Travel and Vaping Airport security

Status
Not open for further replies.

soysos

ECF Veteran
May 17, 2013
United States
Forgive me if this has been answered but my flight leaves in the morning and some questions came up while I was packing. I won't be checking a bag so everything has to go through security.
Is a needle tip bottle ok? What about nail clippers? Can't I leave my kayfun on the mod or does it have to go in the baggie with the other liquids? This is the first time I've been on a plane since I started vaping and this hadn't come to mind until now.

Jspike21

Jan 12, 2015
Wisconsin
You can bring your vape on the plane as long as you don't use it obviously lol. Also, as long as you dont have over 3 ounces, or 88ml on you, you will be okay. I bring my mech and dripper plus whatever extra batteries on the plane at all times because I don't trust all airport security to know what a mechanical mod or dripper is and I also don't trust IMR batteries in an unpressurized area of the plane. When you have it on you, you can at least explain what it is if it gts flagged instead of opening your bag to find it rummaged through and your set-up gone. No problems with flying here so far, and hopefully it will stay that way.

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
I noticed that you said that you weren't checking baggage...that makes it tougher depending on tools. Clippers are fine, but coil wire and batteries seem a stcking thing since TSA doesn't like the passenger having access to such items. Hence, checking a bag works better. (IMHO)

I have both mods with removeable batteries and mods that just recharge. If I knew that i wasn't checking a bag, I would take mods that just recharge. The rest of the rebuilding tools/equipment, I just limit. When I carry extra RTAs, they are with coil and wick inside.

Just me.

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
Batteries aren't a problem as carry on items at all. I always take 6-8 batteries in battery boxes and have the boxes in a zip lock bag and place the bag in the bin for x-ray. They don't look twice at batteries of this size.
I'd put the filled Kayfun in the liquid bag. Clippers are also allowed. To make things easier, I also put all carry on electronics in a zip lock bag and put it in a bin for the x ray. I wouldn't take needle tip bottles...

DreamWithin

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2012
New England
A little late here since you've already flown, but in my experience none of what you have should be a problem at the checkpoint except for possibly the needle-tipped bottle, not sure how they'd react to that

Things like nail clippers are acceptable. I had those confiscated once, but generally they are allowed (made no sense to take them anyway, since bigger ones were stocked in the airport shops :facepalm: )
Coil wire is generally not a problem, I've carried small quantities through checkpoints with no questions asked
liquid bottles go in your liquid bag and won't get a second glance (again, not sure about needle-tipped ones)
In my experience you can leave your tank on the device, I've done this with RTAs and carto tanks, though as stated already it might leak on the plane

All that applies for domestic flights, I don't have any advice for international

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread