Air Travel and the Personal Vaporizer FAQ and Blog!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone,

I have recently had a flood of PM's with questions about vaping on planes, in airports, security, ect... Most of these questions have been answered here on the travel forum, but I understand the search function can take awhile to get the hang of.

I decided to start a blog here at ECF! Just an inside view of air travel and the PV from an International Flight Attendant. I'll talk about my personal experiences and what Ive been able to find out from others in the industry, as well as post FAQ's and trip reports with my experiences while vaping on different airlines, hotels, airports, and countries.

Of course, I will continue to post in the forums, but this is just a chance to get some extra information, and read about some crazy experiences Ive had while vaping out on the road! Im just getting started, but I will update as often as I can.

I just added the first entry- An Introduction, and who is this RIAFlight25 guy???

Check it out!

Safe Travels!!!

ErikNYC

Jul 9, 2009
Melbourne FL
TSO in MCO. There is also a supplier who works with me. He doesnt have his site on this board yet though.

I travel almost every week out of MCO :) Im sure at one point you did a bag check on me. Im the jerk with all the funky electronics in his carry on ;)

on a side note, Im STILL ...... about CLEAR going under :(

Anyway, Ive been wondering what you guys (the TSA) know about e-cigs? So far Ive been keeping my ecig in the pen pockets of my briefcase and the juice in my "311" baggie. Im just waiting for the day when a TSA looks at either the device itself or the juice and questions it.

radiokaos

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
www.aromaejuice.com
If you have any questions about security in US airports feel free to contact me. I work for TSA so I should be able to answer just about all your questions.

Sorry but I think I would rather take input from a Pilot or Crew member over a TSA agent any day. ;) Plus RIAflight 25 is a cool dude.

Last edited:

13ways

ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2009
Orlando, FL
Erik if you got bag check from an overweight sarcastic officer whose uniform doesnt fit too well (I've been losing weight) then that would be me. Im there from 10am till 8pm so chances are I'm there when you are.

Radiokaos, to each their own and I understand there are a lot of people that have a stigma about TSA and hate everything involved with the administration. All I am doing is offering assistance not belittling others who are doing the same thing. I am actually rather used to people not liking me simply because of the job I do. It kind of comes with working for the second most hated agency in America. We have not quite surpassed the IRS but we are working hard and one day we hope to take that top spot (bottom spot?). I think actual cavity searches and not just hinting at them would do the trick.

*edit because I forgot to answer Eriks question about what we know*
In MCO we actually know quite a bit because of one of our own being a supplier and talking to everyone about them. We know what they are, how they work and some of us know what they look like on xray. West checkpoint does I should say. I do not work on the East side and therefor do not know how much they actually know about them.

Last edited:
Reactions: awoodby

13ways

ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2009
Orlando, FL
on a side note, Im STILL ...... about CLEAR going under :(
Yeah they screwed their employees when they went under to. They didn't give any warning they just told them at the end of their shift that they were out of a job. It makes me mad that a company would do that seeing as they had to have known a long time before then that it was coming.

WILDJC

ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2009
New York
Erik if you got bag check from an overweight sarcastic officer whose uniform doesnt fit too well (I've been losing weight) then that would be me. Im there from 10am till 8pm so chances are I'm there when you are.

Radiokaos, to each their own and I understand there are a lot of people that have a stigma about TSA and hate everything involved with the administration. All I am doing is offering assistance not belittling others who are doing the same thing. I am actually rather used to people not liking me simply because of the job I do. It kind of comes with working for the second most hated agency in America. We have not quite surpassed the IRS but we are working hard and one day we hope to take that top spot (bottom spot?). I think actual cavity searches and not just hinting at them would do the trick.

*edit because I forgot to answer Eriks question about what we know*
In MCO we actually know quite a bit because of one of our own being a supplier and talking to everyone about them. We know what they are, how they work and some of us know what they look like on xray. West checkpoint does I should say. I do not work on the East side and therefor do not know how much they actually know about them.

13 Ways is correct in his assertions. Most of us in the TSA are hard working average joe's that are very sympathetic to the traveling public. We are here to protect the traveling public and believe it or not, there are some really bad seeds that get intercepted by us. I for one would be glad not to have some of these characters flying on my flight.

I work at ISP and I have met a fellow vaper from this forum at my airport. I invite any of you to please look me up if you ever come through my airport and I will ensure your experience will be a pleasant one.

SLDS181

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2009
Western NJ
13 Ways is correct in his assertions. Most of us in the TSA are hard working average joe's that are very sympathetic to the traveling public. We are here to protect the traveling public and believe it or not, there are some really bad seeds that get intercepted by us. I for one would be glad not to have some of these characters flying on my flight.

I work at ISP and I have met a fellow vaper from this forum at my airport. I invite any of you to please look me up if you ever come through my airport and I will ensure your experience will be a pleasant one.

I usually get shoved onto a plane for work out of JFK - but if I ever go out of ISP, I'll definitely send you a pm first :D

Sorry but I think I would rather take input from a Pilot or Crew member over a TSA agent any day. ;) Plus RIAflight 25 is a cool dude.

Aww Shucks Radio, I just do what I can! ;-)

I do have to add, Im sure TSA may be able to give insight on areas that my knowlege is lacking. In a way, these guys have a tough job... the ones that have to disappoint you to keep you safe.

For the most part Im in the same position... There are a lot of things I have to enforce that make my passengers unhappy, but in the long run its all about their saftey. Sometimes it jsut sucks to always be the bad guy.

To all you TSA personell, A big thanks from the flight crews for helping to keep us safer every day we work!

Also I know Ive been slacking, but I promise to update the blog soon! Ive been flooded with trips the past two weeks. Been back and forth across the Atlantic 5 times in the past two weeks! 8-o

Again, thanks for the props Radiokaos!

Safe travels!!!

Koman

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2010
lv
Yeah they screwed their employees when they went under to. They didn't give any warning they just told them at the end of their shift that they were out of a job. It makes me mad that a company would do that seeing as they had to have known a long time before then that it was coming.

Damn, that sucks :(

Mr_Phil

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2010
Lubbock, Texas, United States

Dude. That was harsh.

... All I am doing is offering assistance not belittling others who are doing the same thing. I am actually rather used to people not liking me simply because of the job I do. It kind of comes with working for the second most hated agency in America. We have not quite surpassed the IRS but we are working hard ....

:toast: Well done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread