Al85 screen stopped working. Not in stealth mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EIHYPI

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2017
I feel your pain. I had a smok alien that just crapped out on me. I couldn't figure out the reason. It was like one day it was like one day it was working just fine and then poof, it was gone. I treated it so well and look what it has done to me:) I don't mean to speak negative about a company because that's not my goal but I do know which company I will not be supporting when I purchase my next mod.

Luxiere

Sep 24, 2017
I'm going to vote for returning to the store. It's pretty hard to troubleshoot with a totally blank screen. Good luck!

Anna
I just came back from the store, handed in the smok and they gave me an istick pico in return. For as far as i know these don't die, let alone within 4 days.

I feel your pain. I had a Smok Alien that just crapped out on me. I couldn't figure out the reason. It was like one day it was like one day it was working just fine and then poof, it was gone. I treated it so well and look what it has done to me:) I don't mean to speak negative about a company because that's not my goal but I do know which company I will not be supporting when I purchase my next mod.
I also know which company i won't be supporting in the future.

EIHYPI

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2017
I just came back from the store, handed in the smok and they gave me an istick pico in return. For as far as i know these don't die, let alone within 4 days.

I also know which company i won't be supporting in the future.
Well you sure had good luck. Here in New York from my own experience I would never be able to make any returns or exchanges in vape shops. They'll look at you and say we're sorry contant the manufacturer. Those people where really nice giving you the IStick Pico. After watching the threads on people having issues with their devices, your old AL85 and its big brother the Alien are the ones people have had issues with most. I'm not sure if I've seen Picos die out on people. I've seen threads of people wanting to upgrade their firmware on the Pico but that's about it. Enjoy you new mod and good luck :)

Luxiere

Sep 24, 2017
Well you sure had good luck. Here in New York from my own experience I would never be able to make any returns or exchanges in vape shops. They'll look at you and say we're sorry contant the manufacturer. Those people where really nice giving you the IStick Pico. After watching the threads on people having issues with their devices, your old AL85 and its big brother the Alien are the ones people have had issues with most. I'm not sure if I've seen Picos die out on people. I've seen threads of people wanting to upgrade their firmware on the Pico but that's about it. Enjoy you new mod and good luck :)
The guy did not even ask for my receipt which amazed me. The only thing he did was say this was the third AL85 in 2 days and then just give a pico. I did give him the box for the AL85 even though he didn't even ask for it because it's probably easier when returning and i no longer had any need for it anyway. And thanks, i'm already enjoying my new mod a lot.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
as much as ive seen problems for this mod im wondering if its due to bad QA or just because they sell so many. Glad you were able to find a solution. Vape on

Both. And it's true with other manufacturers as well. You're balancing QC against the cost of manufacture and delivery. The inconsistent problems are what happens from poor QC. It's not like every single mod out of the factory has the same fault, that would be poor design/engineering (other than firmware upgrades, although that's probably rushed and poorly tested coding).

I have 2 Smok mods and my finish has been fine on both which is a commonly reported issue likely from QC issues. They are both absolutely terrible at temp control which is a design/manufacturing issue. The screen failure is another I've seen raise its head around here as well.

It's not limited to only one company either. Almost every company making mods at "mass market" pricing has had issues over the years. Right now Smok is leading the pack with Wismec right at their heel.

jfcooley

I find your lack of faith disturbing...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2017
Charlottesville, Virginia
I had the same issue with the Wismec Predator... 3 days after getting it, the device would work the screen would not. They replaced it and I was on the hunt for something new. Throwing the Predator away was the best feeling.

I've read a bit about Wismec and I'm a little concerned. I won a Gen 3 and it arrives tomorrow. I realise that a free mod breaking isn't the end of the world, but would suck.

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
I had 3 Wismec devices break on me before I called it quits with their products. To be fair with Smok, I only had problems with the Aliens, as did a co worker. Mainly the top separating from the rest of the case and then the screen dies out on both. I still have a Smok Xcube II and a Smok R150 that while ugly, they are still going strong. I still won't be buying anymore Smok Mods. The Eleaf Pico is an excellent little mod, I have used mine quite a bit with no problems.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
I've read a bit about Wismec and I'm a little concerned. I won a Gen 3 and it arrives tomorrow. I realise that a free mod breaking isn't the end of the world, but would suck.
I've had great luck with Wismec devices. The rx200 (several of them) are still in daily use and have taken quite a beating. I've always been careful in not forcing down my atties on them though. On the other hand, my Wismec Predator stopped working after a few months without ever even being dropped.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread