Travel and Vaping Airline Specifically Prohibits Use of Ecigs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hangwire

Nov 4, 2011
Houston
...this is the first I've heard of the 'double-inhalation' stealth technique. I tried it (didn't read a manual or anything, but was pretty self explanatory) and it works amazing. Easy to have virtually no vapor.

The second I read that I tried it. Holy crap, that is really amazing. I also don't really have a need to stealth vape regularly (can vape all I want at home and work) but I imagine it might come in handy at some point. Might also be handy in exhibiting to someone that it IS NOT smoke. Pretty sure you can't do that with a cigarette (though I'm not going to go buy some to find out for sure).

Turnip

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2011
Australia
I flew United a few weeks ago and only one of my four flights mentioned anything other than smoking. On that one, the prohibited acts mentioned included e-cigs and all forms of smokeless tobacco

How could that ban be justified? can smokeless tobacco affect anyone-am I missing something here?
perhaps they should then also ban those weird little inhalers, nicotine patches, and asthma puffers while theyre at it,

bobthesalesclerk

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2010
Pittsburgh
Huh. Well, that is new, and a little concerning. But only a little. Even as a daily vapor, I would be a little concerned if a cloud of vapor popped up a few rows ahead of me on a flight without warning. If they were allowed and you were to use one, the etiquette required would be to stand up, announce to the airplane you use a PV, explain what a PV is, then sit down and use it. And that'd be really freaking annoying for everyone.

There was a guy in the first row at the movie theater who was vaping a couple weeks ago. I got up to ask him to stop, but an usher beat me to it. Seriously? It's distracting. Just because it's safe doesn't mean it should be done everywhere. Nice cloud of vapor though, I tried to catch him afterword to ask what PV he was using but lost him in the crowd.

Anytime I am somewhere I don't feel vaping would be appropriate I stealth vape. Just because I use a pv doesn't mean I'm going to be a .... hole about it. If someone was vaping in a theatre and blowing clouds of vapor up at the screen I would have asked him to stop as well. When I am at a theatre I hold my hits in and blow them down do no one can see it.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Turnip

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2011
Australia
I'm wondering what it is as well...

Hi there are some utube videos explaining the technique, its basically using juice with mainly PG, (the less VG the less vapour)
then taking an inhale, holding that in, then doing another inhale before exhaling-
(I need to practise more, the vapour escapes no matter what I do...leaks out of my ears I suspect.)

Killjoy1

Ω Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
New Hampshire, US
How could that ban be justified? can smokeless tobacco affect anyone-am I missing something here?

At work the tobacco policy includes smokeless tobacco and it cannot be used in the building for a few pathetic reasons and probably several reasons that aren't publicly stated. I expect the reasonings are much the same for the airlines, but I can't comment since I don't work for an airline and cannot speak definitively on that

erich

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2011
Atlanta, GA
perhaps they should then also ban those weird little inhalers, nicotine patches, and asthma puffers while theyre at it,

I assume the first time the flight attendants were handed a dip cup the problem of justification took care of itself...

nu2this

Jan 17, 2012
Wichita
I had no desire or intention to vape on the plane....I do not vape where people cannot smoke. I was just surprised that vaping was specifically mentioned. That, to me, is saying that vaping is coming more and more into its own and we will increasingly see stands being taken on whether to allow it or not. Probably not where smoking is prohibited. Non smokers will never accept vaping in their midst...their mindset will not allow it.

Not necessarily true regarding nonsmokers. Many of my nonsmoking friends accept it even in their vehicles. I always ask first, of course.

HarmonyPB

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2011
Houston, Texas, USA
www.facebook.com
I know this is an old thread...but since it's back :)

I've never heard it mentioned, but I've seen this on Southwest airplanes since June 2011

IMAG1131.jpg

IMAG1129.jpg

Luckily my flights weren't long enough to warrant a trip to the lavatory to vape. I would've been scared to death!

Rocketman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
SouthEastern Louisiana
I've taken a few hits from my e-cig on a plane in the past but would have put it away if asked to. Blowing out this proven harmless vapor to be circulated to a couple hundred people would only be beneficial to them. Vaping can't harm you, it's proven.

And my e-cigs don't use a high frequency switching regulator so it can't interfere with LF radio equipment or 'differential GPS signals'. If the pilot pays attention to the road he doesn't need all those instruments anyway. It's not like a big battery boost mod puts out as much RF as a CB radio. I doubt one could put out as much as a cell phone.

Fusselkater

Verified Member
Apr 14, 2012
Germany
I do not think it will ever be allowed because of the restricted space on an airplane. On the Vegas trip (Allegiant Air) we were crammed in there like cattle...I would not have even considered stealth vaping.

I had the directly opposite situation. I took a flight from spain to germany late at night. When I arrived at the gate there was no one else there. Okay I thought, I'm probably late and they are waiting just for me, everybody else must be already on board.

I went in the plane and was completely alone there and thought something must be wrong, went outside again and asked and they confirmed that I'm the only one on this 737. All I can say is: Plenty of space, all stewardesses took care of me, no one to complain about anything I did. If it would be like this everytime I would love flying again. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread