Alice in Vapeland ~ Premium All-Natural E-juice ~ Tea Table Saloon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jode

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2014
Seabrook, NH, USA
I know there are many areas in the States that are having some severe weather/fires and drought so I am wishing all safety today. Those on the CA coast line I will be sending positive thoughts as you prepare for possible Tsunami. As if the drought and fires haven't been enough. On the Northern East Coast we are having some very nice weather and I wish I could share it with the rest of you. Be well and enjoy the day. :wub:

Jode

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2014
Seabrook, NH, USA
Oooooo even better for me to give it a whirl then. Yay! :w00t: Thanks so much for that heads up @wolandepiphanius.

I just had to go order the everything sampler and oddity sampler for my Jay's mother Phylis (My Nicole's finace's mother). She had been visiting us for the past few days to spend some much needed time with our grandbabies. It was so good to see her. I was so excited that she vapes but she had this gas station juice stuff. It was not horrible but I wanted her to taste how well flavors can be blended. She is a tootlepuffer so I loaded up one of my mostly unused mini Kanger Aerotanks with some of my loved Forgotten Memories and one with Hot Waffle and the happy face she made did my heart good. She was in love so I sent her home with a couple of Spinners and aerotanks a small bottle of Forgotten Memories and a spare 60 of Hot Waffle. I want her to see the delightful packaging however and have a chance to taste the other wonderful flavors so I ordered her up a surprise. There is only one thing better then enjoying our luscious AiV liquid Heaven and that is sharing it with ones you love. :hubba:

NotSoMini

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2014
Yay, so glad to have you back. You were missed. Tell us all of some of your adventures.

Thanks Jode - will do. With that said I will start with the easy one and also our first stop in W.AU — Perth.

I did have some tanks loaded that I took on the flights over to Perth and they did leak. I had read about tanks leaking when flying but I took a chance. Some of you may recall my mentioning that vaping products are banned in W.AU so no vape stores. I knew this before leaving and thus ensured I had everything with me plus some extras — everything came back home with me. Perth was my first attempt to vape and I did get the dirty looks. No one, and I mean no one in Perth was vaping. I did not encounter anything ecig related until we got up to Darwin in the Northern Territory. I accidentally came by one vape store so I had to stop. Everything they carried was so-so however for anyone who wanted to vape, this was the place to buy products. The gal running the store told me that the majority of their customers are military personnel for a couple of reasons. First analogs are extremely expensive and secondly they can buy more eliquids to carry that do not take space that analogs do as well as being substantial cheaper. BTW the analogs range from 20 cigs up to 50 in one pack. At the Darwin airport I saw a guy from Melbourne vaping so I couldn’t resist going up to him to talk about ecigs. I mentioned the W.AU ban on ecigs and he felt this would get reversed in due time. He mentioned that even in Sydney everyone is still smoking and I found this to be true on my way home. I was surprised to see so many cig butts on the sidewalks even though there were disposals for them. All the AiV eliquids I buy I get the glass bottles however for my trip I bought the 17 ml plastic bottles. Ones such as Hot Waffle, Call Me Vanilla, etc. turned a very dark brown and almost bordering on black-brown. I also took with me a 15 ml glass bottle of 15FF that did not change color. I am assuming it was the plastic bottles that made the liquids turn color.

We booked an apartment through https://www.airbnb.com as we had 6 nights before our tour started. Trying to coordinate air and tour dates was a challenge as we were travelling on airline reward miles. The apartment was centrally located and of course much cheaper than staying in a hotel. The apartment was great. We each had our own bedroom and bathroom plus we we were able to do laundry prior to starting the tour. The weather was cold and raining the first few days after our arrival so I ended up having to buy a long sleeve top. I knew the weather was going to get hot once we started our tour so I took all short sleeves and shorts plus a couple of long pants. Because of the weather we saw two movies almost back-to-back — 13 Minutes (an international film and supposedly true story) and Unity (a documentary https://unitythemovement.com). I can say that I could not eat beef (although I don’t eat much of it) for a good couple of weeks after I saw Unity. We went to Sneaky Tony’s, a rum bar with over 300 rums in between the two movies (Sneaky Tony's) more out of curiosity than anything else. It is very difficult to find and we had to knock on an unmarked door to get in as the set up is like a speak easy. On the weekend you need a password to get in which is available on their Facebook page. Chinese food (Hong Kong style) was absolutely delicious.

We took a bus about an hour’s ride to Fremantle one day. Once there we took a tour around Fremantle. For those who like the UGG brand, one of the stores had true Australian UGG products unlike what we have here in the US. The prices were terrific plus the exchange rate throughout our time in AU was anywhere from $0.70 to $0.75 USD to one Aussie dollar. Sadly I did not buy any UGGs however my friend did and now I am jealous.

From this point forward it will take me some time so please bear with me.

Jode

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2014
Seabrook, NH, USA
Thanks Jode - will do. With that said I will start with the easy one and also our first stop in W.AU — Perth.

I did have some tanks loaded that I took on the flights over to Perth and they did leak. I had read about tanks leaking when flying but I took a chance. Some of you may recall my mentioning that vaping products are banned in W.AU so no vape stores. I knew this before leaving and thus ensured I had everything with me plus some extras — everything came back home with me. Perth was my first attempt to vape and I did get the dirty looks. No one, and I mean no one in Perth was vaping. I did not encounter anything ecig related until we got up to Darwin in the Northern Territory. I accidentally came by one vape store so I had to stop. Everything they carried was so-so however for anyone who wanted to vape, this was the place to buy products. The gal running the store told me that the majority of their customers are military personnel for a couple of reasons. First analogs are extremely expensive and secondly they can buy more eliquids to carry that do not take space that analogs do as well as being substantial cheaper. BTW the analogs range from 20 cigs up to 50 in one pack. At the Darwin airport I saw a guy from Melbourne vaping so I couldn’t resist going up to him to talk about ecigs. I mentioned the W.AU ban on ecigs and he felt this would get reversed in due time. He mentioned that even in Sydney everyone is still smoking and I found this to be true on my way home. I was surprised to see so many cig butts on the sidewalks even though there were disposals for them. All the AiV eliquids I buy I get the glass bottles however for my trip I bought the 17 ml plastic bottles. Ones such as Hot Waffle, Call Me Vanilla, etc. turned a very dark brown and almost bordering on black-brown. I also took with me a 15 ml glass bottle of 15FF that did not change color. I am assuming it was the plastic bottles that made the liquids turn color.

We booked an apartment through https://www.airbnb.com as we had 6 nights before our tour started. Trying to coordinate air and tour dates was a challenge as we were travelling on airline reward miles. The apartment was centrally located and of course much cheaper than staying in a hotel. The apartment was great. We each had our own bedroom and bathroom plus we we were able to do laundry prior to starting the tour. The weather was cold and raining the first few days after our arrival so I ended up having to buy a long sleeve top. I knew the weather was going to get hot once we started our tour so I took all short sleeves and shorts plus a couple of long pants. Because of the weather we saw two movies almost back-to-back — 13 Minutes (an international film and supposedly true story) and Unity (a documentary https://unitythemovement.com). I can say that I could not eat beef (although I don’t eat much of it) for a good couple of weeks after I saw Unity. We went to Sneaky Tony’s, a rum bar with over 300 rums in between the two movies (Sneaky Tony's) more out of curiosity than anything else. It is very difficult to find and we had to knock on an unmarked door to get in as the set up is like a speak easy. On the weekend you need a password to get in which is available on their Facebook page. Chinese food (Hong Kong style) was absolutely delicious.

We took a bus about an hour’s ride to Fremantle one day. Once there we took a tour around Fremantle. For those who like the UGG brand, one of the stores had true Australian UGG products unlike what we have here in the US. The prices were terrific plus the exchange rate throughout our time in AU was anywhere from $0.70 to $0.75 USD to one Aussie dollar. Sadly I did not buy any UGGs however my friend did and now I am jealous.

Amazing adventures. I checked out the trailer for unity and looked at Sneaky Tony's FB. Looks like a fun place. Thanks so much for sharing part of your adventure and I look forward to hearing more. Of course there is no hurry. You should be taking your time to feel home. Traveling is always nice but home is HOME. Also wishing you strength in getting back to the vape over the ciggies but please please don't kick yourself over lapsing. It sounds like it was rather unavoidable.

paleodian

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2013
Totally Lost

Nice NotSoMini! You'll remember it for a lifetime!!:thumb:

NotSoMini

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2014
Amazing adventures. I checked out the trailer for unity and looked at Sneaky Tony's FB. Looks like a fun place. Thanks so much for sharing part of your adventure and I look forward to hearing more. Of course there is no hurry. You should be taking your time to feel home. Traveling is always nice but home is HOME. Also wishing you strength in getting back to the vape over the ciggies but please please don't kick yourself over lapsing. It sounds like it was rather unavoidable.

Unfortunately the trailer for Unity did not show the very beginning scene that turned me off on beef. Nah, not kicking myself. Some times one needs to go with the flow when in a foreign country so as not to offend anyone.

paleodian

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2013
Totally Lost
Jode, as far as the PVP goes, it's not the traditional PVP where you fight another player.....this is ARMY vs. ARMY! Just like a Lord of the Rings Battle. Legions of fighters, mages, archers, catapults, siege engines, etc. try to take a defended castle or fortress....it's truly an awesome spectacle!:)

Jode

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2014
Seabrook, NH, USA
Jode, as far as the PVP goes, it's not the traditional PVP where you fight another player.....this is ARMY vs. ARMY! Just like a Lord of the Rings Battle. Legions of fighters, mages, archers, catapults, siege engines, etc. try to take a defended castle or fortress....it's truly an awesome spectacle!:)

I watched one of the trailers that depicted the PVP battles pretty well. It certainly does look really fun. It looks similar to the way WoW did their battle PVP (can't even remember what it was called). I have played a few different types of PVP. The one on one (usually got my .... handed to me but it was all in fun), PVP servers where even in adventure you had to always watch your back for other players that got a kick out of stalking popular quest areas, and the battle siege like you are explaining. I am currently trying to talk one of my gaming pals into getting the game with me. We both played Everquest for many many years (oooo dare I say 2 decades almost) and have been waiting for EQNext. He is playing the old school progression servers right now so he is trying to get me back into EQ and I am trying to get him to move on to something new. ;) I am getting tired of waiting for a game that seems to be all promises at this point. If I have the money next weekend I want to get ESO. I am looking for something to occupy my new down time while my grands are in school.

Can anybody describe Footprints a bit for me? Like is it heavy on the strawberry or on the peanut butter? Is there a bready taste there? I will probably end up getting myself some anyway but I am just curious to hear what others get from it. I also want to try the Sweet Tease. I love a good iced tea. :D

Have a most wonderful weekend peoples. I am headed down Maine to watch my niece play college soccer. Rah Rah...

paleodian

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2013
Totally Lost
I watched one of the trailers that depicted the PVP battles pretty well. It certainly does look really fun. It looks similar to the way WoW did their battle PVP (can't even remember what it was called). I have played a few different types of PVP. The one on one (usually got my .... handed to me but it was all in fun), PVP servers where even in adventure you had to always watch your back for other players that got a kick out of stalking popular quest areas, and the battle siege like you are explaining. I am currently trying to talk one of my gaming pals into getting the game with me. We both played Everquest for many many years (oooo dare I say 2 decades almost) and have been waiting for EQNext. He is playing the old school progression servers right now so he is trying to get me back into EQ and I am trying to get him to move on to something new. ;) I am getting tired of waiting for a game that seems to be all promises at this point. If I have the money next weekend I want to get ESO. I am looking for something to occupy my new down time while my grands are in school.

Can anybody describe Footprints a bit for me? Like is it heavy on the strawberry or on the peanut butter? Is there a bready taste there? I will probably end up getting myself some anyway but I am just curious to hear what others get from it. I also want to try the Sweet Tease. I love a good iced tea. :D

Have a most wonderful weekend peoples. I am headed down Maine to watch my niece play college soccer. Rah Rah...

Jode, myself I'm not much of a PVP fan, but I like to watch it and mentioned it only to give you an idea of what the game offers. Monkey and I both Beta tested ESO and continued on to play when it went live. I had to drop out due to work issues as I just no longer had the time to play. Things are finally slowing down for me and I'm ready to jump back in. We had a guild of 2 "Knights of the White Rabbit" at one time, but I'm not sure if it continued on. Monkey and myself would quest and wreak as much havoc as we could, but we had a blast none the less. He is an excellent crafter, and an even better player and can make some amazing things. If you do get into the game, maybe we can all quest together!:)

Kivara

Sep 21, 2015
Hello all! I just joined here yesterday, actually I only joined here to reply in this post. I've been lurking here for a while (so, I'll probably seem like this crazy stalker who knows way too much about ya'll while you have no idea who I am, for a while) :D

I've been vaping since Feb of this year. No slipping, and I'm loving it!! I only order AiV juices (still not sure what Tokala is supposed to be, and if I like it or not, haha)

So, ask me anything...so I'll feel more like one of the group instead of crazy stalker gal! Ooooh! Potential superhero name! I'm Crazy Stalker Gal...no, I'm not here to help, I'm just going to watch you get mugged from these bushes! Excelsior!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread