Alibaba suppliers? (Riva's for 20 bucks?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bootsand

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2010
Ohio
I just stumbled across a global trade site that has independent suppliers that seem to sell all kinds of things in bulk.

The Riva was one of those things... I was under the impression that Eastmall was the only producer of these, and I'm assuming they're knock offs, but thought I'd ask for a second opinion.

Most suppliers I saw have a minimum order of 50-100 sets, but some have a minimum of 10.

The seller I'm considering buying from has a price of US $18.5 - 19.25 / set, that would be 10 full Riva kits for under 200 bucks. I think I'd jump on that if they're of good quality... that would be enough batteries to last quite some time, plus some sets to gift to new vapers.

Here's a link: Health smoker eGo and Riva products, buy Health smoker eGo and Riva products from alibaba.com

Any thoughts? Is this, perhaps, where some suppliers get their goods?

BradSmith

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2010
Northern Michigan USA
I have bought a number of items for alibaba over the years. The one thing they won't quote you up front is the shipping cost and it's always way high. I wouldn't be surprized if it doesn't run $100 to $150 dollars. e-mail them and find out. If you do make an agreement use an escrow account. They are stopping some shippments from China right now (damn FDA). How the escrow account works is you send in the money to escrow and it's not released until you get your item. If you don't get it in so many weeks they return your money.

Recently I have switched over to buying from alibaba express. No messing around with all the back and forth e-mails trying to nail down a price and all the other hassles. Most recently I bought 60 510 atties for $1.50 each delivered and they work great I have only killed one in over a couple of months. I have also bought battery boxes in bulk, switches, chargers etc. The only hassle I have had was one of them shipped FEDEX (battery boxes) and that was a major pain in the .... The held it for duties I had to fill out paperwork with homeland security and after they finally released it they sent me a bill for an extra $36, $25 of it was for filing the paperwork. Don't let them ship FEDEX go with ems or china post.

I would say that overall I have been vary happy with my purchases it's as close to wholesale prices as we mortals can get.

Bootsand

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2010
Ohio
Awesome, thanks for the advice! I've emailed two sellers about total cost including shipping, we'll see what they say. I'm headed over to Alibaba Express to poke around now... much appreciated guidance.

I'll have to research a bit about the escrow account, though, I have no idea how to go about that... there's a first time for everything though!

BradSmith

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2010
Northern Michigan USA
Lets see I just went on alibaba express with ems shipping for 30 ego batteries they want US $281.03. that's just for batteries though. I have bought from the company before so I can say they are quality.

This is also an automatic escrow. Pay with paypal visa mastercard etc. They don't get their money until you confirm.

BradSmith

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2010
Northern Michigan USA
I opened an account also with Ali Express.your info is spot on Brad! gonna pick up some attys from Joyetech.

Thanks, I'm glad to help. Good luck everyone. They have been very good to me. Just remember it's not like ordering from the US it does take awhile. However, everything I have ordered has shown up in good working condition and as described. I don't think I really kept accurate track of the dates or I would say how long. I think it was around a month or a little more. Well worth it for the prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread