All Hands On Deck..........Your votes needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeriousLevity

ECF Veteran
Nov 25, 2009
Omaha NE
Out right nicotine prohibition is FDA's ultimate goal that's no secret. Somehow there needs to be a change of leadership in that agency. It seems to me that every government agency in existence today wants to dress in black, blouse their trousers around their jack-boots and break down doors while playing with their automatic weapons.

We are on a slippery slope and the food we consume is next on the agenda. These people must be reeled in. In many instances concise warning labels would be more than adequate.

Vic l

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2010
Clarksville, TN
We are on a slippery slope and the food we consume is next on the agenda. These people must be reeled in. In many instances concise warning labels would be more than adequate.
Too bad they don't put a warning label on eggs or meat that somehow they have no authority to shut down a packing plant or producer for producing contaminated food.:mad:

SeriousLevity

ECF Veteran
Nov 25, 2009
Omaha NE
Too bad they don't put a warning label on eggs or meat that somehow they have no authority to shut down a packing plant or producer for producing contaminated food.:mad:

Yo Vic,
I’m not sure that I’m reading you right. Are you suggesting that FDA should not have authority to intervene when there is a well established threat to public health? Your short sighted sarcasm strikes me as a knee jerk reaction and certainly does not contribute to a collection of ideas that may be able to inspire greatly needed change in government processes . In my opinion short of an eminent threat to public health FDA could categorize some new products as being untested and mandate that they contain a label reading Caveat emtor and then provide web links to pages where consumers would be able to do their own research as FDA conducted their own.

Vic l

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2010
Clarksville, TN
Yo Vic,
I’m not sure that I’m reading you right. Are you suggesting that FDA should not have authority to intervene when there is a well established threat to public health? Your short sighted sarcasm strikes me as a knee jerk reaction and certainly does not contribute to a collection of ideas that may be able to inspire greatly needed change in government processes . In my opinion short of an eminent threat to public health FDA could categorize some new products as being untested and mandate that they contain a label reading Caveat emtor and then provide web links to pages where consumers would be able to do their own research as FDA conducted their own.
You did mis read and in fact the FDA does not have the authority to shut down a facility.

CtryBoy

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Texas
FDA is just like every other bit of the alphabet soup. They have the power to do a lot of damage (just look at all the countries using the now infamous FDA analysis to ban or bolster push for ban) but do to circumstances beyond their control (the constitution for example) their actual powers are usually well below what they try to do. The egg recall for example was VOLUNTARY and due to CDC linking the outbreaks, not FDA/USDA doing their jobs. Biggest fear is they use this kind of crisis to get new powers to protect our right to eat eggs over easy.

Right now just concentrating on exposing them to the light of day in any way possible. Only real chance we have is to make them have to fight court and public opinion. Hard part is they arent going anywhere even after they lose. Regulation is actually their big stick waiting to wack us over the head if courts shoot down their overreach.

Any ECF shocktoops with facebook login should look at this link and help push for air time on Freedom Watch.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/campaigning-discussions/117024-freedomwatch-fda-ban-1-a.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread