Not open for further replies.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I read the paint chipping wasn't a problem with the 2nd version

Be careful over relying on their QC. I have an early one (from the 1.2.2 days) and my paint is still perfect (lucky me). Others have had problems in less than a week. I wish they would spend the extra $.50 and prepare the metal properly for painting.

I hope that multicolor one holds up, as it looks really nice. That with a multicolor tank should look really slick.

Ladiekali

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Florida
Just got my alien. First impressions are not so good. But I'm trying to remain optimistic.

The mod has a gently used feel to it. Scratches on the screen. I can see white in the cracks and crevices of the mod.

The seven color mod is a joke. it's blue and gold on the back side, purple and green on the front side. Not pretty by any means. I thought the entire mod would be multi color. But it's not.

the battery door is a bit of a hassle to close. But seems secure once it is shut. And yep it is edition A after all.

Would love to see this alien in stainless steel! My tesla nano feels abit better in the quality and workmanship areas.

I do like the fire button, the size, the weight of it. So far it seems easy to navigate. Easy to lock and unlock.

The screen is nice. Easy to read. All the good info right there at a glance.

The battery life of batteries, wattage volts ohms amps mode temp and even puff counter.

The baby beast multi color is really attractive. I found d the top filling easy to open. Took me a second to figure out how to close it, but now it's easy. Unfortunately the juice I put in that tank is Vaping awfully sweet and it's hard to stomach.

But for now my uwell crown is on The alien, and it's a good vape.

pfaber11

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2009
england
Sorry you're not that impressed with it . Mine came with a screen protector on it . I should of put up a pic of mine to show you the colour , I do quite like it. Don't know where they get the seven colours from though . as you said it's four colours plus black. I get all my stuff from b & m these days so if I get a problem or I'm not happy I can go straight back to the shop. Anyway I hope it grows on you .
I charge mine via usb so once that battery door is closed it stays that way . no need to keep opening it. It's the best mod I've had so far but I only own 5 of them whish have accumulated over the last couple of years before that it was ego's for quite a while. Anyway have a nice day and vape on.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ladiekali

mongo74

I'm your huckleberry.
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Ωhmsville
The shorter and narrower chimney/coil of the baby beast tends to focus vapor and flavor...you really get hit with the full on potency of whatever you're vaping. I get that though. My experience with the same juice in three different tanks/drippers changes, sometimes drastically.

Sorry to hear about your issues with the Alien. It seemes like they use completely different processes to paint the black ones vs the white and other color ones. I have a white and red, and the finish has held up quite well.

Reactions: Eskie

EODPaul

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2017
Ottawa Ontario Canada
I have both versions, and the paint is equally fine on both. Minor wear on the edges, but it just painted, not anything exotic or special. I think it's hit or miss with the paint issue. They both work equally well. I prefer my version A (updated to 1.2.11- thanks, Eskie), only for the gunmetal colour.
I got silicone sleeves for them both at a local store, $4.99.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Mine is still holding up just fine, and with regular use. I figure if and when it does start to show wear I'll throw a wrap on it.

I did just get a BB which came with an AL85 (couldn't find the mod alone like I did on the Alien). It's a good tank, decent flavor, lots of clouds, way too small to be at all practical as it sucks up juice faster than you can pour it in. When this coil dies I'll probably just box it up as I can't see investing in factory coils for it for my kind of use.

Reactions: EODPaul

EODPaul

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2017
Ottawa Ontario Canada
Mine is still holding up just fine, and with regular use. I figure if and when it does start to show wear I'll throw a wrap on it.

I did just get a BB which came with an AL85 (couldn't find the mod alone like I did on the Alien). It's a good tank, decent flavor, lots of clouds, way too small to be at all practical as it sucks up juice faster than you can pour it in. When this coil dies I'll probably just box it up as I can't see investing in factory coils for it for my kind of use.
There is a RBA available for the tank. I got one with both of my BBBs. It's a nice one, easy to build on and wick.
Might be worth a try?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread