Status
Not open for further replies.

embee214

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
hv ny
I'm so glad you like it! April Moon, Twas Brillig, and A Quiet Morning are the 3 I cannot live without. I have a big bottle of April Moon but I will be ordering one of Twas Brillig when they open tonight. I really, really wanted to like 15 foot falls, but with the "toasty tobacco" all I tasted was burnt...something. Really disappointing :(

15ff became my favorite once I realized that you have to keep at low voltage/wattage. No more than 3.6V or it tastes burnt (to me). Also, it does benefit from a few weeks steeping. Now I can't go a day without it!! BUt even if you hate it, there are so many more AiV flavors to love.:D

VapnWitch

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2013
VA, USA
15ff became my favorite once I realized that you have to keep at low voltage/wattage. No more than 3.6V or it tastes burnt (to me). Also, it does benefit from a few weeks steeping. Now I can't go a day without it!! BUt even if you hate it, there are so many more AiV flavors to love.:D

Agreed about using 15FF at a lower voltage. Even using a 2.4+ohm coil, I can't go above 3.9V without getting the burnt taste. With 1.8-2.2ohm, I keep it at 3.5-3.7, but at 3.7 I get some burnt tasting hits. At the lower volts, the marshmallow comes out more, for me, with a light coconutty graham cracker exhale. Also agreed that it does kind of need some time to steep (although I think it's ok fresh).

seashells

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
Fort Worth, Texas, United States
I've bought all their juices as of 2/5/2014, so I'm pretty familiar with all their flavors. My recommendation is to buy their 12 sample pack. That's the best way to test AiVL.

But, here are some of my favorites, I make an order with AiVL every month. I'm getting close to a full deck of cards, AiVL customers know what I'm talking about ;-)

For me there is one standout flavor that is perfectly balanced. Zombie Apocalypse. Hard to put a flavor on it, but I'll call it a strawberry cupcake. It's a nice subtle flavor, not over powering flavor like some crappy q-liquid brands. To me you can always tell the good vs. the bad if the flavor is strong, and if you can chain vape it for DAYS.

Most new brands starting out are wayyyy to strong, even after 30 days of steeping.

Here's my list ... I use dual sub 1.0 ohm coils on my many RDA's I transition between normal silica and ekowool sometimes. I also own a kraken genesis, Kayfun 3.1, Aqua Footoon, Ithaka, and a bunch of others... I run these AiVL juices through all my devices.

1.) Zombie Apocalypse
2.) 15 Foot Falls
3.) Twas Brillig
4.) A Quiet Morning
5.) Lemon Loves Cake
6.) White Rabbit
7.) Afternoon Tea

The ones I don't really enjoy are pretty much the rest of their line, some really dont agree with me, others are totally vape-able and good enough to be some other brand's best selling juice. Examples of good flavors I just don't really like are B&W Cookie, Cupcake City, Cherry Blossom, Mystic Mandalime, and Punkin Trumble.

The other flavors I flat out just don't like..

I haven't tried my sample of Afternoon Tea yet, or April Moon (waiting for April- I don't know why, what if I love it and need to get a bigger bottle?), or Mystic Mandalime. But I do love Cherry Blossom. More than Quiet Morning. I've said it before but it's like fresh, sweet honeysuckle flowers and it makes me feel like running through a field of wildflowers wearing a white dress. So that's something.

BillyWJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2013
usa
I haven't tried my sample of Afternoon Tea yet, or April Moon (waiting for April- I don't know why, what if I love it and need to get a bigger bottle?), or Mystic Mandalime. But I do love Cherry Blossom. More than Quiet Morning. I've said it before but it's like fresh, sweet honeysuckle flowers and it makes me feel like running through a field of wildflowers wearing a white dress. So that's something.

April Moon is worth the wait...no, try it NOW! :) I love April Moon, it's very good.

Have you ever been around real cherry blossoms? I grew up with them, Cherry Blossom is not honeysuckle, it's real Cherry Blossom. I think she's using an extract of real blossoms, it's too close to the real thing to be anything else. Honeysuckle has a more buttery, honey taste than this.

seashells

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
April Moon is worth the wait...no, try it NOW! :) I love April Moon, it's very good.

Have you ever been around real cherry blossoms? I grew up with them, Cherry Blossom is not honeysuckle, it's real Cherry Blossom. I think she's using an extract of real blossoms, it's too close to the real thing to be anything else. Honeysuckle has a more buttery, honey taste than this.

Nope, never been around real cherry blossoms so I just went with the only comparison I could make- it is like going outside with honeysuckle in bloom to me. :)

But I'm washing out a bunch of tanks this weekend, though and the April Moon has been calling....

seashells

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013

Oh! Just filled a tank on your recommendation- you are so right! Very good indeed! lavender is still my favorite. This might be no. 2.

Enviado desde mi GT-P3113 mediante Tapatalk

Bosco

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
San Antonio
Ya- I will definitely let them steep. My own philosophy about steeping, though, is that it's fine if a juice improves over time but it's still a bummer if it tastes like crap out of the mailbox. I would have to *LOVE* the flavor to buy a juice that required long steeping before it tasted good.

So I've been letting my AiV juices steep since my initial drip-test (2/6). Out of the mail box I didn't enjoy them. All of the juices improved with steeping. Lemon Loves Cake is my favorite. Now having steeped and loaded into my kayfun lite, it has a really nice lemon cake taste. It has a pretty full flavor but it doesn't stink up the room . .that's a major plus for me as I'm always on the lookout for flavors that I like but won't annoy my wife.

White Rabbit is a lot better now, too. Much more balanced. It also doesn't smell up the room. It's got kind of a hard to describe flavor . .I like it but don't love it.

Zombie Apocalypse is decent. Probably not a rebuy from me but definitely has a nice strawberry flavor now.

B&W Cookie, though, is still not great. I don't know if it needs more time or what but it tastes like cocoa powder to me. Strong chocolate, a bit dusty/dry. Definitely not like an Oreo or black and white cookie. I have at least one more tank left so I'll let it sit for another few weeks and check it again.

rabernet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2011
Buford, GA
They're so cheap though. Makes me wonder. I've gotten a hold of some cheap juice before, wasted my money. I've been burnt! lol

I wasn't impressed with any of the well recommended MBV juices that I tried. All too chemically, even with a good steep.

Gave them all away. I prefer spending my money with AiV, Ahlusion, Nicoticket, The Plume Room.

I love April Moon, 'Twas Brilling, and A Quiet Morning from AiV.

Kollin6618

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2014
Denver, CO
Gonna try to order a sample pack tonight. I was gonna grab the "little bit of everything" sample pack but since I've been hearing they're a little light on flavor I think I'll do the 5 pack. I'm thinking:
1. April Moon
2. B&W Cookie
3. Fifteen Foot Falls
4. Twas Brillig
5. Zombie Apocalypse
I figure that'll give me a good look at what they offer.

BillyWJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2013
usa
Gonna try to order a sample pack tonight. I was gonna grab the "little bit of everything" sample pack but since I've been hearing they're a little light on flavor I think I'll do the 5 pack. I'm thinking:
1. April Moon
2. B&W Cookie
3. Fifteen Foot Falls
4. Twas Brillig
5. Zombie Apocalypse
I figure that'll give me a good look at what they offer.

Ask for extra flavor, it's in the FAQ.

1BlackSheep

Jan 19, 2014
St. Paul, MN
I'm much more impressed with my glass bottle 15ml juices than I was with the samples. I bought Lemon Loves Cake, Foursquare, White Rabbit, and Bandersnatch. Lemon Loves Cake was great right from the mail, although a week steeping and they are all really nice. I also agree about the vape mail, wish I could order more just for the packaging.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jrenae4

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2013
ES, MD
I'm much more impressed with my glass bottle 15ml juices than I was with the samples. I bought Lemon Loves Cake, Foursquare, White Rabbit, and Bandersnatch. Lemon Loves Cake was great right from the mail, although a week steeping and they are all really nice. I also agree about the vape mail, wish I could order more just for the packaging.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Now you have me wondering...I've mentioned on this forum before how I taste nothing in her bakery flavors but the base. But now I'm thinking of all the 15 mls I've ordered, and they were all fine. Were the ones I received all for me? No, but they were quite flavorful. Literally in the sample pack I could taste nothing no matter the device or delivery I was using. Hmm..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread