Airport Security .... The Facts (Or atleast what worked)

Status
Not open for further replies.
momof3... wow.. you are SO right If they could "prove" that exhaled PG was not hazardous to others health... they could rip people off and sell disposable e-cigs for $25-$30 for ONE and make a crapload of $! I think they will certainly figure that out lol :)

Maybe we should ask the airlines to donate some funding to the research on PG and VG vapor?

DCrist721

ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2009
Long Island, NY
Uh. I'm going to stop holding it in:
(sorry I can't post URLS)/quote]

Rorsh--the person who alarmed you so about holding in the vapor was just overreacting. People do it all the time. I once ATE a Pall Mall cigarette on a flight to San Francisco and other than some stomach quease, no problems.

Eating is totally different then inhaling, and just because people do it all the time doesn't mean it's safe. My friend has been a Doctor for 4 years so far and I told him I ghosted Cannabis smoke in the bathroom of an airplane and that after my success I would be doing that a lot more in places where I didn't want to draw attention, and then he told me much of which I said in the other thread. The next day he showed me a picture of someone who had admitted to "ghosting" cigarettes in their bathroom at work and then the lungs of someone who smoked the same amount for a similar duration, and the lungs of the ghosting guy looked like he had been smoking twice as long at least. I then recently asked him about doing this with e-cigs and he told me that I only need one teaspoon of liquid inside my lungs to cause Pneumonia.

CaSH: Sorry about your run in with the smoke detector. The reason why it went off is because most smoke detectors don't actually detect smoke. They detect heat or a lack of oxygen, so stuff as simple as water vapor or even perfume or hairspray can set them off. I thought I had guts smuggling a 1/4 ounce of cannabis on a plane in my crotch and smoking some in the bathroom, but to deliberately attempt to set of the smoke detector, I think you get the Cajones of the year award.

Last edited:

Curtis

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
Nashville, TN
hmmm ... how do I answer this? i know! with a ;)

Nashville is a great little city, and in my opinion; the crossroads between the North, South, East and West... a great shipping hub... happening music scene... no state income tax..., I'm just sayin, Lane Kiffin made the jump from So Cal to the Southeast... Go Vols!

*Retail Outlet* ---(subliminal)

UkUsa

ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2008
Smalltown Iowa, USA
Nashville is a great little city, and in my opinion; the crossroads between the North, South, East and West... a great shipping hub... happening music scene... no state income tax..., I'm just sayin, Lane Kiffin made the jump from So Cal to the Southeast... Go Vols!

*Retail Outlet* ---(subliminal)

Off topic again but ....... we stopped in Nashville for two days on the way back from a vacation on east coast. Boy that is a fun city. The rest of the family are really into country music so we added the stop into the return trip.
We had a blast, ate at Coyote Ugly, drank at (more than) a few bars. Heard a lot of live music. Definitely want to go back for a longer visit next time.

Back on topic .......Thanks Steve, good information to know. Someday soon i want to go back to the UK for a visit. That's an 8 hour flight, although most flights i've had going that way have been overnight so the plane is dark anyway. Still good to knwo it's not a porblem getting them through security.

Last edited:

gunner

Mar 10, 2009
how bout taking a face towel or whatever with you in the bathroom & covering the smoke detector?

I have a bunch of long haul flights coming up and I was worried about causing too much attention so I took a small towel and exhailed the mist through that. It seems to be totally caught within the towl and there is no mist visible at all. Since my flights are going to be long, I will need to puff quite a bit so I thought I would give that a go. Anyone else tried this trick rather than explainging what you are doing to everyone around?? Hell, I guess one could blow the mist into their sleeve even?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread