AIV now has DIY flavor extracts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rickb119

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2013
Greeley, CO, USA
Those boxes are so cool. Did a quick test with the vanilla, just a drop in the atty and 9 drops of base. it was actually super flavorful. Even though it reeks of alcohol i surprisingly couldn't taste any. I know this is just a quick crude test but I was super impressed.

We will see I am going to make two batches of my vanilla custard recipe, one with my normal Hangsen vanillia and one with the Rich Vanilla from AIV.

@Rickb119 so far my fave vanilla is Hangsen Vanilla.

Thanks.

I'll add that one to my flavor shopping list.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
I mixed up some rich vanilla this evening at ~2% (measured by drops, sorry). I do not find it particularly strong at that concentration. In fact, I dare say it's wouldn't be strong enough to be a stand-alone flavor there, but I don't think it's intended to be either.

I do think I can taste a trace of alcohol, which doesn't bother me. However, there might be just a bit of aftertaste that I'm not crazy about.

I'm tempted to boost it up to ~3%, let it steep, and see what happens then.

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Watching this thread.. I loved AIV before I started DIY. One favorite was Ginger by the Sea and I haven't found a ginger flavor that compares. It was a super palette cleaner. I won't turn down a good vanilla, key lime, etc etc either. LOL.

I've been mulling over getting the Ginger flavoring

WhiteHighlights

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
MetroWest Boston, MA, USA
I've been mulling over getting the Ginger flavoring

You really want it, don't you? Go ahead and do it! :lol:
my :angel: attempt at being an enabler ;)

I have a cart loaded waiting to push the button. I mixed up some juice today (FA) and really don't need more. As I was working I kept mumbling about needing to re-organize my stash. But a little :evil: keeps saying I should go ahead anyway because it's AIV and if I get the ginger, I should also get .... :D

LoriP1702

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I'm watching this thread too. :) I've never tried AIV, but have always heard they're awesome.

I DIY'd for a couple years, mainly stuck in a peanut butter cup & cinnamon roll rut, I definitely like the bakery flavors, and have had some sensitivity issues with citrus or really tart flavors, kind of like if you've had a few too many Jolly Rancher candies. :laugh: (nothing serious, I tend to over vape the tart flavors).

So, I'm thankful for the feedback you're all giving. :)

Reactions: Dixie1954

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
You really want it, don't you? Go ahead and do it! :lol:
my :angel: attempt at being an enabler ;)

I have a cart loaded waiting to push the button. I mixed up some juice today (FA) and really don't need more. As I was working I kept mumbling about needing to re-organize my stash. But a little :evil: keeps saying I should go ahead anyway because it's AIV and if I get the ginger, I should also get .... :D

:lol:

I probably won't be able to for another week...but yes, I want the Ginger - and the Creamy Caramel - and the Zesty Key Lime

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
@Rossum

Did you get the Sweet Cake ?
I may be nuts...but I am tasting a hint of cinnamon red hots
I'm not sure I'd go so far as "cinnamon red hots", but there's definitely a hint of cinnamon in there.

Please let us know how the Crisp Red Apple is. I caught my eye.
I'm not crazy about it as a stand-alone, but I'm really digging a combination of Crisp Red Apple and Sweet Cake.

Don't ask me for a recipe though. I made some Crisp Red Apple at 4% and some Sweet Cake at 2.5%. I drip a few drops of each into an atty, then vape.

KentA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2015
Adirondack Mountains
I'm not sure I'd go so far as "cinnamon red hots", but there's definitely a hint of cinnamon in there.

I'm not crazy about it as a stand-alone, but I'm really digging a combination of Crisp Red Apple and Sweet Cake.
Don't ask me for a recipe though. I made some Crisp Red Apple at 4% and some Sweet Cake at 2.5%. I drip a few drops of each into an atty, then vape.
Thanks Rossum. That sounds like my kind of blend.

Alexander Mundy

Ribbon Twister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Springfield, MO
Mixed up 7 drops of marshmallow in 10ml 2/3 VG 1/3 PG 2% nic and the same with key lime and tried them as stand alone. The marshmallow has a hint of dirty sock to me and the key lime was a little lackluster. Dropped 2 more drops of key lime and it is pretty darn good standalone, been vaping it a day now. Will revisit the marshmallow later after it steeps. As always with taste YMMV.

5150Marley

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2014
Shhhh its a secret. ;)
Anybody make any good juices from the AIV extracts yet?

I saw they listed a bunch of new extract flavors too...

Juicy Apricot
Summer Blackberry
Creamy Cheesecake
Pink Grapefruit
Sencha Green Tea
Hibiscus Nectar
Fresh Lavender
Ripe Passionfruit
Butter Cake
Sweet & Tart Raspberry
Warm Cinnamon

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Well, I just went to order some of the new ones. Went to checkout, and found they're using BlueCheck for age verification.

That's not happening. I am not creating a BlueCheck account. Sorry Alice, but if you're going to insist on that for me to order FLAVORINGS that contain NO NICOTINE, then I guess I'll do without.

KentA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2015
Adirondack Mountains
Well, I just went to order some of the new ones. Went to checkout, and found they're using BlueCheck for age verification.

That's not happening. I am not creating a BlueCheck account. Sorry Alice, but if you're going to insist on that for me to order FLAVORINGS that contain NO NICOTINE, then I guess I'll do without.
See how the FDA's hate campaign is working....

I will not use BlueCheck either, but the FDA has scared the vendors enough to alienate their own customers.

Last edited:

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Vendors need to come up with an alternative to this. I wouldn't mind e-mailing a vendor that I like a scan of an ID.

What I object to with BlueCheck is the fact that it would be the first place a state would go to get a list of people who've bought vape stuff on-line, and the state I'm technically a resident of is implementing a very nasty tax on vape goods effective October 1...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread