Alice in Vapeland ~ Premium All-Natural E-juice ~ Tea Table Saloon

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotSoMini

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2014
I am currently a project manager, trying to get back to my illustrator roots one of these days.

Nice - I have never been a Project Manager however at one point in my working career I was a Product Manager and we ad a Project Manager as part of the team. What type of illustrations?

NotSoMini

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2014
NotsoMini, what does volunteering their entail?

When I decided to do volunteer work, I looked into a number of not for profit organizations. I settled on the RMcD House for several reasons. I did not want to drive into LA and deal with the traffic and the hours/days are very flexible as other not for profits generally have a work schedule for their volunteers. Most of the other RMcD Houses in SoCal have their volunteers on a schedule as well. Pasadena is small in comparsion (14 bedrooms) compared to the LA House that has 75 bedrooms. In speaking for the Pasadena House there are many things volunteers can do. When filling out an information application, applicants can designate what they like to do. For myself, they use me mostly for office type work although I do many other things. I do data entry, phone coverage when the two employees are gone or when there is an overflow of calls, working at fundraising events such as the annual Gala (largest fundraiser), Walk for Kids, yard sales, wrapping Xmas gifts for the families and their children (each child and their siblings get on average 25 gifts each all received through donations), background screening of new applicants (we screen for sexual predators), enrolling children in the Pasadena ISD when the family will be at the House for a long time, etc. During the school year, we get high school students that are in a service club so they need to get anywhere from 10 to 20 hours of service in by a specified date so I help with the process. In between though I do other ad hoc things as they come up. As an example yesterday the Operations Director and I were to go to a senior citizens group. At the last minute one of us needed to stay behind for coverage so I opted to do this. On occasion I also do some small public speaking at high schools, companies, sororities, etc. I have also helped clean bedrooms when a guest has checked out and we have another guest waiting to check in especially when we have no other volunteers onsite. For other volunteers there are many other duties they can do as well such as housework, yardwork, organizing and disinfecting the toy closet toys and organizing the bookshelves (we have many different language books), etc., etc. Yesterday we had a blind gal volunteering and she was filling baggies with a scoop of laundry detergent. No matter how small a job is, the House appreciates it as they cannot do everything.

I am working on a project to price energy efficient appliances. I started this project a few months ago by having the City of Pasadena Department of Water and Power come in and do a survey on how we can contribute to water savings during our drought. Most recently they submitted the results of their findings. We have a small grant so the money will not go far as there are multiples of each appliance.

If you have any other specific questions, let me know. Also apology for being long winded.

http://rmhcsc.org/pasadena/

NotSoMini

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2014
Medical illustrations mainly. I hate being a project manager, creativity is nil...

Very interesting - never thought about medical illustrations. Agree with you on creativity especially since you are an illustrator. Do hope you get back into doing what you like to do best soon.

NotSoMini

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2014
Morning everyone. Any one know what is happening with AiV doing a custard? I know we submitted flavor ideas but have not read anything since that time.

I did receive my vapemail yesterday and noticed they are using a different type of bottle cap. The caps I am assuming are child proof — you know the type, push down and turn as the same time.

NotSoMini

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2014
Hello everyone.

Yep, NotSoMini, child-proof caps. DH was trying to hold a tank and open one and spilled half a 30 bottle of Twas Brilling. Kitchen floor smelled nice :) We've just been switching out with the old caps (they still fit.)
Happy Sunday everyone!

Did I understand you correctly that your child was able to open the child-proof cap?

Kivara

Sep 21, 2015
Hello everyone.

Did I understand you correctly that your child was able to open the child-proof cap?

Oh no, not at all! I was saying, all my kids are old enough to know not to play with/drink medicines/vape juice, so we change out the child-proof caps for the old caps. My husband was trying to fill his tank and open one of the new caps, and spilled half a bottle on the floor.

RiderDragon

ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Phoenix,AZ
Morning all its my Friday yay! Hope everyone is having a fun fast week :) happy clouds to all.

O my Incubus mod came in best mech mod I currently own. Great weight and feels right in either hand and buttery smooth button. Looks great with my baal v2.

Hoping we get a new flavor soon. Haven't ordered recently trying to get my juice closet down until new flavors arrive.

Ride the Waves of Music ¥ - Sandu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread