Travel and Vaping Airline Specifically Prohibits Use of Ecigs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glam

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2011
La Salle, Illinois
Just got back from Vegas on Friday evening, and in the little spiel at the beginning of the flight, the stewardess announced that "Smoking and use of tobacco products, INCLUDING E CIGARETTES, are prohibited on this airplane." I was surprised as that is the first time I have heard them refer specifically to e cigarettes.

redbucket

ECF Veteran
Nov 18, 2011
USA
Huh. Well, that is new, and a little concerning. But only a little. Even as a daily vapor, I would be a little concerned if a cloud of vapor popped up a few rows ahead of me on a flight without warning. If they were allowed and you were to use one, the etiquette required would be to stand up, announce to the airplane you use a PV, explain what a PV is, then sit down and use it. And that'd be really freaking annoying for everyone.

There was a guy in the first row at the movie theater who was vaping a couple weeks ago. I got up to ask him to stop, but an usher beat me to it. Seriously? It's distracting. Just because it's safe doesn't mean it should be done everywhere. Nice cloud of vapor though, I tried to catch him afterword to ask what PV he was using but lost him in the crowd.

Glam

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2011
La Salle, Illinois
I had no desire or intention to vape on the plane....I do not vape where people cannot smoke. I was just surprised that vaping was specifically mentioned. That, to me, is saying that vaping is coming more and more into its own and we will increasingly see stands being taken on whether to allow it or not. Probably not where smoking is prohibited. Non smokers will never accept vaping in their midst...their mindset will not allow it.

redbucket

ECF Veteran
Nov 18, 2011
USA
I just flew Southwest (last week) - no mention of e-cigs.
I vaped on the plane, in my seat, palming my box mod and using the 'double-inhalation' stealth technique ;)

Huh, cool. I'm sure it's been widely discussed in the forum, but this is the first I've heard of the 'double-inhalation' stealth technique. I tried it (didn't read a manual or anything, but was pretty self explanatory) and it works amazing. Easy to have virtually no vapor.

Haven't had the need to super stealth vape yet, but may some day, so thank you for this valuable information!

erich

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I just flew Southwest (last week) - no mention of e-cigs.
I vaped on the plane, in my seat, palming my box mod and using the 'double-inhalation' stealth technique ;)

Totally. The ability to avoid being deprived for the entirety of a 5hr. flight is one of the nicest things about vaping, IMO. I don't remember how I figured out the double-inhalation technique... this is the first I've heard of it referred to as such, but totally works. I would think the airline industry would be loving ecigs and selling disposables for $25 in-flight. Trying to prohibit them on planes is a perfect example of the anti-smoking zealots overreacting. "It *looks* like smoking, so I don't like it. Case closed."

Glam

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2011
La Salle, Illinois
Good thinking, Mooreted...by mentioning e cigs, they could spark curiousity as to why they were mentioned at all. Growing exposure should result in growing popularity. A lot of smokers still do not know about these. Maybe we should all bring out our p.v.s on the planes....just to get vaping free advertisement in their "prohibited on this plane" spiel.:D

I do not think it will ever be allowed because of the restricted space on an airplane. On the Vegas trip (Allegiant Air) we were crammed in there like cattle...I would not have even considered stealth vaping. AND nothing was free....even sodas and water were $2. I did not have enough room to raise a glass or can without hitting my neighbor in the face with my elbow...I can't imagine trying to vape on that plane!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread