Not open for further replies.

lupinehorror

bròn
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2017
Dunblane
had my stainless steel tesla nano 120W steampunk for a few weeks and we've got along famously. it hasn't missed a beat. got along so well in fact that i thought i'd get another as a 'backup' (never enough mods, right?). this time the brass version.
got it yesterday. so far there are three areas where it's not close to it's elder brother.
1. reads 0.1ohms high with the two tanks i've tried it with
2. it's much more fierce. on average i've had to set it 10/20W less than the other steampunk or my alien. have even gone as far as setting it to soft and i've never had to do that before with any mod i've owned.
3. rattles. the fire button and the up/down buttons. even when they're held there's a small rattle inside.
will i keep it? yes. it's still very capable and i guess i'l get used to the above. maybe my expectations were just too high after my first version. and yes, it is authentic.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
With mods selling on thin margins I think something has to suffer. Most of the time it's the QC which can be a pain in the ..... Seems when you get a good one your set but the trade off for that is the inconvenience of having to return mods from time to time.

lupinehorror

bròn
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2017
Dunblane
With mods selling on thin margins I think something has to suffer. Most of the time it's the QC which can be a pain in the ..... Seems when you get a good one your set but the trade off for that is the inconvenience of having to return mods from time to time.
keeping it and have got used to dialing in different settings. QC will always be an issue i guess as i'm not buying top-end gear.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
keeping it and have got used to dialing in different settings. QC will always be an issue i guess as i'm not buying top-end gear.
Same here, I only buy the $50 and under mods and have gotten one dud but have had more success than failure.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
If it helps at all, I think the gunmetal seems to be better crafted, overall, than some of the others. I have the rose-gold version as my everyday vape, and it too reads ohms consistently high and is a huge power-giver. Since it's consistent, it's not really an issue, but I did have to turn down my wattages as well. Battery door is far more rattl-y than the silver version, I'm not sure if it's unique to the finish(es) though I guess it very well could be. I was keeping the silver in Hibernation in case the other one dies as I love this mod so much. Though, I may break it out at some point, for example if I adore the Tesla Steampunk 200 which apparently is coming out at some point in the future, which, if I love it I will probably buy two as well.....

Anna

doghair

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2014
Phoenix

Nailed it.

quality.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread