Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
I've started vaping about a week ago and I've tried 3 different e-juices

Strawberry Dunkaroo Kangaroo Kustard, The Milkman, Doughboys coconut

They all taste the same as the first one I listed. It's not a wax or burnt flavor, just the flavor of the first juice. What can I do about this?

Did you replace the wicking and clean the coil before switching flavors? If you kept the same setup, it's most likely going to take on the flavor of the first liquid you used.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
What juice delivery device (tank) are you using? Some tanks are better at delivering flavor than others.

You may have better luck with different brands or different flavors. Flavors such as cinnamon, mint, or menthol are the strongest of flavors.

As Retired said, if you are using just one tank, unless you change out the coil with each flavor used they will all taste the same. Many people have a separate tank for every flavor they have to counter this.

Some people are better at detecting different vapor flavors than others. I will suggest that you exhale some of the inhaled vapor out of your nose to better detect flavor. Our sense of smell assists our sense of taste. You understand this is you recall that you often can't taste food or drink when your nose to totally stopped up with a cold.

Clonox

Aug 24, 2016
Did you replace the wicking and clean the coil before switching flavors? If you kept the same setup, it's most likely going to take on the flavor of the first liquid you used.

I've never done that no, I'll try that out too. Thanks!

What juice delivery device (tank) are you using? Some tanks are better at delivering flavor than others.

You may have better luck with different brands or different flavors. Flavors such as cinnamon, mint, or menthol are the strongest of flavors.

As Retired said, if you are using just one tank, unless you change out the coil with each flavor used they will all taste the same. Many people have a separate tank for every flavor they have to counter this.

Some people are better at detecting different vapor flavors than others. I will suggest that you exhale some of the inhaled vapor out of your nose to better detect flavor. Our sense of smell assists our sense of taste. You understand this is you recall that you often can't taste food or drink when your nose to totally stopped up with a cold.

I'm using the eleaf iStick Pico with the tank it came with. Yeah I've exhaled out of my nose a few times and that seems to help a bit.

My father just said what he does (he has the same vape but just changed his tank out yesterday) is he smokes a few tanks of the same juice before it starts to taste like the flavor it's described with after switching flavors. Does that actually work?

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
Yes, change the wick.

I, for one of most I think, have multiple tanks. In the morning with my coffee I like one thing and then... I have 5-7 tanks running at once with a bottle right behind them in my rack. Here is an old picture:

2x4x8 4.jpg

Regardless, it is really convenient since I don't have to change a wick every time I want to change a flavor. Earlier in my vaping, I had different nicotine contents. Fist thing in the morning, I had a higher nic content. In the evening, a lower content so I could vape more while watching TV.

I know you said that you don't use nicotine, but the idea of multiple tanks with different flavors is really convenient.

Life is better with more tanks. :)

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
Imo , you have to switch out flavors all the time to avoid getting use to one because it can quickly become bland where you taste minimal if anything at all .

I don't switch out coils when i change my juice like i used to , if it's a completely different flavor profile it just take a few hits to have it come through using the same tank.

Like Baditude said , try a different type of topper . I rely on my old Kayfun type tanks , it's night & day in flavor to most of the other stuff out there.

I know what ya'll mean. Here is my 3c

On a large coil or sub-ohm tank the wick/cotton retains the previous flavor for a while but eventually it shifts to the new one. Sometimes 2 tanks. So it is a waste as when the flavors blend is like having no flavor, based on my burned out buds. On the small claromizer coils the shift is much quicker. The most flavor I sense anyway is out of aspire 5s and 1.6coils although it gets boring sucking and sucking with little vapor. Good enough for running around all day with one in your shirt pocket.

Now here is what I find really weird: When I read the write-ups for some of those ceramic coils (Vaporesso?) 0.9s is what I tried twise, I was impressed that they switch flavors fast. And they do, but the flavor I get out of them is a tiny fraction of what I get on the same tank with a same Ω coil but with cotton. What they say about them lasting long it is true. When I eventually bought a second one I wasn't exactly sure if the first was burned or not, that little of flavor. I temporarily switched to a regular coil to see if it was me and BAM! Flavor was strong. So I dissected the original one and that ceramic wick was all turned to black thick dust. I doubt I'd ever buy one ever again. With cotton I get the funny taste the milisecond it gets burned. Who knows for how long I was sucking this burned thing and didn't know it. No screen on top of those either.

One advantage of steaming up anything with no flavor? All these juices I disliked from past months that I kept to give them to friends I started using up. Even some that were given to me new and couldn't take a second heat on now they are all in the atmospere. It is like vaping straight VG/PG base and couldn't even tell those apart except from the cloud volume.

So, yes. it matters what coil you use, what juice you use, what tank you use, the wattage you use, all matter to flavor. And flavor I came to find out is very subjective, more than I could ever imagine. We can eat the same cake and both like it but what we taste is different.

For the cost of juice coils seem pretty cheap, or at least you can keep it with the same juice and have a different coil for each juice you vape. I get hooked on one for a 2 mos and that is all I do, no switching back and forth. But that is me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread