: PG, nicotine and flavorings. Except that QuickMist is recommended for adults and adolescents 12 yo and older. I'm not kidding.

McGarnagle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
They can't ban PG; it's widely used in many everyday products, especially cosmetics.

PG also happens to be the main ingredient in Nicorette QuickMist, manufactured by Johnson & Johnson. As a matter of fact, QuickMist contains the same ingredients as eliquid: PG, nicotine and flavorings. Except that QuickMist is recommended for adults and adolescents 12 yo and older. I'm not kidding.

I stated use for human consumption, not use altogether. I am not saying this is likely to happen. I am just stating the FDA can essentially ban a substance for use in products that are supposed to be used for human consumption. Of course then vendors can just put a big statement saying "not intended to be consumed" or something like that. Yet that brings all kinds of other issues, and the only vendors willing to tempt fate will often be rather shady.

Plus, in the end, lawmakers can outlaw whatever they feel like as long as it's Constitutional.

Don't get me wrong. I am not saying PG or VG will be outlawed. Yet I do think the FDA will institute regulations, and juice makers will need to meet those regulations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread