All so new to me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marissa Gough

Dec 2, 2016
Hi all from New Zealand. Well I started using a vapor/E ciggy Monday at 16.50pm and today it is 8.33am Saturday morning and have not had a ciggy all week. I have smoked for 30 years and I am feeling very proud. I use a 0mg Nicotine oil (Dragon Fruit) and have done all week. Have noticed a serve case of Tinnitus in the last couple of days so I let my fingers doing the walking to good old Google. From what I am reading, it seems to be common in oil that has Nicotine in it. It is actually driving me mental lol. As the tittle says this is all so new to me so any advise would be very appreciated.

LouisLeBeau

Shenaniganery Jedi! Too naughty for Sin Bin
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Hi all from New Zealand. Well I started using a vapor/E ciggy Monday at 16.50pm and today it is 8.33am Saturday morning and have not had a ciggy all week. I have smoked for 30 years and I am feeling very proud. I use a 0mg Nicotine oil (Dragon Fruit) and have done all week. Have noticed a serve case of Tinnitus in the last couple of days so I let my fingers doing the walking to good old Google. From what I am reading, it seems to be common in oil that has Nicotine in it. It is actually driving me mental lol. As the tittle says this is all so new to me so any advise would be very appreciated.

Hi @Marissa Gough , and welcome to ECF! GOOD JOB on the progress you are making! Not to pick nits, but "oil" isn't really present in ELiquid, or sure shouldn't be. VG (vegetable glycerin) and/or PG (propylene glycol) are the ingredients besides flavorings and nicotine.

After a little googling, I'm VERY skeptical about any link between vaping (aside from the nicotine) and tinnitus. Nicotine is a vasoconstrictor, so it shrinks blood vessels including those in your ears and can exacerbate tinnitus. If you never noticed it while smoking though, I would suggest you see a doctor, as you may have another issue causing it.

I hope you get that sorted out, and I'd like to wish you good luck on quitting the smokes!

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Welcome and glad you joined. Keep up the good work.
Might like to read:
A list of symptoms when quitting tobacco and changing to an ecigarette
Australia - New Zealand Forum
http://www.thevaperstable.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread